PDA

View Full Version : Cool things to be featured in a pso game

Xion1
Jun 27, 2004, 04:35 PM
In this fourm i want all of the things that would make a pso game cool. I would think that theiving would be a cool ability. No not scamming. And the only way to get it up would to keep practicing this skill on other ppl.

Eanae
Jun 27, 2004, 04:38 PM
Thieving? That's much more medieval... and besides, you "work" for the government. Are you really going to go around stealing? I personally like most of the things the way they are. The one thing I would change is making hunters and rangers magical abilities weaker, to make forces more unique. Also add "penalties" for say a ranger using a sword or saber. It alows for classes to be more unique.

TheOneHero
Jun 27, 2004, 04:48 PM
make characters more customizable, maybe if you do good you could unlock a feature that allows you to create you own costume, maybe add like throwing knive that you could buy from the item shop that you would keep in your belt and see on screen, and if you have a handgun like have it in a holder on your leg or something if it is not being used, i dont know, this good be a fan boy dreaming, theres so much stuff that good be added that would make it cooler, but then if that happened you might lose the PSO feel, *come to think of it i lost alot of it when i played ep3 its fun, but come on...CARDS? CARDS? what was sega thinking! they screwed the last game in the trilogy to make the whole thing suck! honestly sega hasn't been very smart in the past, especially back in the old days. anyway, i dont wanna start a thing with everybody yelling at me, so im gonna go finish my m&ms experiment, and chill out, im a little worked up due to...

She broke my heart

DruidMettool
Jun 27, 2004, 06:01 PM
A pet system! And no, i'm not talking about mags. I'm talking about a tamed monster that would follow you around. Youd feed it, and it would give you items on certain occasions. It would be fun!

Bradicus
Jun 27, 2004, 06:06 PM
A jump button.

Xion1
Jun 27, 2004, 06:21 PM
i would also think that real time batle would look cooler. like... different moves
current pso...*attack* *attack*
the pso i wish could be a reality..jab slash stab stab uppercut.

Daikarin
Jun 27, 2004, 06:22 PM
Server monitoring by undercover cop users.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Even_Jin on 2004-06-27 16:23 ]</font>

Sayara
Jun 27, 2004, 06:24 PM
On 2004-06-27 16:22, Even_Jin wrote:
Server monitoring by undercover cop users.

Ba Bing.

That and the Pet System would be nice... Sol Dimenian Partner! Yay!

Solstis
Jun 27, 2004, 06:31 PM
The ability to kill NPCs with your own hands.

MOME!

TheOneHero
Jun 27, 2004, 11:59 PM
On 2004-06-27 16:06, Bradicus wrote:
A jump button.

yes, we need a jump button, though the question is. What would we need it for? I guess another thing that would be cool would be like roll thing that would allow you to dodge or something....*sigh* anyway...my hearts broken, i cant think really at the moment.

Cinnamon
Jun 28, 2004, 11:13 AM
A defense button, or some way to parry, dodge, etc, so you don't get smacked every time you finish a combo sure would be nice. Definitely more customizable characters. Lots of costumes don't mean anything if they're just pallete swaps! XP

Gnarled_rose
Jun 28, 2004, 11:25 AM
On 2004-06-28 09:13, Cinnamon wrote:
A defense button, or some way to parry, dodge, etc, so you don't get smacked every time you finish a combo sure would be nice. Definitely more customizable characters. Lots of costumes don't mean anything if they're just pallete swaps! XP

Great job, Cinnamon.
I think livelier combat in general would be better. And maybe the ability to SEE different armor changes. Some you can, but those are a rare few. If games where you are seeing the character from 30 feet in the air can do it, games where you're 3 feet behind them sure as heck can, too!

Firocket1690
Jun 28, 2004, 11:32 AM
On 2004-06-27 16:01, DruidMettool wrote:
A pet system! And no, i'm not talking about mags. I'm talking about a tamed monster that would follow you around. Youd feed it, and it would give you items on certain occasions. It would be fun!

Dude, wtf?

KaFKa
Jun 28, 2004, 11:54 AM

that would actually be cool, having something intelligent following you around...

and i'm also of the opinion that ST actually enforcing its TOS would be a good thing.

Daikarin
Jun 28, 2004, 01:05 PM

Um, that DOES sound like a mag. Except it doesn't give you items, it gives Photon Blasts and status heal/revival.

Swan
Jun 28, 2004, 02:34 PM
it'd be cool to be able to attack people on pioneer 2, and then the cops would come after you, and there could be bosses and levels (or whatever you want to call them)on pioneer 2, and people wouold remember what you do to them, and multiple endings would be nice.

Solstis
Jun 28, 2004, 02:40 PM
On 2004-06-28 12:34, Swan wrote:
it'd be cool to be able to attack people on pioneer 2, and then the cops would come after you, and there could be bosses and levels (or whatever you want to call them)on pioneer 2, and people wouold remember what you do to them, and multiple endings would be nice.

Grand Theft Meseta?

No thank you.

But it would be nice to go through people's apartments, taking items out of their crates, etc, and then asking them for quest info. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I want more techniques too... geez, just make some up like I do in my fics!

