PDA

View Full Version : GIGO

geewj
Jun 26, 2004, 01:38 AM
Ok, this is a serious questions.

I need to know who has heard of the phrase GIGO: Garbage in garbage out.

I wanted to use it for something I'm making. I was under the impression that is was a commonly known phrase, but everyone I've mentioned it to so far has had no idea what I was talking about.

So please just answer honestly if you've heard of it before.. If you feel adventurous enough, even post where you remember learning/hearing it from.

EJ
Jun 26, 2004, 01:48 AM
I have heard of that phrase garbarge in garbage out but are you saying it as GIGO then that is the first for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ForceEJ on 2004-06-25 23:49 ]</font>

geewj
Jun 26, 2004, 02:04 AM
Well, simply knowing Garbage in garbage out is enough.

Zaneatron
Jun 26, 2004, 02:04 AM
I have heared the phrase GIGO. when i looked at the topic name, i knew what it meant.

I heared it in IT in secondary school, prolly at the age of 14, but i may have heared before then.

It was being used in the context of Access databases (i think) so basically, if you put crap data into the database, your going to get crap back out http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

pixelate
Jun 26, 2004, 03:44 PM
Strike that phrase from everyone's vocab!

Eanae
Jun 26, 2004, 03:49 PM
Hmm.... can't say I ever have heard it before... And I'm online alot, and have talked with alot of different people. *shrugs*

Ness
Jun 26, 2004, 04:10 PM
I have never heard that before in my life.