PDA

View Full Version : Parasitic gene "FLOW"

dragoon2471
Jun 26, 2004, 03:02 PM
i read somewhere that you gan get parasitic gene flow if you beat Olga Flow on Ult mode on online or multiplayer and if you came back Flowen will give you the gene. Is it true or is it a lie.

Ketchup345
Jun 26, 2004, 03:08 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=84571&forum=7&0

Kurosawa
Jun 26, 2004, 03:19 PM
It's not true. Drops for Olga haven't been turned on yet by the do-nothing, worthless joke that is Sonic Team.

Tact
Jun 26, 2004, 03:23 PM
Read this. http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=84571&forum=7&0

Para
Jun 26, 2004, 03:31 PM
Yes it does give the gene but its a 1/64 chance as i hear.

This is an item discussion thread and should be in the other forum.

The gene is used to erode either a sword, rod or shot to become dark flow, dark bridge or dark meteor.

Superguppie
Jun 26, 2004, 06:06 PM
There is a THEORY that it is possible to obtain it. I couldn't find the post about the particular theory, so no link to it.
However, despite people claiming they have done it, there is no real evidence of it. Some people have promissed to make videos showing it, but so far noone has actualy done so.
Also, the way it is done involves doing some things that can be considered cheating, so it's a good question whether it should be called legit. That is, IF the theory is correct.

Mixfortune
Jun 26, 2004, 08:46 PM
On 2004-06-26 13:31, Nites wrote:
Yes it does give the gene but its a 1/64 chance as i hear.

This is an item discussion thread and should be in the other forum.

The gene is used to erode either a sword, rod or shot to become dark flow, dark bridge or dark meteor.

It may have a 1/64 rare drop rate when it drops something, but Olga Flow's overall drop rate of anything at all is set to 0. There are multiple checks when determining a drop, and since there is no drop of anything, there is no rare drop.

At least, that's what's been said.

LoreSeeker
Jun 26, 2004, 08:53 PM
One of the most commonly used drop charts is found at http://faqs.ign.com/articles/393/393635p1.html. It's generally considered to be correct, and it shows that there is a 0% drop rate for the gene. Based on that, every Parasitic Gene Flow, Dark Flow, Dark Meteor, and Dark Bridge is non-legit.

Eanae
Jun 26, 2004, 08:53 PM
Has anyone actually physically checked to see if the drop rate was zero? or is it just something assumed? I mean, it could have a rediculous drop rate like 1/10000000 or something. Plus, I don't think ST would set the drop rate to 0. Cause if they "activate it" any offline players won't get this activation.

Corey
Jun 26, 2004, 09:11 PM
Yes, the many people who ripped the disc checked.

Primrose
Jun 27, 2004, 03:27 AM
Yes, and one who ripped it (Sounomi) believes that the theory of "activating the drop rate somewhen" is wrong. Mainly because drops are always generated from the players console, not from the server, therefore activating the drop isnt possible.
Besides, since the Dreamcast versions, Dark Falz has never dropped any items, so why would this change now?

Some believe that a drop anything rate isnt needed for this elusive item.
So maybe the Flowen/Rico theory isnt farfetched?
Or maybe its just an online quest item?

Nazo
Jun 27, 2004, 04:24 AM
We should probably consider the rumor of the legendary Japanese dude who claimed to have legitly gotten the DNA. For example:

-Where did he get it? Online or off?
-What ID? (although the charts mainly say that its ??? for all IDs) Is it relevant?
-Is it 0% on both on/off? Where? DC? GC? XBox? Has that been changed in + or BB?

...Some food for thought.

Primrose
Jun 27, 2004, 12:58 PM
I dont care much about this player. I believe only people that i trust, people that can prove something, or myself.
But to answer your questions:
Apperantly is was an Oran player, but if you look at the code, you will know that ID doesnt matter.
The 0% drop rate is offline and online, like i said, it probably will stay at 0% and will not change online, and this applies for all Epside 1 & 2 versions.
The Dreamcast versions didnt have the gene, although there was a special gene "flou", that probably wasnt intended for release (in other words: hacked) and might have been just a test item for Episode 1 & 2.
Remember, Episode 2 didnt exist on the Dreamast version, therefore there was no Olga Flow.
The story of Olga as a computer began with Soul of Steel, so the item might have been in the makings.

...Some food for thought.

People have discussed about this veryvery often, there are endless amounts of threads covering new ideas of the possible way of getting Parasite Gene Flow. None has been proven so far, so its still a mistery.