Actually, a return of magic would be nice too.

DruidMettool
Jun 28, 2004, 04:07 PM
Or better yet... having your OWN apartment.

geewj
Jun 28, 2004, 04:18 PM
On 2004-06-27 16:31, Solstis wrote:
The ability to kill NPCs with your own hands.

MOME!

Oh you can do that on ver 2. I killed MOME with grants using the glitch that lets you target allies. If you do it on another player, it doesnt hurt them, just pumps their PB. But on an NPC...

Kent
Jun 28, 2004, 04:29 PM
Make the Pioneer 2 a large, sprawling expanse, instead of small area with a view...

Zelda-style combat system.

Somewhat customizable weapons.

Something better than just Photon Blasts.

More weapon types, and make knuckles a base weapon type, not just rare items.

BALANCE the thing already!

Getintothegame
Jun 28, 2004, 04:29 PM
Ah, Frink, I remember that glitch!

Good ol' days.

Solstis
Jun 28, 2004, 04:42 PM
On 2004-06-28 14:29, Kent wrote:
Make the Pioneer 2 a large, sprawling expanse, instead of small area with a view...

Zelda-style combat system.

Somewhat customizable weapons.

Something better than just Photon Blasts.

More weapon types, and make knuckles a base weapon type, not just rare items.

Ba... ba what?

DruidMettool
Jun 28, 2004, 04:44 PM
On 2004-06-28 14:29, Kent wrote:

That reminds me, Mechguns should be RA-specific. I don't care who thinks otherwise.

It would more than halfway balance the game.

Xion1
Jul 2, 2004, 10:02 AM
On 2004-06-28 12:34, Swan wrote:

That would be prety cool like you could threaten random ppl" give me a rare weapon, OR the photon energy found within my blade will meet ure delicate a fragial throught"

Kadou
Jul 2, 2004, 04:49 PM
More server monitering and stability, and better real-timecombat system encompassing more maneuvering, offense, defense, and evasion abilities.

A flying class would be pretty cool too. Maybe droids with thrusters or something that have low but balanced atp, def and accuracy.

Garanz2
Jul 2, 2004, 05:44 PM
A far more balanced and fun combat system, relying on skill rather than who has the rarer weapon or the highest stats.

A wider range of options for character customisation. A high point of PSO, it should really be developed further in my opinion.

Less mindless repetition.

More MAG - Player interaction. Something that floats by your shoulders and jiggles slightly when you 'feed' it something isn't a really believable protector/companion is it?

BIGGER AREAS! Nuff said.

doubletake123
Jul 2, 2004, 07:20 PM
a jump button for mid air attacks
more weps
more spells
a parry move
more costumes/battle gear
and for hucasts to have little robot things that run up to an enemy and atach themselves and then blow up. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

WraithVerge
Jul 2, 2004, 07:51 PM
Damagable armor/clothing. Like burn marks, claw marks, dents, rust, chipped paint, etc.

Facial marks such as scars, bruises, etc.

Customizable outfits (tattoos, accessories, gloves, etc).

Different ways to attack (melee attacks).

Target specific body parts (pistols / rifles) and target two enemies when firing a Mechgun.

LoreSeeker
Jul 2, 2004, 08:52 PM
PSO-FSOD-FSODX=perfect game

It sounds like all of you want Ninja Gaiden out of your PSO experience. It seems fine to me, I just wish that FSOD and corruption didn't happen. Those suck.

dylcool
Jul 5, 2004, 04:00 PM
I've often thought a lot about the battle system. More like Ninja Gaiden would be pretty cool. The characters definitely need to be more agile, with the ability to dodge, roll, run, and maybe jump readily available. Also, it shouldn't be just attack, attack, attack, like someone said above. Combos would be nice, but not just timing combos. One thing that would be interesting is using an alternate analog, like the C-stick, to control weapon aiming, or maybe dodging.

About balancing, when me and my brother first picked our characters, he picked a HUmar, I picked a RAmar. For a while, I was about 10-15 levels higher than him, me about 105 and him 90 or 95. He was stronger than me with a gun. That shouldn't happen. Gun strength shoudl be based on ATA, or something.

I don't think I really agree with making there be a penalty for using weapons that aren't usually used by your class. One of the cool things about PSO is making different types of characters, so you could have a decent melee force, or my favorite, a jack-of-all trades ranger. They shouldn't take away that customization.

Aunt_Betty
Jul 5, 2004, 05:28 PM
A new weapon for the forces.

lordfenix
Jul 6, 2004, 05:20 PM
something following you around really would be good, and apartments in pioneer would be a very welcome adition, but just think how much worse pso could be but isnt

Blade21
Jul 6, 2004, 11:10 PM
FPS mode. Especially on Rangers, running and gunning boomas down, that would be all-time.

Outrider
Jul 7, 2004, 01:04 AM
On 2004-07-06 21:10, Blade21 wrote:
FPS mode. Especially on Rangers, running and gunning boomas down, that would be all-time.

I really wish that it didn't have to be explained everytime this topic comes up how bad an idea that is.

InfinityXXX
Jul 7, 2004, 01:21 AM
More levels and enemies.