PDA

View Full Version : GC: Tekking weapons question.

jnblz316
Jun 29, 2004, 06:19 AM
i know that you can tekk a weapon past the percent you found on them. like tekking a havoc handgun with 15% hit to 20% hit. now my question is:
whats the highest you can tekk a weapon?
thanks

Dhylec
Jun 29, 2004, 06:29 AM
you can see guide for details
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=83

jnblz316
Jun 29, 2004, 03:47 PM
wow thanks i didn't think they had a guide for tekking special weapons. well that was very helpfull thenks for the link.

Sitka
Jun 29, 2004, 04:02 PM
Just a couple of thoughts on tekking.

You can always tek a weapon with %'s up to 10% beyond the original listed % - just be patient and keep refusing until you get what you want.

You can also upgrade the special on many of the better weapons, i.e. you can tek a weapon to blizzard or tempest from a lower level - again show patience - this applies to higher level weapons such as those found in ultimate.

The best weapons to spend time tekking are weapons with high % on hit. IMHO, it's a waste of time to tek a lower level weapon like a burning gungir to get 50% on dark when it has no hit. You'll go through a lot of meseta tekking a weapon you're going to abandon or not use at all. True, you can sell the weapon for more meseta, but you might give up too much meseta to make up the difference. Tek it once and then sell it.

Sometimes the best weapons you can find will be those that you can buy in the store such as Charge Vulcans or Charge Arms with 50% on hit or 50% hit magical weapons or handguns that can be combined with items to make rare weapons. Later, with a bunch on collected photon drops, you can take those 50% hit Charge Vulcans and add percents on Gallon's Shop Quest to make a really fine, useful weapon.

Hope that helps you out mate.