PDA

View Full Version : GC: has anyone had as bad a time as me?

jnblz316
Jun 28, 2004, 03:31 AM
i did 12 forest fo sorrow runs and pipped 185 pipes in a room of 3 hildebears and still no hildeblue. all i want is my cure/shock. i found 10 custom barriers,a photon claw,2 p.drops,2 bommas right arms,and some resisit/items. this really fustrating me. i want to get to ultimate but i wont go until i get my cure shock. anyone in worse shape than me?

Firocket1690
Jun 28, 2004, 03:34 AM
On 2004-06-28 01:31, jnblz316 wrote:
i did 12 forest fo sorrow runs and pipped 185 pipes

185 pipes is nothing

Expect one every three hours or so .. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

jnblz316
Jun 28, 2004, 03:36 AM
this sucks!i've been playing pso since its gc release and i have yet find a hildeblue. i found every other rare monster but the hildeblue seems to elude me.

FattyMcGee
Jun 28, 2004, 03:37 AM
i did 12 forest fo sorrow runs and pipped 185 pipes in a room of 3 hildebears and still no hildeblue. all i want is my cure/shock. i found 10 custom barriers,a photon claw,2 p.drops,2 bommas right arms,and some resisit/items. this really fustrating me. i want to get to ultimate but i wont go until i get my cure shock. anyone in worse shape than me?

yes.

We've had it much worse.

--fatty

Blue-Hawk
Jun 28, 2004, 08:16 AM

Try doing endless FoS runs in ultimate looking for a God/Battle and seeing absolutly NO Hildetorrs. >_<

Primrose
Jun 28, 2004, 08:39 AM
Cure/Shock?! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I piped for 13 Hildeblues and have never found one.
And its supposed to be a 87.5% drop.

I ended up trading for it.

MrHanky
Jun 28, 2004, 09:02 AM
I tried looking for a Pal Rappy for around 3 hours, never found one. I don't beleive in the pipe trick, it's evil, and a waste of time. I say just play through forrest of sorrows so you get exp and stuff also...

TheStalker
Jun 28, 2004, 10:04 AM
I have found my Cure Shock on an Hildeblue whithout pipe. But for God Arm on Skyly (I have found 6 of that), 15 to 30 minutes of pipe are generally necessary to meet an Hildeblue.

Akulamenuri
Jun 28, 2004, 11:02 AM
Hildeblues seem to like me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

V. Hard Skyly, 6 Hildeblues = 6 God/Arms

Ultimate Viridia, 2 Hildetorrs = 1 Red Saber

As a matter of fact, im on my Redria character right now piping for Cure/Shock. The Zibbons in Ult Ver 2 made me do it http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akulamenuri on 2004-06-28 09:03 ]</font>

jspacemunkey
Jun 28, 2004, 11:13 AM
the important thing with piping is not to give up. like akulamenuri i've had excellent luck with hildeblues. i picked up five or six god/arms from skyly v. hard hildeblues with little trouble. i got my cure/shock on the first try as well (it shouldn't take more than two pipes). 185 pipes may not be enough. i sometimes use twice that number of pipes before i come across a rare enemy. just be patient and keep plugging away at it. you'll get what you want eventually.

EDIT: two more things. first, a couple people mentioned piping for three hours before seeing a rare enemy. i pipe a lot and i've never had a rare enemy take more than an hour and a half to show up. i wouldn't be surprised to see one take three or more hours, but it's generally faster than that so don't let time deter you. second, if you're piping in forest of sorrows you can get four hildebears to show up in the final room. the one additional hilde makes a difference, believe me. check here (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=723) for info on getting the fourth hilde to appear. scroll down until you see the heading "telepipe trick: forest of sorrow for hildeblue or hildetorr."