PaleKid15
Jun 27, 2004, 01:31 PM
Some questions...

1- Why isn't this locked yet?
2- Why has this gone on so long?
3- How many people can pot the same link before it becomes spam?
4- WHY doesn't anyone ever read stickies?

Ok, now I'm going to be as "on topic" as I can.

I have a question about ST "activating" drops. I believe that primrose said, that sounomi didn't think it was possible to "activate" a drop. My question: couldn't ST activate the drop, much like a quest? You dont "download" quests, the server sends instructions to your GC to access the quest data. Could't ST do something similar to this to activate Falz/Flow drops?

Of course, not that it matters, ST will never get off there lazy asses to to do anything anyway. They're releasing TTF2, so they're good for another 6 months or so as far as they're concerned.

Mixfortune
Jun 27, 2004, 02:55 PM
Well, they may not be able to directly activate the drop if it's part of a quest, but rather have some sort of random chance in a quest to create a box/crate that has the gene inside...

I'm not really knowledgable on this game's coding, so I may be completely off base as for what is possible and what isn't...

Dyras
Jun 27, 2004, 05:01 PM
Granted Olga itself doesn't have a drop rate, but could it be that it is a 1/64 chance that flowen gives it?

I'm surprised that everyone is jumping down throats without testing this hypothesis being as it could be possible for the very reason I just asked.

K4t4n4
Jun 27, 2004, 08:36 PM
Besides, since the Dreamcast versions, Dark Falz has never dropped any items, so why would this change now?
El Wrongo, its Olga Flow who drops it, and the drop rate is indeed set at 0/0. Read the stickies and realize that the only reason we have seen it is because of hackers.

Eanae
Jun 27, 2004, 08:52 PM
What about pso plus? Anything different in that? Just curious...

heyf00L
Jun 28, 2004, 12:58 AM
On 2004-06-27 01:27, Primrose wrote:
Yes, and one who ripped it (Sounomi) believes that the theory of "activating the drop rate somewhen" is wrong. Mainly because drops are always generated from the players console, not from the server, therefore activating the drop isnt possible.

Some believe that a drop anything rate isnt needed for this elusive item.
So maybe the Flowen/Rico theory isnt farfetched?
Or maybe its just an online quest item?

Sounomi doesn't know what ST can and can't do. Plus, they activated rares on DC. Any player that doesn't cheat can tell you that the two end bosses do not drop items. And anybody that can hex edit can tell you that they have rare items set to drop. There's only one possibility, just use your head and don't over think it.

Dillon
Jun 28, 2004, 01:13 AM
Erm. If I'm correct..things on PSO, much like many other MMORPGS, are controlled Server-side..such as drop rates.

I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume ST could make a quest, and load a script into it to override the drop rate for any given enemy, and make say..a Rag Rappy drop a..Lavis Canon.

Now that I think about that..I dunno. I'd say it's possible that they could do that, and since someone said they activated rares for DC, I'm assuming they could do that now.

Although I may be wrong..yes, I'm pretty sure ST could just do that and manipulate anything they wanted to like that. Like enemy counts for the room..etc., maybe. I dunno.

Just an assumption, be it wrong or right.

Razorwood
Jun 28, 2004, 03:44 AM
My theory is since TTF Ep2 (Forgot the name) is being released tomorrow, the DNA will be the prize.

It makes sense:

1. The quest is in Ep2
2. The quest involves the lab
3. You have to kill Olga Flow

I'm guessing the lab are sending the hunters to collect data, hence gathering the DNA.

FattyMcGee
Jun 28, 2004, 04:03 AM
On 2004-06-28 01:44, Razorwood wrote:
My theory is since TTF Ep2 (Forgot the name) is being released tomorrow, the DNA will be the prize.

It makes sense:

1. The quest is in Ep2
2. The quest involves the lab
3. You have to kill Olga Flow

I'm guessing the lab are sending the hunters to collect data, hence gathering the DNA.

seems a decently good theory to me. Would be nice if it were true, anyway. Oh well, I never believe anything til I see it, so I guess we'll just have to find out. Or rather, you all can find out and tell me about it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I dont have online access yet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

--fatty

Superguppie
Jun 28, 2004, 04:13 AM
It would make sense if TTF would get us Red Ring. And considering the enthousiasm at doing that of some of the EXP hungry people among us, I think we should have reports of that. And we don't have those.
Time will tell...

