PDA

View Full Version : Question about Final Fantasy X

CodeName62
Jun 3, 2002, 06:55 PM
Hi there. I need help in Final Fantasy X. I was wondering if anybody here could tell me how to defeat those Magic Urns, that lurk in the Cavern of the Stolen Fayth. The sensor tells me to pick the right eye, and then a treasure will some. I usually get 3 of the eyes right, but when it somes to the 4th and 5th eye, I usually get it wrong. Than the idiot self-destructs. Is picking the eye just luck, or is there is a way to find out which eye is the right eye to pick. I have tried observing it, and noticed that the pot moves around. Is it's movement a sign? Another bad thing about the Magic Urn is that it isn't as common to find as the other monster that inhabit the cavern. So it takes me some time to find another Magic Urn. The reason why I need to now how to defeat the Magic Urn, is because I need to capture it. I am only missing one monster from the Sunken Cavern, and the Magic Urn has to be it. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 3, 2002, 07:03 PM
You cannot capture it. The clue is the glowing thing attached to its head. The light will be in the vicinity of the correct target and the movement will differ slightly for each target. If you insist on trying to get all the targets correctly, make sure you have 2 party memebers escape so they don't substain any damage.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 3, 2002, 07:05 PM
I forgot to mention that you're probably missing the ghost or possibly a tonberry.

Kaze
Jun 3, 2002, 07:09 PM
On 2002-06-03 16:55, CodeName62 wrote:
Is picking the eye just luck, or is there is a way to find out which eye is the right eye to pick.

Picking the eye is completely luck and the purpose in attacking the correct eye is to get a bonus item from it. The best thing to do when you encounter a Magic Urn is to (If you aren't interested in attaining unneeded items) just run away. There's no point in fighting them. (See below)

Is it's movement a sign?

It's movement is part of the enemy's animation sequence, the eye in which is correct is completely random. (Atleast to my knowledge)

The reason why I need to now how to defeat the Magic Urn is because I need to capture it. I am only missing one monster from the Sunken Cavern, and the Magic Urn has to be it. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks in advance.

Well, here's some good news for you. ^_^ You don't need to capture the Magic Urn, as 1.) It isn't one of the required enemies in the Monster Arena and 2.) You cannot capture the Magic Urn. It has unlimited health for if you do ever get to attack it and it is a monster that cannot be captured.
Odds are the enemy you're missing is a Tonberry, as those were rather difficult for me to encounter down in the Cavern of the Fayth. (I've already defeated Nemesis, so I know how big of a pain it is to capture 10 of every enemy) If that's not it, then just keep searching. Just keep in mind that those Magic Urns are not enemies you need to capture! ^_^;

watashiwa
Jun 3, 2002, 08:07 PM
I haven't even gotten around to most of the side quests, yet. I'm still trying to beat the final boss. -_- Second form keeps killing me. I don't know Ultima or Doublecast yet and the mages are too far away from the Osmose sphere to absorb more magic after they've exhausted theirs.

My strategy so far has been to just have one person heal, protect, and shell while Lulu and Yuna cost holy all day. I also feed them both a Mana Tablet when the fight begins to double their HP then use the only Megalixir I have in my inventory to double their MP. This seems to work up until the second form where they run out of magic and then I'm screwed. =P I also don't have the Zombie Attack either. I need to find some more return spheres or mega potions or megalixirs or something. Wish I knew where to find or buy them. Regular shops don't seem to sell 'em.

I think my party is out of luck! *sniff* I don't feel like leveling up all damn day either, because they are really far from either of those spheres and it takes awhile to gain just one sphere level. Bleh.

CodeName62
Jun 3, 2002, 08:38 PM
Well thanks for the help! Those were some quick responses. However this just leaves me puzzled now. I alreday have Toneberry and Ghost. Those two weren't to hard to get. Atleast, I know now that I won't have to capture Magic Urn. Ohh well, I'll just keep on looking in the cavern. Thanks again.

CodeName62
Jun 3, 2002, 11:57 PM
LOL I solved my puzzle. The enemy that I had not caught was an fiend that I have encountered many times. It's just that Auron didn't have the capturing weapon equiped, when I would kill this fiend. I forgot that I changed Auron's weapon earlier when I was exploring. I can not remember what the enemy's name was. All I can remember is that, it was an enemy is killed easily with peirce weapons, and that its name started with an "n". Well, once agin thanks for your help. If it wasn't for you guys I would still be in the Sunken Cavern, trying to capture Magic Urn.

watashiwa
Jun 4, 2002, 10:20 PM
I CLEARED THE GAME TODAY!!!!

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nerd
Jun 5, 2002, 12:19 AM
I'm still at Seymour Flux...

watashiwa
Jun 5, 2002, 12:21 AM
On 2002-06-04 22:19, Nerd wrote:
I'm still at Seymour Flux...

Ohh, he's one hard motherfucker.

Him and Yunalesca are the only two bosses I leveled up for. Well, I also leveled up a smidge for the last boss. Taught Lulu and Yuna both Holy.

Greg
Jun 5, 2002, 01:31 AM
The final boss was totally gay.
The following quote about count chocula applies well...

"...I mean are we supposed to be afraid of this guy???"

Balthor
Jun 5, 2002, 01:47 AM
I bet 5$ count chocula would kick sins ass http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

CodeName62
Jun 6, 2002, 10:05 AM
Hey there again. I have another question. What is Auron's Crest called? Thanks in advance.

Kaze
Jun 6, 2002, 11:09 AM
Auron has the Mars Crest.

...yeah. Hope that helps. ^_^

CodeName62
Jun 16, 2002, 11:35 AM
Well, I have another question. Where can I obtain or find the item, Wings of Discovery. Thanks in advance.