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2004-06-28 09:24 ]</font>

Akulamenuri
Jun 28, 2004, 11:20 AM
SUCCESS!!! After about 30 minutes of piping I now have my Cure/Shock http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif. Like jspacemunkey said, "Just be patient"

jnblz316
Jun 28, 2004, 12:58 PM
Try doing endless FoS runs in ultimate looking for a God/Battle and seeing absolutly NO Hildetorrs. >_<

when i played on xbox i did 35 FOS runs till i got my god/battle and havn't not one hildetorrs. so that i had to deal with too. as for the other post i'll try to keep at it but my patience is wearing thin.

jnblz316
Jun 28, 2004, 02:50 PM
I FINALLY GOT MY CURE/SHOCK!!! i was piping in the room with 4 hildebears. i was only go to pipe for untill my tp ran out and on my last pipe BAM! there it was. the hildeblue that eluded me since day one.
thank for all the support and tips everyone.

jspacemunkey
Jun 28, 2004, 03:13 PM
excellent! glad you chose to stick with it. piping is never fun, but finally getting that rare enemy and the red box you so desperately desire is. enjoy your cure/shock.

jnblz316
Jun 28, 2004, 05:53 PM
thanks jspacemunkey. now im gonna go for my cure/freeze,magic rock moola & spiritual armor (to make aura field),devil/battle,&some other stuff i can't remember.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jnblz316 on 2004-06-28 15:54 ]</font>

KaFKa
Jun 28, 2004, 06:40 PM
hey imposter!

i've piped before, and my worst was 50 mils for a damn demo comet (yeah, you heard it right, 50 of them megid-spitting bastards) i was avearging about 2 mils per hour of piping (which took a week almost)

jspacemunkey
Jun 28, 2004, 07:04 PM
i hope that comment was meant in jest.

as for 50 mils for a demo comet, i am surprised. you're the second person in this thread to mention such a strange occurrence with a 1/2 drop rare enemy. have any other people had similar problems? it kind of freaks me out to think that i could encounter the same issue. considering that i have a slew of items left to pipe it ain't a pleasant thought.

Akulamenuri
Jun 28, 2004, 07:27 PM
Let me ask you something jnblz316, did the Hildeblue you saw in the room with 4 Hildebears come from the sky, or was it already on the ground when you piped down. Im asking because all the times ive got hildeblue/torrs the ones that feel from the sky always turned out being rare, so im thinking that the only monster that reset are the ones that come from the sky.

Thanks in the advance for the info.

jspacemunkey
Jun 28, 2004, 07:47 PM
muahaha... this is my area of expertise. well, not really, but i've piped in the four 'torr room a ridiculous number of times now. all four hildelts/hildebears can respawn rare, both those on the ground and those that drop from the sky.

jnblz316
Jun 28, 2004, 08:11 PM
Let me ask you something jnblz316, did the Hildeblue you saw in the room with 4 Hildebears come from the sky, or was it already on the ground when you piped down. Im asking because all the times ive got hildeblue/torrs the ones that feel from the sky always turned out being rare, so im thinking that the only monster that reset are the ones that come from the sky.

Thanks in the advance for the info.

i can't remember if it was the one that dropped from the sky. i was too excited to notice lol. but the ones that are on the ground supposedly drop down right before you hit the forest via telepipe. i heard that from soneone a long time ago.

Fyrin
Jun 28, 2004, 08:51 PM
Piping for rares is sooo boring, but hey, if you get what you are searching for what else matters.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jun 28, 2004, 09:45 PM
On 2004-06-28 16:40, KaFKa wrote:
hey imposter!

i've piped before, and my worst was 50 mils for a damn demo comet (yeah, you heard it right, 50 of them megid-spitting bastards) i was avearging about 2 mils per hour of piping (which took a week almost)

Are you freaking serious!!??!!?? 50 mils for your demo comet!!??!!?? Thats insane!! Thats the worst luck ive ever heard of. Im 4 outa 7 for demo comets so far. I hope I am not unforunate enough to have that kind of luck ever. Sorry about that man. That must of sucked.

Shintaro04
Jun 29, 2004, 12:17 AM
On 2004-06-28 15:53, jnblz316 wrote:
thanks jspacemunkey. now im gonna go for my cure/freeze,magic rock moola & spiritual armor (to make aura field),devil/battle,&some other stuff i can't remember.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jnblz316 on 2004-06-28 15:54 ]</font>

Its Spirit Garment. And you can't pipe anything to get it.
However, doing runs will give some Exp. and also some other rares, which is not bad.
Good Luck.

jnblz316
Jun 29, 2004, 06:16 AM
Its Spirit Garment. And you can't pipe anything to get it.
However, doing runs will give some Exp. and also some other rares, which is not bad.
Good Luck.

oh my bad on the spirit garment.i know you cant pipe anything for it. i'm glad i dont have to pipe for it. frankly, i hate piping but i'll do it if i really want a rare bad enough. thanks for good luck man. i'm gonna need it.

lain2k3
Jun 29, 2004, 01:53 PM
while my piping luck has not gone as low as kafkas, my actual runs looking for items are pretty much worse than anyone else I have ever seen.

