PDA

View Full Version : When to fight Falz?

Tact
Jun 26, 2004, 08:38 AM
Here's the deal: I have a lvl 25 FOnewearl up to the Ruins, and she's got some good weapons for Normal mode (Hold Pillar, Thunder Mace, Dim Handgun, and a Baton with some kind of special when I can equip it) Should I have gone to fight Falz by now? And, if so or not, what changes should I make to my equipment?

Weapons: I already told you.

Armor: Solid Frame, 4 slots

Barrier: Brave Barrier

Units: Priest/Mind+
General/Mind+
Angel/Mind+
Angel/Mind+

MAG: None (Yes, I know I should get a MAG)

beatnik09
Jun 26, 2004, 08:43 AM
i have three issues with ur charatcer

1. level up more, for a FO thts a low level to be fighting falz, ull die instatly, lol.
2. try and find a resistance to light unit, helps against the grants he casts, and any other resist or something, try and equip about 3 resists and 1 mind unit.
3. i dont like FOnewearls http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif lol, jk

Ketchup345
Jun 26, 2004, 08:46 AM
Some Ideas:
1) Start raising a Mag.
2) Get some HP units. Many of Falz's attacks are direct HP damage that ignore DFP.
3) Use this guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=948) to find out how much HP you will need (HP needed is the ATP of her attacks). It looks like 135 HP will let you survive (just don't get frozen).

Tact
Jun 26, 2004, 08:48 AM
On 2004-06-26 06:46, Ketchup345 wrote:
Some Ideas:
1) Start raising a Mag.
2) Get some HP units. Many of Falz's attacks are direct HP damage that ignore DFP.
3) Use this guide (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=948) to find out how much HP you will need (HP needed is the ATP of her attacks). It looks like 135 HP will let you survive (just don't get frozen).

The question is, what kind of MAG?

beatnik09
Jun 26, 2004, 08:50 AM
On 2004-06-26 06:48, tactician7777 wrote:

On 2004-06-26 06:46, Ketchup345 wrote:
Some Ideas:
1) Start raising a Mag.

The question is, what kind of MAG?

well whats your section ID?

Tact
Jun 26, 2004, 08:54 AM
Pinkal. I know that does matter...

Eanae
Jun 26, 2004, 09:21 AM
I beat normal faltz with a level 24 FOnewearl. So it's never really too early. Of course, yes, I raised my mag alot on my way to him, and I also got lucky enough to find some Grants disks, which did about 240 damage a shot to him, but was a big tp hog. *shrugs* but if your mag sucks, or you don't have grants, I would lvl up some more, because the damage he does knocks ya pretty close, and you're always having to heal. Hope that helped.

Ketchup345
Jun 26, 2004, 09:25 AM
If you can, transfer it to a RAnger or HUnter to get their level 10 Photon Blast (Leilla isn't that useful on a FOrce).

I would go for either a 50/0/0/150, or a 5/0/45/150. Its up to you.

Tact
Jun 26, 2004, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the tips. I'll try them out.

KingChaos
Jun 26, 2004, 02:09 PM
do it straight away. falz = easy

teflon
Jun 26, 2004, 05:01 PM
Don't even bother with weps. Just find something that boosts your MST, raise a good Mind mag and go nuts on him. You'll win.

Nazo
Jun 27, 2004, 03:49 AM
OK guys, you guys prob missed an important bit: Tactician is on normal. That means that he:

a) does not need to worry about grants or whatnot.
b) he doesn't need to freak out on HP as long as he has plenty of fluids+resta.

If this is your first time Tactician, you probably don't need to worry. I freaked out the first time I fought Falz with my FOnewearl (Laxanix), but then I managed to beat it at a level of 22. If you have plenty of fluids and resta, you should have no problem living. If there still are minor issues, resort to monomates and, if absolutely neccessary, deband (hotkey it if ur going to use it often). As for your weapons, they sound extremely... well, unnecessarilly powerful for Falz, but if u want to use them go ahead.

One more thing, just be sure that you know the weaknesses:

-First form: weak to zonde,
-Second form: weak to barta.

And despite what some people say, don't bother using Shifta to power up. Its a waste. Just zonde zonde zonde, then barta barta barta with an occasional resta, and you'll have beaten him in no time.

Tact
Jun 27, 2004, 06:51 AM
On 2004-06-27 01:49, Nazo wrote:
OK guys, you guys prob missed an important bit: Tactician is on normal. That means that he:

a) does not need to worry about grants or whatnot.
b) he doesn't need to freak out on HP as long as he has plenty of fluids+resta.