Primrose
Jun 28, 2004, 08:19 AM
On 2004-06-27 18:36, K4t4n4 wrote:
El Wrongo, its Olga Flow who drops it, and the drop rate is indeed set at 0/0. Read the stickies and realize that the only reason we have seen it is because of hackers.

Now youre so smart, http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif
tell me, did Olga Flow appear on Dreamcast or was Olga Flow introduced to PSO with the release of Episode 1 & 2?
Dark Falz never dropped an item on any of the Dreamcast versions and still doesnt, and Olga Flow acts like Dark Falz, they are both end bosses. Thats was what i wanted to say.
Meaning, they wont activate any drop, because end bosses dont drop items, period.
And for once i must say, this Sticky is probably wrong.

On 2004-06-27 22:58, heyf00L wrote:
Sounomi doesn't know what ST can and can't do. Plus, they activated rares on DC. Any player that doesn't cheat can tell you that the two end bosses do not drop items. And anybody that can hex edit can tell you that they have rare items set to drop. There's only one possibility, just use your head and don't over think it.

They never activated rares as a drop, they released rares as quest items, which is not the same, or what are you referring to? Can you give further explanations?

On 2004-06-27 23:13, Dillon wrote:
Erm. If I'm correct..things on PSO, much like many other MMORPGS, are controlled Server-side..such as drop rates.

I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume ST could make a quest, and load a script into it to override the drop rate for any given enemy, and make say..a Rag Rappy drop a..Lavis Canon.

Now that I think about that..I dunno. I'd say it's possible that they could do that, and since someone said they activated rares for DC, I'm assuming they could do that now.

Although I may be wrong..yes, I'm pretty sure ST could just do that and manipulate anything they wanted to like that. Like enemy counts for the room..etc., maybe. I dunno.

Just an assumption, be it wrong or right.

Not quite, rares that drop are generated from the console of the player, then the information is sent to the server.
Think of the glitch that is caused by Easter Egg/Christmas Present/Jack o' Lantern. If you open it online, every player sees a different item.

If Phantasy Star Online would be online only, then yes, it would be possible, they would save server side. But even the "new" enemies such as Ill Gil, Epsilon, Del Lily, Mericus and Merikle are in the disc.

And if Olga Flow/Dark Falz would have a drop anything rate, even if it would have to be activated, it would be somewhere in there...

LoreSeeker
Jun 28, 2004, 11:59 AM
On 2004-06-26 18:53, Eanae wrote:
Has anyone actually physically checked to see if the drop rate was zero? or is it just something assumed? I mean, it could have a rediculous drop rate like 1/10000000 or something. Plus, I don't think ST would set the drop rate to 0. Cause if they "activate it" any offline players won't get this activation.

Offline players can't get a few items, like Nei's Claw or a BKB. Those things are just incentives for playing online, and ST doesn't care if you get them or not, because they already got your $50 for the game.

Saffran
Jun 28, 2004, 12:43 PM
tell me, did Olga Flow appear on Dreamcast or was Olga Flow introduced to PSO with the release of Episode 1 & 2?
Olga Flow was shown on GC, but the whole Flowen Heathcliff subplot is already there, ever since V1. Play the Grave's Butler quest (DNA experiences for the government planned already before Pioneer 1 ever got launched), encounter Kireek in Black paper (-that man- from Pioneer 1 is already dead, but...), download Soul of Steel (that's where OLGA enters the picture), for example.
Episode 2 is basically a proper arrangement of most of the subtle hints given away in the quests in V1.

I still don't know what happens to Sue, though.

Primrose
Jun 28, 2004, 01:49 PM
Saffran,
i know of the Olga subplot, i already said Olga came up with the release of the downloadable quest Soul of Steel.
The reason why i said that was because K4t4n4 quoted me, and apparently didnt understand what i wanted to say and acted as mister wise guy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

...And actually i dont even know why you quoted me, because youre talking about something i wasnt even trying to say. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

But to make my point clear, for the third time: End bosses have never been able to drop anything, and i do not believe an any "activating" of the drop rate.

Saffran
Jun 28, 2004, 09:01 PM
I dunno, the part I quote seems to say "Olga Flow first appeared in episode 2 as the last boss, so it works like the last boss of episode 1, you monkey!".
It's just a feeling I got when I read that part. Sorry if I misunderstood....