And as far as hildeblues, I have never seen one. This includes over 30 hours of piping 4 hildebears in skyly VH FoS. not one single hildeblue.

TheOneHero
Jun 29, 2004, 07:56 PM
I did FoS with my RAmarl in ult hoping to get that frozen shooter i must desperatly desired, i didn't know you could get 4 hildes in the same room *until i went through all the guides* so i piped with 2 hildes for 2 hours, finally that torr came and i killed him *evil laughter* and he dropped....

19863 mesesta *not exact but cloce* so i got pissed and grabbed the cash and saved, after playing a few hours the next day online with some friends i decide to go and get the frozen shooter. whoop out FoS get the 4 torrs and pipe within the time it took for my friends to beat the remainder of Centrol Control area and the Gryphon i had found my frozen shooter on my second torr ever for that character. *no hit though* bah. piping sucks, but it works so it is my friend.

*hugs telepipe* well thats my story, so i cant really say ive had as bad experience as you...o well.

KAMIKAZI
Jun 30, 2004, 01:04 AM
Wow you guys have alot of time geeeeezzzzzzzzzzz i give up after like 40 pipes i dont find it rewarding cause once i piped some rappies in ult the damn pal rappy after like 50 pipes drop F'ING MESETA <I DONT NEED IT!!!> GOD DAMN RAPPIES!!! so usless is 1875 meseta... But i eventually got a guard wave on my second try only took me 1 pipe but i might try like 100's of pipes to get stuff next time...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KAMIKAZI on 2004-06-30 09:59 ]</font>

SubstanceD
Jul 1, 2004, 03:20 PM
I have been playing PSO since it came out on the Dreamcast and I have been playing Episodes 1&2 ever since it came out in Europe and I have only seen 1 Hildablue in my entire life. For some reason rare enemies don't like me, I have never seen a Red Slime and I have never seen a Love Rappy.

Then again I should not complain too much I was fortunate enough to get a Frozen Shooter from my first ( and only ) Hildertor, I was even more fortunate to beat him since I was not expecting to ever see a Hildertor in my life time ( and as such I was ill-equipped ). Unfortunatly it's all dumb luck finding Rare enemies and Rare items. That's one of the many reasons why I went off this game.

doubletake123
Jul 1, 2004, 03:38 PM
good luck at finding all those.

Katanahunter
Jul 2, 2004, 07:32 PM
On 2004-06-28 15:53, jnblz316 wrote:

i guess i am pretty lucky...I walked into a room in caves and found 2!!!! Mil lilys.

PaleKid15
Jul 2, 2004, 07:57 PM
OK, that's it. I can't take it anymore. People need to stop saying things like this:

tried looking for a Pal Rappy for around 3 hours, never found one. I don't beleive in the pipe trick, it's evil, and a waste of time.

It's not a matter of "believing", piping works. End of story. On top of that, it's not a "waste of time", because unless you are a retard, that doesn't know anything about probability, you will realize that piping will produce more rare enemies, in less time (on average). And it is not "evil". The pipe trick has helped the vast majority of pso players get many very good items. The only reasonable argument against the piping tick is "it gives no experience". Which is true. But that is why you compromise.You can do runs for exp and rare enemy hunting, and whenever you see a monster that you are looking for the rare version of, you do a set number of pipes (determined by you). Like 10 or so. then, if you see no rare enemies, you kill the enemies and continue your run. Whenever you see a hildebear for example, pipe a little, then move on. Another, less reasonable reason hate piping is "It's boring," and "too repetitive". I find doing endless runs more boring and repetitive. When I'm piping, all i have to look for is a color change, which does not command my full attention. So, I can play GBA and listen to the radio or read a magazine, or something along those lines. That eliminates the boredom and repetitiveness. This is a little more difficult when doing runs.

