PDA

View Full Version : Y, god?! Y?!

Swan
Jun 25, 2004, 07:59 PM
anyone else notice how anoying it is that you can reconfigure every face button except Y? I mean, look at what Sonic Team through away there? couldn't talking just be a menu command? andI was OK with Ver.1's item equiping system. you could pull off some insane spell combo's if you could reconfigure Y. am I right?
...or do I just have too much time on my hands?

beatnik09
Jun 25, 2004, 08:22 PM
ur right, tht button is usless, they could have put it in chat to bring up that window, it would save a lot of time, but i still think they need tht their on R+Y cuz tht helps a lot.

Eanae
Jun 25, 2004, 08:47 PM
I dont see an option for my response, so I'll just leave it to a reply ^.^ I kinda and kinda don't find it annoying that you can't reconfigure the y button on the controller. I mean, it's not that big a deal, but it kinda gets annoying pressing r + a, x, or b all the time. having that y set to something may be a bit more helpful.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jun 25, 2004, 09:01 PM
What i don't understand is why they don't make a third menu. z+b, z+a, and z+x should all be options. I would much rather give up the ability to bring up start menu with z, than only to have 2 menus.

Eanae
Jun 25, 2004, 09:46 PM
On 2004-06-25 19:01, cHaOsMaZtA wrote:
What i don't understand is why they don't make a third menu. z+b, z+a, and z+x should all be options. I would much rather give up the ability to bring up start menu with z, than only to have 2 menus.

You know, I never thought of that. That's a really great idea. (though those combo buttons can kill your fingers after a few hours playing @_@) Maybe we should burn it into st's brains for universe, or possibly another ep 1 & 2 update (like thats gonna happen http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eanae on 2004-06-25 19:46 ]</font>

Solstis
Jun 25, 2004, 09:48 PM
PSSH.

If ya can't handle the heat, get out of the fire!

It adds some skill to the game, y'know? Trying to decide what techniques you need, and which you can relegate to the Y button.

Ah... 'tis a dangerous game.

Nai_Calus
Jun 25, 2004, 09:52 PM
Or just switch to BB and have ten more keys to map things to. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Eihwaz
Jun 25, 2004, 09:57 PM
Is it that hard to add a W and a H?

Spelling is your friend. >_>

LoreSeeker
Jun 25, 2004, 10:16 PM
On 2004-06-25 19:57, Eihwaz wrote:

I think he did that for effect, based on the topic of his post. I was going to be mad, but then I recognized that the title for his topic was actually kinda smart.

ST wouldn't bother changing the game enough to let you map a control to Y. If something isn't broken, they're not going to fix it. In fact, they like breaking things just for the hell of it, probably why FSODX is so common. Anyway, letting people map controls to Y would be kinda nice, but it's hardly necessary. People can legitly reach level 200 without having two extra shortcuts, so it can't be that big of a deal.

Fyrin
Jun 26, 2004, 02:25 AM
Blue Burst seems like the way to go for more button configurations.

Xaos127
Jun 26, 2004, 08:21 AM

That spells WHY...

lain2k3
Jun 26, 2004, 12:16 PM
On 2004-06-26 06:21, Xaos127 wrote:

That spells WHY...

and that was his point...

but yes, he used "Y" for an actual reason. I was going to be pissed too, until i read the post.

And no, I hardly think having more shortcuts is necessary, I like the game best how it is, you actually need to decide what will be the most useful in any given area, or be very adept at casting quickly from the R+Y menu.

KingChaos
Jun 26, 2004, 02:01 PM
your right i would love to be able to have 8 options rather than 6. grrr

Eihwaz
Jun 26, 2004, 08:52 PM
Oh...wait.

GOD DAMMIT GAH SO STUPID! >__<;

I can't believe I didn't get that. I need to read stuff more.

Jesus Christ. -__-