PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Adapter Malfunction?

Mixfortune
Jun 27, 2004, 05:42 PM
Instead of getting a keyboard for the GC, I got an adapter which allows use of a PC keyboard.

This is the one I got: http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-24-70-29s-4-7.html

Now, when I try and use it, it works for a few minutes, then decides to screw over what I'm typing by continually entering a single letter, making some of my messages look like hellooooo.oooooooo. It then keeps entering "o" until I unplug the keyboard and replug it.

It wouldn't be as much of a problem if it occured every once in a while, but sometimes I can't even get 1 or 2 messages typed before it starts doing it again.

Note, it's not only with the "o" key, and pressing shift or similar alternative keys does not seem to be the cause either... is this more of a problem with the adapter, or the PC keyboard itself (the keyboard is a bit old, but I'm using it to type right now on here, and it works fine).

I could just constantly unplug it, but too much movement of my GC likes to disconnect me...

Thanks for your help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2004-06-27 15:43 ]</font>

zimmk2vgc
Jun 28, 2004, 06:01 AM
I sometimes have this problem with my Datel Keyboard. Sometimes i do and sometimes I dont. I think it must have something to do with that is is a PC keyboard. Has anyone tried an ACSII keyboard? Maybe they are better, but they're kind expensive, espiecially for a keryboard...

Rich_T
Jun 28, 2004, 11:38 AM
the ascii keyboard works perfectly, no lag or anything like that.
you have to remember that the ascii is also a controler as well as a keyboard.
the oly downside to it, is that the keys are somewhat smaller than a normal keyboard.

if you sop around for it, you should be able to find one for a reasonable price, i bought mine form a local independant import shop, i walked in and it was their sitting amongst the import hardware stuff.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2004-06-28 09:39 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Jun 28, 2004, 12:05 PM
Yes, I was thinking about getting one of those, but when I found out about the adapter I decided to try that instead, since my PC keyboard is right at where I connect using the Gamecube (since I have an AV switcher that uses my VGA monitor as the Gamecube screen).

I'd rather not have to buy another type of PSO keyboard so soon, so I was looking for a way to get this current adapter to function properly.

Zeroparagon
Aug 16, 2004, 01:43 PM
uhg, i have the same problem with my adapter that i just got about 30 minutes ago, i was so excited, and it sucks, every other letter i press acts like its held down until the message fills up =(

Getintothegame
Aug 16, 2004, 04:30 PM
I have the same one, too. I seem to have no problems, and I drilled a hole to keep it from lagging. Maybe yours is overheating?

Zeroparagon
Aug 18, 2004, 02:09 PM
On 2004-08-16 14:30, Getintothegame wrote:
I have the same one, too. I seem to have no problems, and I drilled a hole to keep it from lagging. Maybe yours is overheating?

I hope that is the case, im not sure though, because the PS2 controller part works fine =/

Arislan
Aug 18, 2004, 02:57 PM
Well, it would, it uses far less power to run, and wouldn't be as prone to messing up, as the data isn't polled as often, nor is as much data heading through the board. Try taking off the case or doing as Get said and drilling a hole, may very well be the problem.

Sharkyland
Aug 18, 2004, 04:00 PM
I only have three problems (I have GS Adapter: PS2, PC, and GC)

- Shift & Ctrl don't work together
- I usually get this error where I type a letter and it suddenly it appears again after the letter I typed like if I do 'typed' it might look like this: 'typepd'
- Sometimes it doesn't work, but it works again

Kadavreski
Aug 19, 2004, 03:59 AM
eh, i'm getting a datel one, yet they sound so bad, yet its the best you can get in england ;_;