If this is your first time Tactician, you probably don't need to worry. I freaked out the first time I fought Falz with my FOnewearl (Laxanix), but then I managed to beat it at a level of 22. If you have plenty of fluids and resta, you should have no problem living. If there still are minor issues, resort to monomates and, if absolutely neccessary, deband (hotkey it if ur going to use it often). As for your weapons, they sound extremely... well, unnecessarilly powerful for Falz, but if u want to use them go ahead.

One more thing, just be sure that you know the weaknesses:

-First form: weak to zonde,
-Second form: weak to barta.

And despite what some people say, don't bother using Shifta to power up. Its a waste. Just zonde zonde zonde, then barta barta barta with an occasional resta, and you'll have beaten him in no time.

The thing is, I DO have Grants...lvl 8, and this is my 2nd character I'm going to fight Falz with. And I leveled up my Fonewearl...and, since I have Grants, should I use that instead?

EDIT: The reason is, I go and fetch stuff from higher difficulties with my lvl 117 RAmarl for my Force and Hunter to use. That's why my FO has such powerful stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tactician7777 on 2004-06-27 04:52 ]</font>

Nazo
Jun 27, 2004, 09:11 AM
On 2004-06-27 04:51, tactician7777 wrote:

The thing is, I DO have Grants...lvl 8, and this is my 2nd character I'm going to fight Falz with. And I leveled up my Fonewearl...and, since I have Grants, should I use that instead?

EDIT: The reason is, I go and fetch stuff from higher difficulties with my lvl 117 RAmarl for my Force and Hunter to use. That's why my FO has such powerful stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tactician7777 on 2004-06-27 04:52 ]</font>

Ah I see. Well what I meant by "not having to worry about grants" is dealing with the grants that Falz shoots out in his third form, which you don't face in Normal. The important thing is that your HP is 136 (I think?) or higher in Hard mode, because- as some may remember- I freaked out totally fighting Falz without that HP.

As for usage of grants... Its not really necessary, but if you want to smack Falz with it a few times, it won't hurt. But try not to stray too much from the zonde/barta fest, or else you could get distracted. The most important thing to keep in mind is to KEEP ALIVE.

Good luck!

Tact
Jun 27, 2004, 09:23 AM
On 2004-06-27 07:11, Nazo wrote:

On 2004-06-27 04:51, tactician7777 wrote:

Ah I see. Well what I meant by "not having to worry about grants" is dealing with the grants that Falz shoots out in his third form, which you don't face in Normal. The important thing is that your HP is 136 (I think?) or higher in Hard mode, because- as some may remember- I freaked out totally fighting Falz without that HP.

As for usage of grants... Its not really necessary, but if you want to smack Falz with it a few times, it won't hurt. But try not to stray too much from the zonde/barta fest, or else you could get distracted. The most important thing to keep in mind is to KEEP ALIVE.

Good luck!

My FOnewearl has 140 max HP right now, do you think that would be enough to live through his attacks? And what do I do about the Darvants?

darthsaber9x9
Jun 27, 2004, 10:37 AM
dont bother with deband or shifta at all. in fact all you need to do is barta the darvants, gizonde the 3 headed form and then barta(?) the next form and youre done.

try and use tech boosting weapons if you have them, and if you can raise your mag mind up enough

Tact
Jun 27, 2004, 10:45 AM
Wow. I'm getting a truckload of help! Thanks everybody. I think I know how to whip Falz now.

Nazo
Jun 27, 2004, 11:13 AM
Yep. Follow Darth's advice (reiterated from mine http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)... HP should be enough. Good luck!

Tact
Jun 27, 2004, 11:15 AM
Ok, so I think my black-clad FOnewearl is ready to fight Falz...getting through 3 Ruins levels, on the other hand...

Ketchup345
Jun 27, 2004, 11:27 AM
On 2004-06-27 07:23, tactician7777 wrote:
My FOnewearl has 140 max HP right now, do you think that would be enough to live through his attacks? And what do I do about the Darvants?

Yes, 140 HP is fine. Check the link I gave above, and what I said with it. I gave the stats for normal Falz.

Just be sure to fully heal after each attack. You may want to use the boss item drop trick (where you die on purpose to get more healing items).

Tact
Jun 27, 2004, 11:34 AM
Ok. Now all I need to do is find a bunch of free time.

Linear88s
Jun 28, 2004, 10:08 AM
I was a lvl 30 RAcast before i faught a normal Dark Falz. I freaked out cuz the Chaos Bringers kept beatin me up, so i decided to lvl up a lot. I happened to beat DArk Falz on normal first time thru. It was so easy. But for a force, it will be harder. Bring some Freeze/Resists, or a Blizzard/Resist if you can. That will help you get un-frozen sooner.