PDA

View Full Version : Woohoohoo..fucking idiots.

Uncle_bob
Jun 29, 2004, 05:34 PM
Dino's review:

You've all heard about the new quest..right? Yes, you have.

RESPECTIVE TOMORROW. ENGRISH GET 300!

Ok, but hey, it's a EP2 version of TTF, it'll be good right? No.

From what I hear, a lot of it is just pieces of Ep2 c-mode. What the fuck? ST you're so lazy!

Oh well, it still can't be all that bad, right? Oh wait, it can! Seaside is a trap hell, and as if that weren't enough, there are even MORE Gees than normal! Yay!

But hey, we made it to SEABED YAY!
Hm, this is pretty easy! Oh yay, it's time to fight Olga Flow! I can't wait for the EXP! Huh? Oh, ST decided to fuck us in the ass again! We get warped out of the boss battle before we can get EXP, teehee how cute! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Oh, Nol has some advice? Ok...secret near the end..need good rank..okie! I'll just head on back to Seabed again to find it! *warps* What's this? Oh, VES is under maint...FSCK!

Here's to you, ST!

http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/UncleBob/Suck_it__.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2004-06-29 15:36 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2004-06-29 15:37 ]</font>

Ness
Jun 29, 2004, 06:09 PM
Who's the idiot? Dino or Sonic Team. This is the most obscure rant you've ever made.

My guess is Dino.

KaFKa
Jun 29, 2004, 06:10 PM
there was a plural on the idiots, so my guess is both...

Ness
Jun 29, 2004, 06:15 PM
On 2004-06-29 16:10, KaFKa wrote:
there was a plural on the idiots, so my guess is both...

I overlooked the "s" so I'm guessing it's Sonic Team.

DruidMettool
Jun 29, 2004, 06:35 PM
Ness, don't tell me you actually expected Sonic Team to do something RIGHT. Because, you know they physically and mentally cannot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jun 29, 2004, 07:05 PM
Another possible hope to save PSO ruined by Sonic Team. A whole 50,000 EXP for killing Olga Flow, down the drain. It seems like the last great thing Sonic Team did was Sonic 2 for genesis.

Link00seven
Jun 29, 2004, 07:08 PM
On 2004-06-29 17:05, ForceOfBrokenGlass wrote:
Another possible hope to save PSO ruined by Sonic Team. A whole 50,000 EXP for killing Olga Flow, down the drain. It seems like the last great thing Sonic Team did was Sonic 2 for genesis.

Aint that the truth...lol.

About the quest--Dont know, dont care, dont play PSO. When I read the news I thought about renewing my HL for a month, but it sounds like this is just another ****ed up stupid quest...oh well.

Ness
Jun 29, 2004, 07:19 PM
On 2004-06-29 16:35, DruidMettool wrote:
Ness, don't tell me you actually expected Sonic Team to do something RIGHT. Because, you know they physically and mentally cannot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Of course not! I just wasn't sure what point he was trying to get across.

Eanae
Jun 29, 2004, 07:55 PM
Honestly. From what I saw, there was such a big hype about this new quest. But people failed to remember Sonic Team makes this game. And yes, the Sonic Series games are deffinetly the best (though Sonic Heros they screwed over just like PSO Ep. III) Maybe for once they can do something good with Universe. But I really doubt it. Who will play PSU when they can play WOW, FFXI, or EVE? I doubt I will even try playing it. Maybe I'll look at it online, but so far, my faith in Sonic Team is gone. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Ness
Jun 29, 2004, 08:24 PM
Not to mention that ST has a bad habit of ignoring its users. People have complained and complained to ST about the issues with their games yet they refuse to fix them. You would think they would take atleast a few people into consideration.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jun 30, 2004, 01:02 AM
Sonic Team has had a bad habbit of not learning from past mistakes too. Even if they do seem to learn from past mistakes, future remedies are usually faulty and dismal.

Guile
Jun 30, 2004, 04:53 AM
Hahhaha he drew a hand giving the finger..hahahaha!!

Armok
Jun 30, 2004, 07:22 AM
Your all moaning about not getting 50k extra exp from a quest.

Thats quite sad, look TTF is the most boring piece of shit in the world. All open games you ever find are TTF runs with lamer just doing it over and fucking over to get to lv 200 quickly.

Its fucking boring as shit.

I'm glad that this quest aint suba exp cos It means that all games suddenly won't just be fucking ep2 TTF from now on. I will enjoy playing through this quest a number of times but am happy with the fact I wont have to play it all times of the day. Now shut the fuck up complaining and go back to your repeatative TTF runs and be happy.

Ness
Jun 30, 2004, 07:56 AM
On 2004-06-30 05:22, Armok wrote:

Thats quite sad, look TTF is the most boring piece of shit in the world. All open games you ever find are TTF runs with lamer just doing it over and fucking over to get to lv 200 quickly.

