PDA

View Full Version : HELP! I cant go online!!!

Kiwi
Jun 4, 2002, 10:55 AM
I need help fast!

I just inherited my brothers dreamcast, and I got a hunters licence for ver. 2 (veteran ver 1 girly here ^_^ ) but now my dreamcast won't dial out on anything! It gives me a "servers down check isp message". Can anyone help me?!

--Kiwi

Aceleonhart
Jun 4, 2002, 07:40 PM
Its either 1 of 2 probs ur having:
1) Ur ISP account has ran out, therefore doesn't exist anymore, or u may have entered ur isp details wrong or
2) The server is down, try again later etc.
Try logging on with ur dreamkey disc just to make sure ur isp is still there, and if it is just ur isp thats down.

Kiwi
Jun 4, 2002, 08:53 PM
Dreamkey? You mean the web browser right?

Anyway, my ISP isn't down I'm using it on my PC now. The only thing that is getting me is that the dreamcast isn't connecting to anything off the disc's I put in.

--Kiwi

P.S. - If I sound like an idiot someone slap me! ^_^

Ironmonkey
Jun 4, 2002, 09:17 PM
Does your ISP require that you input TCP/IP settings? Most dial-ups do not, however a few (ATT worldnet for ex.) require that you do.

Kiwi
Jun 4, 2002, 11:35 PM
No it doesn't, but I input my info like phone number password etc. (Simply because my software is a piece of...) ^_^

I did just get a copy of web browser 2.0 btw also the modem worked fine with ver 1.

--Kiwi

Aceleonhart
Jun 5, 2002, 09:02 PM
hmmm im at a loss then..
try doing this to see if its just ver2, most cases it is *cough*
Load up Ver2, go to the webpage option, and TRY to view the 'purchasing HL' page. If the page doesnt come up, then ur screwed http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Id suggest creating a new isp, free one preferably. Alternatively go to the HL page with ur browser disc in ur DC.
If thats not it, come back and describe in detail the exact problem from the beginning.

Kiwi
Jun 6, 2002, 06:48 AM
Yep I'm screwed....

The licence page won't show clicking in to sign up. It says that their is no connection, and asks to reconnect. Then I try with my Dreamcast web browser and then I get what seems to be endless loading time which the icon shows it's loading but it actually isn't....

This sucks....

-- Kiwi

Aceleonhart
Jun 6, 2002, 07:35 PM
Just create a new isp account, one just for pso. Use a free one of course. The problem is to do with ur DNS numbers or something. What ur getting is the famous network errors... When u sign on with ur isp, u then go through the server at dricas in japan to confirm ur HL and let u on. u want to learn more, check some older posts since i dont know the exact details. The only sure way to overcome the problem is to create a new isp. Well i dont know if that helps or not. If u have pso ver1, u can still get on with that as far as i know.

Kiwi
Jun 6, 2002, 10:36 PM
Ok that helps a little.

I know my DNS was changed resently (ISP's fault) didn't know if that was it. I switched it to 4.2.2.1 (2) just for normal browsing.

--Kiwi