PDA

View Full Version : Dark Falz

InfernoNR7
Jun 28, 2004, 02:12 PM
Howdy, well, I have another question about a boss............ BTW, the guides are great, but I just want other people's opinions/strategies.

So, I'm about to fight Falzy. Again, I'm a Ranger, I have Autogun+50, Master Sniper, Shot+2, and a couple other things. I have 4 slots in my armor, but the armor ain't that great... Do you guys have any strategies?

Thanks in advance,
Inferno

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-06-28 12:13 ]</font>

Eanae
Jun 28, 2004, 02:15 PM
Equip some resist lights and resist ices. Watch out for his heavans punisher attack, and heal constantly. Ignore his little minions if possible, but if they start to build up, take some out. His first form should fall quickly, and the second form may offer some trouble, but overall should go down easily.

InfernoNR7
Jun 28, 2004, 02:19 PM
Thanks, I'll go try to beat 'em after I grab some resists.

Sitka
Jun 28, 2004, 02:21 PM
You didn't mention what level you were at: N, H, VH, Ult? Strategy varies greatly depending on what level you are at.

Also, what kind of Ranger: Racast, Ramar, Ramarl, Racaseal - again, strategies can vary.

IMHO, if you have 4-slot frame, make sure your HP is high enough to survive most, if not all, Falz attacks. Key for me are surviving Heaven's Punisher and Slash. In normal, HP above 150, 300 for hard, 450 for VH and 600 for ult is what I think I make sure I have to survive. Or, you can, as one of the guide suggests, bring scape dolls.

If you're boosting HP's, look for and save/equip Dragon HP. Use HP mats. Level up. Do what you can to get your HP above those benchmarks. I prefer to do that than equip Resist Saints or Resist Holys for just one attack (Grants). But, that's just me.

If you can hit with your rifle, I'd go with that weapon, particularly for the 4th stage (H, VH, Ult). The range is great when Falz is across the ring. The shot might be okay for the darvants, but I prefer to juke and jive and use a ranged weapon.

If you are using a Ramarl or a Ramar, you may find higher level techs (20/15) might help against Falz, particularly against his final form. If using magic, remember gi- or ra-barta on darvants, zonde or gizonde on Falz 2nd stage, barta or rabarta on third stage and foie, foie, foie and some more foie on the final stage.

If no magic, just keep plunking away with your pop-gun until he dies and use the guides for other ideas.

That's just what I do - hope it helps.

InfernoNR7
Jun 28, 2004, 02:28 PM
Wow, I got to his second form, he launched that Ice attack, and I died, instantly.
I'm on Normal. 168HP. Ranger human male. ummmm, I have a coupe scape dolls left......

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-06-28 12:30 ]</font>

Siris
Jun 28, 2004, 04:09 PM
God/HP and a Twins mag blast.

Linear88s
Jun 28, 2004, 04:20 PM
Um, he is in normal, i dont think he can come a cross a Godd/HP. Get some Freeze/Resists from the armor clerk to help with the freeze thing. When you get frozen, move the control stick left and right fast, so u can get out. f you are frozen he can hit you in the next second, and you will be completely vulnerable. Use a strong weapon, get close to him so he cant really see you. Dont stand too still in the middle of the feild. And when he is about to use that rain of doom, run away from him to his right(his right, not urs). This will make dodging easier.

Solstis
Jun 28, 2004, 04:24 PM
On 2004-06-28 14:09, Siris wrote:
God/HP and a Twins mag blast.

Not to mention that s/d woild do nothing as far as the ice attack is concerned, but it couldn't hurt either, I guess.

InfernoNR7
Jun 28, 2004, 04:40 PM
Well, about 10 minutes after I said I died, I beat him, used 1 Scape doll. He was................. easier, once I figured it out. Man, Hard difficulty not only starts you over quest wise, but makes your feel like you've started over.

Siris
Jun 28, 2004, 04:43 PM
On 2004-06-28 14:20, Linear88s wrote:
Um, he is in normal, i dont think he can come a cross a Godd/HP. Get some Freeze/Resists from the armor clerk to help with the freeze thing. When you get frozen, move the control stick left and right fast, so u can get out. f you are frozen he can hit you in the next second, and you will be completely vulnerable. Use a strong weapon, get close to him so he cant really see you. Dont stand too still in the middle of the feild. And when he is about to use that rain of doom, run away from him to his right(his right, not urs). This will make dodging easier.

Ok didn't know. I never assume anyone is legit anymore.

InfernoNR7
Jun 28, 2004, 04:50 PM
On 2004-06-28 14:43, Siris wrote:
Ok didn't know. I never assume anyone is legit anymore.

I'm almost legit, my bro duped a bunch of Digrinders, and added them to my Autogun+11, so I was using an Autogun+50.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-06-28 14:51 ]</font>

Swan
Jun 28, 2004, 07:06 PM
when I first beat falz, I dropped all my stuff except for my best weapon (at the time, a +5 railgun)
and a few difluids. all you really have to do is do as much damedge in as little time as possible. more like a hit and run tactic. that works, too.

Romin
Jun 29, 2004, 09:19 PM
ummm i just beat dark falz or somethin on vhard he was hard in his last part how do u always get hit by that light move... how do u dupe on phantasy star?

Eanae
Jun 29, 2004, 09:21 PM
On 2004-06-29 19:19, Romin wrote:
ummm i just beat dark falz or somethin on vhard he was hard in his last part how do u always get hit by that light move... how do u dupe on phantasy star?

READ THE RULES!!! No asking how to cheat on the psow forums! Sheesh... So i'd edit that asap before a mod does something about it.

InfernoNR7
Jun 29, 2004, 11:42 PM
On 2004-06-29 19:19, Romin wrote:

Search on Hayoo (lol, get it, hayoo, (*cough yahoo cough*)) There's a GREAT site that explains the process, but you didn't hear it from me.