Ahya
Jun 30, 2004, 06:24 AM
I dont see why you all would argue on a topic that isnt important.If ST did made an "activate" thingy for the drop rate it would be .. Stupid. they probably know that some players are only offline. (So say ... me) So why have an "activate" drop rate thingy. i might get myself confused but still, why make an item impossible to get..(unless obtained by hackers)
Anyways .. If Flowen can drop the Gene .. I wouldve probably gotten it already. Oh, I read someone write that killing a number of enemies in Ult Ep2 then fighting Olga Flow "might" give you the Gene.

I dunno this is what i remember reading

Superguppie
Jun 30, 2004, 07:12 AM
I hate to break this to you, but just like there are monsters that occur online only, there ARE items you can only get online. They're quest/Challenge mode prizes. It wouldn't even strike me as odd if they DID make a mechanisme to alter the drop-rates for online games...
And why would they make items available online only? Howabout making money from the people going online to get them?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-06-30 05:14 ]</font>

Ahya
Jun 30, 2004, 07:28 AM
On 2004-06-30 05:12, Superguppie wrote:
I hate to break this to you, but just like there are monsters that occur online only, there ARE items you can only get online. They're quest/Challenge mode prizes. It wouldn't even strike me as odd if they DID make a mechanisme to alter the drop-rates for online games...
And why would they make items available online only? Howabout making money from the people going online to get them?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Superguppie on 2004-06-30 05:14 ]</font>

For new PSO players they might be heart broken to find out that an item they want is only avalaible online. (They might want because they might have seen or heard about it from another person)

Superguppie
Jun 30, 2004, 08:15 AM
I know. But it's the way it is.
There has even been word of some items NEVER being released because there are too many hacked and duped ones around. That would mean even the people that ARE online would never be able to legitly get it. That would really piss me off.

PaleKid15
Jun 30, 2004, 01:51 PM
On 2004-06-30 06:15, Superguppie wrote:
I know. But it's the way it is.
There has even been word of some items NEVER being released because there are too many hacked and duped ones around. That would mean even the people that ARE online would never be able to legitly get it. That would really piss me off.

I really hope that is not the case

Anyone who thinks that makes logical sense, shoud be shot on sight.

Primrose
Jun 30, 2004, 02:14 PM
The Dreamcast versions had a few items that werent released, and in the end they werent even banned, because they knew the game will die.

But Episode 1 & 2 looks more serious, eventhough some bugs still pop up rather frequently, they made a better job here. And with Works Guard being released i got my hopes up for the other non-released items.
But they will require quite a few quests...

Mixfortune
Jun 30, 2004, 02:40 PM
On 2004-06-30 05:28, Ahya wrote:

On 2004-06-30 05:12, Superguppie wrote:

For new PSO players they might be heart broken to find out that an item they want is only avalaible online. (They might want because they might have seen or heard about it from another person)

The game is Phantasy Star Online :|
For a monthly fee, I would want online exclusive items, quests, monsters, etc.
The drop cannot be activated offline without making a completely new version.

digigram
Jun 30, 2004, 02:48 PM
LEGITIMATELY....... not legitly, or unlegit.. jesus..

BTW, why isn't this thread locked yet.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: digigram on 2004-06-30 12:48 ]</font>

gream-green
Jun 30, 2004, 03:09 PM
On 2004-06-27 10:58, Primrose wrote:

Remember, Episode 2 didnt exist on the Dreamast version, therefore there was no Olga Flow.

Yes it did, I got it the day it came out;

PSO Ver. 2 Dreamcast U.S. Sept. 25, 2001, you had to convert your character over to EP2 and could not play EP1 anymore with that Character...so EP1 and 2 were not bundled but there was EP 2 for DC.

Mixfortune
Jun 30, 2004, 03:16 PM
On 2004-06-30 13:09, gream-green wrote:

PSO Ver. 2 Dreamcast U.S. Sept. 25, 2001, you had to convert your character over to EP2 and could not play EP1 anymore with that Character...so EP1 and 2 were not bundled but there was EP 2 for DC.

Version 2 is not Episode 2.
No, Episode 2 did not come out on Dreamcast.

gream-green
Jun 30, 2004, 03:51 PM
On 2004-06-30 13:16, Mixfortune wrote:

On 2004-06-30 13:09, gream-green wrote:

Version 2 is not Episode 2.
No, Episode 2 did not come out on Dreamcast.

Yeah, yeah thats totally correct just some new items and junk etc...now I remember, cool, cool.