PDA

View Full Version : What's the big deal?

Toxic
Jun 27, 2004, 11:30 PM
I just have a couple of questions about certain items. Is there something I am missing about the Supressed Gun, or is it just not that good? Same with the Maser Beam.

segadrm10
Jun 27, 2004, 11:36 PM
The maser beam is only good for enemy weak to lighting, i think is crap u shouldnt use it at all and it doesnt have any special. even if u have good percents it still sucks. and about the suppressed gun is a good gun but u should get a red handgun is better.

FattyMcGee
Jun 28, 2004, 03:50 AM
I have one, and as far as I can tell... it's just not that good.

I mean, it's better than a varista or bravace or something, but there are better

*cough* red handgun *cough*

--fatty

Toxic
Jun 29, 2004, 01:32 AM
That's exactly what I'm asking. There are obviously better weapons; what makes these any good at all?

digigram
Jun 29, 2004, 01:41 AM
handguns sort of suck alltogether... If anything, the supressed gun just looks and sounds good.

Dillon
Jun 29, 2004, 02:17 AM
Well, everyone needs a good handgun..unless you're a RA, then you have -far- more options.

Red Handgun is the best a Hunter can get, I believe, and I'm using one right now making Ult. Addicting Food runs..works quite well.

Much better than Supressed Gun.

Sharkyland
Jun 29, 2004, 03:17 AM
Maser Beam can be upgraded to Power Maser, forgot what though x_x It has gizonde but it doesn't combo. ;;

Butoden
Jun 29, 2004, 03:42 AM
Why would anyone use a Visk when they have a Justy?
Right?
Well, maybe the person hasn't found one yet, or didnt meet the requirements of equiping it yet. You could also ask:
"Why are there multiple rare handguns when only one is the best? Why not remove all the other rare handguns so you can only find the best rare handgun? People might not have found it yet, or can't find it with their Section ID! And sometimes these people like using other guns, or think they look cool! Such as the supressed gun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/eviltongue.gif

Sitka
Jun 29, 2004, 11:14 AM
I have found one absolutely perfect use for my Maser Beam.

I have a Ramarl.

Her name is Killer-Queen.

In conversation -

she spoke just like a baroness.

Dynamite with the gelatine.

Blow your mind with a MASER BEAM.

Killer-Queen will blow your mind - all the time.

Killer-Queen.

LoreSeeker
Jun 29, 2004, 12:30 PM
Suppressed Gun is very easy to get. It's just that simple. Red Handgun isn't necessarily hard (especially if I can find one with my bad luck), but it can involve some piping.

Maser Beam should not be used under any circumstances. Ever. Use a normal saber before that cursed gun, which actually goes so far as to make your character worse.

Depending on your HU's class, you can use a Holy Ray, which seems to work very well. Obviously, droids can't use that, but they should be just fine without it. Red Handgun does make a nice weapon for any HU though. Suppressed Gun is a matter of style -- like using a Double Cannon over a BKB.

Armok
Jun 29, 2004, 12:55 PM
Supress is really easy to get on certain ids and looks well cool. Red Handgun may be better but imo looks like a RED version of a normal handgun so is lame

RicoRoyal
Jun 29, 2004, 01:08 PM
On 2004-06-29 09:14, Sitka wrote:
I have found one absolutely perfect use for my Maser Beam.

I have a Ramarl.

Her name is Killer-Queen.

In conversation -

she spoke just like a baroness.

Dynamite with the gelatine.

Blow your mind with a MASER BEAM.

Killer-Queen will blow your mind - all the time.

Killer-Queen.

Good Sir, you are freaking awesome. Thouh hast officially rocked us. And I get what your trying to say too, style is a thing that is rarely ever accomplished in this game. I personally like my Supressed gun since it matches really well on my FOnewm, and he looks wickedly cool with it (cept he hardly ever uses it, but meh). It's all about looks here people.

Sitka
Jun 29, 2004, 01:25 PM
Why thank you Rico Royal.

Theme is everything (is anyone else curious as to why Ian has not 1, not 2 but 3, 3 fomars!).