SS_Death
Jun 18, 2002, 08:28 AM
Wings of Discovery are dropped by Shinryu in the Monster arena (supposedly)

I completed the game last Sunday. Used the Celestial weapons and Auron's Banishing Blade on Seymor Flux...dead in one hit...

Worse, final boss, Blitz Ace with Tidus. 52,000+ damage. Dead boss, game complete. Didn't like the ending tho...

After that I can't be bothered to kill the Dark Aeons or Omega Weapon...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

CodeName62
Jun 19, 2002, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll have to check out that feind at the battle arena. Now I still have another question. Where can I find more LVL 4 spheres? I just discovered the Omega Ruins. Will I find some LVL 4 spheres there in the Omega Ruins?

ragnar
Jun 20, 2002, 09:36 AM
kill the omega weapon for some or u can bribe a monstor for a couple but forgot the monster i think chimera brain in calm lands but not toal sure

Vitamin_D
Jun 20, 2002, 01:19 PM
On 2002-06-18 06:28, SS_Death wrote:
Wings of Discovery are dropped by Shinryu in the Monster arena (supposedly)

Oh yeah..he DEFINITELY does. The first time I fought him I got 2 dark matter, but the second time he gave me 2 wings of discovery. The other way to get the wings is to bribe a Marlboro (calm lands one) for 540,000 Gil. He'll give you anywhere from 2 to 5. 5 is Quite Rare, so if you get 4 save it. Oh...and Ultima and Omega Weapon are easier than Jecht is...Try fighting the Original Monster Th'Uban...THAT'S a hard boss!

geewj
Jun 20, 2002, 03:10 PM
Ya, the last boss is a joke. Well, once you get a celestial wep then every guy is a joke (cept for the monster arena guys).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prof_Frink on 2002-06-20 13:46 ]</font>

Last_Saiyan
Jun 20, 2002, 03:40 PM
Hands down the hardest Thing in the whole game is the Omega Weapon in the Monster Arena

watashiwa
Jun 20, 2002, 05:00 PM
On 2002-06-18 06:28, SS_Death wrote:
Worse, final boss, Blitz Ace with Tidus. 52,000+ damage. Dead boss, game complete. Didn't like the ending tho...

Heh, the last boss doesn't die in one 52,000 hit. The final last boss, who's a joke, has 99999 HP.

And the boss before him has two forms. One with 60000 HP and the other with 120000 HP. Even if you had Blitz Ace, you'd still need to pull it off twice to kill the first form and three times for the third form. And I'm sure you don't have repeated overdrives. =P You probably got ONE Blitz Ace off and then attacked him normally with the other characters.

Falkon
Jun 20, 2002, 05:01 PM
You mean Nemesis? Yeah, he's killer.

[EDIT: Darn it watashiwa. I was aiming that at last_saiyan's remark.]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Falkon on 2002-06-20 15:03 ]</font>

Vitamin_D
Jun 20, 2002, 07:10 PM
On 2002-06-20 15:00, watashiwa wrote:

Heh, the last boss doesn't die in one 52,000 hit. The final last boss, who's a joke, has 99999 HP.

And the boss before him has two forms. One with 60000 HP and the other with 120000 HP. Even if you had Blitz Ace, you'd still need to pull it off twice to kill the first form and three times for the third form. And I'm sure you don't have repeated overdrives. =P You probably got ONE Blitz Ace off and then attacked him normally with the other characters.

I actually have 2 files...One that's Gonna beat the game going straight to the last boss (37 hrs. HARD) and one file that's done all the sidequests and what not (113 hours, 3 characters with maxed stats...well except for luck.) That way, I can have a challenging last boss...and a OMGWTFBS!!!111 last boss.

Kent
Jun 20, 2002, 09:00 PM
I still like Final Fantasy VII better...

SS_Death
Jun 21, 2002, 04:49 AM
Only got one boss left now...however I don't think any of the American player have him.

Before I look like a complete melon for saying that, has anyone encountered the Dark Aeons?

Don't know what I'm talking about? See this link for details:

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/final_fantasy_x_dark_aeons.txt

BTW, Omega weapon was easy, it is true that once you have a Celestial weapon nothing really bugs you any more except monster arena (and Dark Aeons if you have the PAL or International versions of course)

blitzer03
Jun 21, 2002, 05:00 AM
You know the chocobo race thing to get the cloudy mirror. You race on that again, get three treasure chests, dont get hit by the pole thingies, win the race, and you get 10 doors to tomorrows.

Its WAY easier than beating sombody.

watashiwa
Jun 21, 2002, 06:07 PM
On 2002-06-20 17:10, Vitamin_D wrote:
I actually have 2 files...One that's Gonna beat the game going straight to the last boss (37 hrs. HARD)

That's the way I beat the game. Final Aeon was a fucking bitch for me. Took me 5 tries. Wheeeeeeeeeee...

Last_Saiyan
Jun 21, 2002, 07:05 PM
I don't care what anyone says, Yunalesca needs it bad!!! She is one naughty naughty boss that needs some limits broken. hehehe

Vitamin_D
Jun 22, 2002, 05:33 PM
On 2002-06-21 03:00, blitzer03 wrote:
You know the chocobo race thing to get the cloudy mirror. You race on that again, get three treasure chests, dont get hit by the pole thingies, win the race, and you get 10 doors to tomorrows.

Its WAY easier than beating sombody.

You get 99 door tommorows for catching every monster in 4 areas...THAT's the best way to do it. And the chocobo race getrs you 30 wings of discovery for 3 chests...well for me atleast.