PDA

View Full Version : About GC online players

Jonass
Jun 28, 2004, 08:42 PM
I am about to buy a modem for GC so i can play my PSO game online.. i just wondered about how many players played PSO on the GC version. I dont want to come and be alone http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif oh and i want to know if XboX players, PS2 players, PC and GC players are mixed up or seperated in consoles?

Innervision
Jun 28, 2004, 08:53 PM
All the players of the different PSOs are seperated, meaning GC players only play withother GC players, etc. It would be kinda cool if they mixed servers, but that wouldn't work due to XBox's mic capabilities, etc. Also, PS2 doesn't have a PSO game, so you definitely wouldn't see any players from PS2 even if the servers did mix, lol (if you do see any, be scared http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif lol). I don't play online anymore, tho, so I can't tell you how many people play online right now...
Good luck getting online! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif You'll have fun on PSO. I know I did when I played. It sucks playing offline completely...

Vielka
Jun 28, 2004, 09:42 PM
On 2004-06-28 18:53, Innervision wrote:
All the players of the different PSOs are seperated, meaning GC players only play withother GC players, etc. It would be kinda cool if they mixed servers, but that wouldn't work due to XBox's mic capabilities, etc. Also, PS2 doesn't have a PSO game, so you definitely wouldn't see any players from PS2 even if the servers did mix, lol (if you do see any, be scared http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif lol). I don't play online anymore, tho, so I can't tell you how many people play online right now...
Good luck getting online! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif You'll have fun on PSO. I know I did when I played. It sucks playing offline completely...

ive done all my 400 hrs offline.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and i bet i can hang with some of the best. Be proud to be on of the hardcore offline PSOER's

Fyrin
Jun 28, 2004, 09:47 PM
Offline pso is easier to get the rares you desire. Thats Cool.

RicoRoyal
Jun 28, 2004, 09:58 PM
On 2004-06-28 19:47, Fyrin wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? I care more about my soon to be 4 god/ability units than I ever will about a psycho wand/lavis/agito/whatever. Have you ever even been online? I'd like to see you get the god/ability units (all four of 'em) without the aid of the East Tower quest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2004-06-28 19:59 ]</font>

LoreSeeker
Jun 28, 2004, 10:26 PM
In PSOGC, there are usually about 300-500 people on the US servers depending on the time of day. Vega 1 and 2 are usually full with 100 people, but they're mostly non-legit. If you're looking for a good, legit time, head over to Deneb 9. There aren't as many people there, but they're usually legit.

The JP servers have a ton of players on one or two ships, out of the 20 ships they have. Don't go there though, they hate us, and you'll lag. I've FSODed more times over there...

The EU servers are empty. It's like Altair on the US servers, but, uh, it makes up an entire continent. There's maybe 50 people on there at any given time. Most of them come over to the US so there's someone to play with.

I have no idea what's going on with PSOX, but I'd imagine that the spam gets pretty bad over there, what with voice chat and all.

Enjoy your stay if you get online. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

shifter
Jun 28, 2004, 10:26 PM
On 2004-06-28 19:58, RicoRoyal wrote:

What the hell are you talking about? I care more about my soon to be 4 god/ability units than I ever will about a psycho wand/lavis/agito/whatever. Have you ever even been online? I'd like to see you get the god/ability units (all four of 'em) without the aid of the East Tower quest.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2004-06-28 19:59 ]</font>

your also leaving out the people who swipe the stuff that you spent so many hours looking for.

but im not trying to discourage you from going online, its a hell of lot more fun then playing with four friends at home(esspecially cause you get a full screen) and its very easy to meet good players. though you might be disappionted at the amount of people who are online, when i was last there, may, antares was nearly empty and most of vega still had little fktards running aroung with hacked and duped stuff. but its easy to avoid people like that, just look for or make a game that says 'legit' on it and youll do fine. enjoy.

Kuea
Jun 29, 2004, 02:35 AM
On 2004-06-28 19:58, RicoRoyal wrote:

I got all mine offline

I have 10

7 up for trades

if you get online I would be happy to play with you

and no worry about there being no one on GC

there is usually plenty

trypticon
Jun 29, 2004, 02:42 AM
There are some nice people online on the gamecube version, too. Then again, there are some real assholes online on the gamecube version. Just watch the forums for good advice of people to avoid, and you'll be fine. The people I play with are always looking for new company to have around, so don't be a stranger to them. I'm sure a lot of the people at the forums here wouldn't mind meeting up with you online if you send them a private message.

SLON
Jun 29, 2004, 06:57 AM
You only need to find 3 others to play with, so forget the idiots and get on-line!!!

Klaus88
Jun 29, 2004, 11:36 AM
Offline is a fvcking snore..ZzzZzZZZzZZZzz

It's better to play with other people because it never gets old.

Jonass
Jun 29, 2004, 04:19 PM
Thanks everyone.. and there was another thing i couldnt be sure about, is how much it costs per month to play PSO online, i havent found much info on it..

trypticon
Jun 29, 2004, 04:40 PM
In the US it is $8.95 per month. The first month is free, allowing you the chance to see if you like it enough to stick with it. It's not a bad price for a full month of entertainment, in my view.

Jonass
Jun 29, 2004, 09:50 PM
Seems more and more interesting as i see it, hope to see you all online when ill be there this summer ^_^

lain2k3
Jun 30, 2004, 12:53 AM
God/ability sucks.

Offline is only better for hunting rare monsters, rappies, and hildets.

And deneb is slowly brcoming an extension of vega, as was antares. I will be waiting for a similar block-clearing holocaust of deneb 9.

Jack
Jun 30, 2004, 05:44 AM

Have fun finding a Flame Garment!

Mazinger-X
Jun 30, 2004, 08:54 PM
I'm suprised Online PSO hasn't died now that FFXI is out. I play that and see ALOT of people who played PSO playing that, I see names from Ep.3 in there now. o__O

Alastor
Jul 1, 2004, 06:14 PM
On 2004-06-28 19:42, Vielka wrote:

ive done all my 400 hrs offline.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif and i bet i can hang with some of the best. Be proud to be on of the hardcore offline PSOER's

I'm all offline also and it can get boring but I do not have to deal with dupers, FSOD's, and all that other stuff that comes with online play. Playing all offline is not that bad but then again I've been all offline since PSO V2 hit the US.

Jonass
Jul 1, 2004, 08:14 PM
THIS WAS A TOPIC FOR INFO ON GC ONLINE QUSTIONS. NOW THAT ALL MY QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN ASWERED, THE MODERATORS SHOULD DELTE THIS POST DUE TO MAJOR SPAM ABOUT ONLINE/OFFLINE. PLZ DO NOT ANSWER IN THIS TOPIC ANYMORE, CREATE ANOTHER ONE.

Thank you for understanding

Lion
Jul 1, 2004, 09:21 PM
Ehh, I'd say on weekdays like 100-200 or so. There are plently of people to play with. On Weekends Like 400+ though. It's summer, so there are more players. Keep in mind time zones and things. And there are also tons of new characters, so don't worry, you won't be too far behind (I'm sure you've played offline though, I think.). But yeah, most people are pretty nice, but you know, just like real life, there are the spammers and annoying people. Well, online is so much more fun and engaging than offline, so have fun, and if your character is in 20-30 level range, I'd be glad to play with my new FOmar with you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif Have fun!