Wait until I can get my little Irish Fonewm up to ultimate.

His name is Cu Chullain - the Irish Hero.

That leprechaun's on acid - watch out Gallagher - stand back Chappelle - you aint seen nothing yet!!!

KveerRaven
Jun 29, 2004, 09:29 PM
About 1000 slain Barbles or Bartles *can't remember which one gives it to him* and still no RED HANDGUN! I want that gun! I want a lot of things, but once I get that, and my TPGs, I'll be fine!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KveerRaven on 2004-06-29 20:41 ]</font>

KveerRaven
Jun 29, 2004, 10:43 PM
On 2004-06-29 11:25, Sitka wrote:
Why thank you Rico Royal.

Theme is everything (is anyone else curious as to why Ian has not 1, not 2 but 3, 3 fomars!).

Wait until I can get my little Irish Fonewm up to ultimate.

His name is Cu Chullain - the Irish Hero.

That leprechaun's on acid - watch out Gallagher - stand back Chappelle - you aint seen nothing yet!!!

True that! Its all about looks for me! One I get my Devil Wings, my TPGs, Twin Blaze, and that armor that puts fire around ya, my Demon Class Character will be set!

K4t4n4
Jun 29, 2004, 10:52 PM
True that! Its all about looks for me! One I get my Devil Wings, my TPGs, Twin Blaze, and that armor that puts fire around ya, my Demon Class Character will be set!
TPGs, what the Hell? Oh well I'm sure I'll remeber later. Still very nice idea. Although it would look best with one of the black/red HUcasts, even though they cannot wear Devil Wings.

KveerRaven
Jun 29, 2004, 11:05 PM
On 2004-06-29 20:52, K4t4n4 wrote:

TPGs, what the Hell? Oh well I'm sure I'll remeber later. Still very nice idea. Although it would look best with one of the black/red HUcasts, even though they cannot wear Devil Wings.

Sorry, TPGs, is Twin Psychoguns for short. And yeah, they would be. So far I've got the HUmar face with the scared eye going, a very pale complextion, blue-black hair, and the most purple costume. He looks really sinister!

Shintaro04
Jun 29, 2004, 11:12 PM
Supressed Gun looks better than Red Handgun, (IMO) and Supressed Gun's sound effect is better than Red Handgun.(make you looks like a professional killer http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )
But Red Handgun is more powerful than Supressed Gun, and Red Handgun needs higher requirement than Supressed Gun.

KveerRaven
Jun 29, 2004, 11:26 PM
On 2004-06-29 21:12, Shintaro04 wrote:
Supressed Gun looks better than Red Handgun, (IMO) and Supressed Gun's sound effect is better than Red Handgun.(make you looks like a professional killer http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif )
But Red Handgun is more powerful than Supressed Gun, and Red Handgun needs higher requirement than Supressed Gun.

Yeah, I agree with ya there. I want the Red Handgun simply because of its ATP, but when it comes to looks, (and kiddies, it ALWAYS comes down to looks!) the Suppressed Gun is the way to go! Now if ALL characters held a handgun the way a female Ranger holds it, then you would be set!

K4t4n4
Jun 30, 2004, 11:15 PM
Sorry, TPGs, is Twin Psychoguns for short. And yeah, they would be. So far I've got the HUmar face with the scared eye going, a very pale complextion, blue-black hair, and the most purple costume. He looks really sinister
Still Black/Red HUcasts with the normal heads and red eyes. Evil .... so Evil.

KveerRaven
Jun 30, 2004, 11:24 PM
On 2004-06-30 21:15, K4t4n4 wrote:

Sorry, TPGs, is Twin Psychoguns for short. And yeah, they would be. So far I've got the HUmar face with the scared eye going, a very pale complextion, blue-black hair, and the most purple costume. He looks really sinister
Still Black/Red HUcasts with the normal heads and red eyes. Evil .... so Evil.

Yeah, but then again, there's a reason why you don't hear of any Demon type androids http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif hence why I my character is a HUmar