When you get down to it, piping is the most efficient way to find rare enemies. But the compromise i suggested (many times before this too) gives you exp, and increases the chances of seeing rare enemies.

toosmart4U9078
Jul 4, 2004, 02:27 AM
i think i win, i've never seen a pouilly slime i must have piped at least 20 hours trying to get one, and i've done i don't know how many soul of a blacksmith runs. but here's what takes the cake, greenil id, pal rappy, 1/2 chance to drop a guard wave, i have killed over 70 of them, 0 guard waves, its so horrible i wish i was making this up...it was actually because of that, that i quit pso for 6 months, lol....

FattyMcGee
Jul 4, 2004, 03:03 AM
On 2004-07-04 00:27, toosmart4U9078 wrote:
i think i win, i've never seen a pouilly slime i must have piped at least 20 hours trying to get one, and i've done i don't know how many soul of a blacksmith runs. but here's what takes the cake, greenil id, pal rappy, 1/2 chance to drop a guard wave, i have killed over 70 of them, 0 guard waves, its so horrible i wish i was making this up...it was actually because of that, that i quit pso for 6 months, lol....

over 70 rappies...

stop the contest. This guy won. Hey, at least you're lucky at winning the unluckiest PSO player contest! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

--fatty

Gjl
Jul 4, 2004, 03:43 AM
Well you could consider piping a waste of time if you don't find what you're looking for, but only until you do.

PaleKid15
Jul 5, 2004, 03:00 PM
On 2004-07-04 00:27, toosmart4U9078 wrote:

You are either lying, lying and don't realize it, exxagerating ALOT, or using a hacked mag on pso+. If none of those are right, then congrats, you could have won the lottery a few times with those odds.

Madden
Jul 9, 2004, 02:38 PM
I used to have hard times for dreamcast, I didn't get to the dragon! whn i got ep 1&2 i beat the game twice

DragonFang
Jul 9, 2004, 03:52 PM
Madden, what does that have to do with piping?...

Anyway, I've had fairly good luck piping in PSO. All rare enemies that I have encountered (that drop god units) have dropped them and I have only been ripped off of the 1/2 drop rate for the other rare enemies 3-4 times. I've gotten 2 demo comets out of 3 mils with my Bluefull (KafKa, I would have given up after 5 mils with no comet can't believe you actually piped that long for a comet). My best piped rare being the Frozen Shooter I found with 15/25/35/0. Unfortunately I lost it a couple months later due to corruption.

Butoden
Jul 9, 2004, 03:56 PM
Today I piped two Mil Lilies and one of them gave me Sange which I tekked to 0/0/20/15/20. Must be best rare I telepiped for since ...ever actually http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

Madden
Jul 9, 2004, 04:02 PM
i dont know what i had to do with "piping'(whatever its called)

SJ
Jul 9, 2004, 04:39 PM

You fool, you know not the meaning of bad luck...

Madden
Aug 4, 2004, 05:34 PM
hUh?
- -
edit: ok, mr. newbie, a note for ya..
don't revive a topic that sinks past the 2nd page.. specially for a silly 1-word reply like this

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2004-08-04 17:23 ]</font>

Tycho
Aug 4, 2004, 05:39 PM
Nice one, good luck.
I was considering to get a Cure/Shock for piping Hildelts, but I reconsidered and didn't. The torrs can be annoying, but it took me 225 or so pipes at most to find one, 4-Hilde room.
It's not all that bad. Especially now you got your red box. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

darthsaber9x9
Aug 4, 2004, 05:48 PM
On 2004-08-04 15:34, Madden wrote:
hUh?

DO NOT EVER BUMP OLD TOPICS ESPECIALLY WITH SUCH A SHITTY, WORTHLESS RESPONSE AS THIS ONE!!

im getting tired of n00bs lately

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_bash.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_argh.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_chuck-ball.gif

RicoRoyal
Aug 4, 2004, 06:22 PM
Holy hell, Madden. Words escape me right now... I'll let the trout do all the talking...

Me---> http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wet-trout.gif <---you

EDIT: what a silly error on my part... I hope no one got the wrong idea....http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif. thanks 9x9

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2004-08-04 16:37 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Aug 4, 2004, 06:26 PM
On 2004-08-04 16:22, RicoRoyal wrote:
Holy hell, Madden. Words escape me right now... I'll do let http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif the trout do all the talking...

Me---> http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wet-trout.gif <---you