PDA

View Full Version : Serial Number Conflict on GC PSO

Rhein917
Jun 5, 2002, 02:02 AM
Is it possible to get US and JP PSO Ep. I & II for a modded GC and run both or would the serial numbers conflict?

QueenBee
Jun 5, 2002, 02:09 AM
Im curious, if u had both versions, why would u want 2 use both???

inferno10
Jun 5, 2002, 03:07 AM
I'm not familiar with the method the game uses to save serial numbers. If it was the same method used by the Dreamcast, then no, you would not be able to use both the US and EU version GC PSO at the same time technically. You would have to flash the memory from the GC in order to re-enter the correct serial number.

StratusFear
Jun 5, 2002, 12:39 PM
This brings an interesting question...does anyone know if the GC has an internal Flash/ROM/EEPROM/etc. like the DC does for serial# storage and stuff?

Rhein917
Jun 5, 2002, 03:10 PM
Well, I'm concerned with getting online with the JP version. Is it hard at all? How do you get online, like what service? Any service that you have or do you have to order a service to get online?

Mindshare
Jun 5, 2002, 05:16 PM
In the trial version you use your standard ISP. There is what appears to be an advert for a Japanese ISP in the manual, but I think it's optional.

M.

Rhein917
Jun 5, 2002, 08:29 PM
Nice, I can use my Earthlink account. Thx alot.

BrokenHope
Jun 6, 2002, 05:57 AM
On 2002-06-05 10:39, StratusFear wrote:
This brings an interesting question...does anyone know if the GC has an internal Flash/ROM/EEPROM/etc. like the DC does for serial# storage and stuff?

Yeah it does cos it saves dashboard settings including clock even after a poweroff.

StratusFear
Jun 6, 2002, 11:50 PM
On 2002-06-06 03:57, LuvSlave wrote:

On 2002-06-05 10:39, StratusFear wrote:

Yeah it does cos it saves dashboard settings including clock even after a poweroff.

Well, I mean for that yeah, but is it accessible to developers like the DC one was? The PS2 has the same deal going with saving system settings, but I haven't seen a developer have the ability to save stuff in it thus far...