I'm glad that this quest aint suba exp cos It means that all games suddenly won't just be fucking ep2 TTF from now on. I will enjoy playing through this quest a number of times but am happy with the fact I wont have to play it all times of the day. Now shut the fuck up complaining and go back to your repeatative TTF runs and be happy.

I'm sorry, but to me exp is the most valuable treasure in the game and I don't like being cheated out of it. Sure I'll play something just for fun (that's why I did forest and mine runs), but when it comes to quests, I do them for the huge reward at the end. For some people that reward is a rare, but for me it is EXP.

Ahya
Jun 30, 2004, 08:36 AM
Sorry to be off topic but is this why Sammy is joining/taking over ST? Because ST is being a bunch of lazy ass bozos.. or are they low on budget.. Was that How the Neo Geo Pocket ended?

Ness
Jun 30, 2004, 09:15 AM
Neo Geo ended because no one here in the US bought it.

AYY-BEE-CEE
Jun 30, 2004, 10:35 AM
On 2004-06-30 05:22, Armok wrote:

Hear hear. I don't like having to enter rooms where "we're going to do TTF now" all the time, because that quest is really boring if you've played DC PSO V.2 to death.

I haven't finished TTF2 yet (died at Gol Dragon with as my HUcast with just a HUmar with me) so I can't comment on what it's like at the later stages, but exp is not everything to me. I just want a fun game and a rare drop or two along the way, with some friendly people who also want to enjoy themselves while we play. TTF does not do that for me.

DruidMettool
Jun 30, 2004, 12:19 PM
On 2004-06-30 07:15, Ness wrote:

What are you talking about? Plenty of people bought it. And all six of them are regretting that they did.

Saiffy
Jun 30, 2004, 12:21 PM
You forgot the side quest with the WIS, you get a fucking scape doll on ultimate for it.

Leighmest...quest...EVER!

Ness
Jun 30, 2004, 12:28 PM
On 2004-06-30 10:19, DruidMettool wrote:

What are you talking about? Plenty of people bought it. And all six of them are regretting that they did.

I would have bought it, but all the games that were out for it were puzzle games.

Nai_Calus
Jun 30, 2004, 02:06 PM
The same people who bitch about TTF do nothing but Heat Sword.

If they don't do Heat Sword, they want you to suffer through the mind-numbing crap rare hell that is VIRIDIA Ice Spinner.

This is not negotiable, because it's true.

One thing I always hated was speed TTFs. A slow leisurely max-kill TTF is a good time.

And if I ever did something it was usually for fun or for the exp. I don't believe in rare-hunting, it never works for me. XP By the time I FINALLY got my MKB, I didn't even care anymore and was hunting it purely from spite. Rares drop if I don't look for them. XP

"Oh TTF sucks ass" Well, I'm sorry. Bust out a nice Soul Blade or EN4, then. Make a game. Good exp AND a good time.

Ness
Jun 30, 2004, 02:10 PM
After I aquired a Yamato, I was through rare-hunting.

DruidMettool
Jun 30, 2004, 03:17 PM
After I did TTF with the same people 60 or 70 times, I got bored with it. Doing the same shit over and over... Killing the same monsters over and over. Having Mr.A know exactly what drops what in what area on what ID. While Mr.B, having 6 memory cards with characters all in Ult, is bragging about he should "go grab his FOmar and restart the quest". And Mr.C is two rooms ahead of everyone, and has already killed 90% of the room's monsters and picked up all the rares. I would be Mr. D : The person with only one character in Ult and wants to do something new and exciting. Not the same boring shit over and over.

And they still love it. In fact, I can bet you any money that one of my friends is playing TTF and enjoying it as you read this.

If Sonic Team made quests less repetitive and gave them more replayability, I would still be on Ep1+2 today.

Mixfortune
Jun 30, 2004, 03:27 PM
On 2004-06-30 12:06, Ian-KunX wrote:
The same people who bitch about TTF do nothing but Heat Sword.

If they don't do Heat Sword, they want you to suffer through the mind-numbing crap rare hell that is VIRIDIA Ice Spinner.

This is not negotiable, because it's true.

One thing I always hated was speed TTFs. A slow leisurely max-kill TTF is a good time.

And if I ever did something it was usually for fun or for the exp. I don't believe in rare-hunting, it never works for me. XP By the time I FINALLY got my MKB, I didn't even care anymore and was hunting it purely from spite. Rares drop if I don't look for them. XP

"Oh TTF sucks ass" Well, I'm sorry. Bust out a nice Soul Blade or EN4, then. Make a game. Good exp AND a good time.

Too true on the alternate quests that will be played regardless. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Think of it this way... if there wasn't TTF, there would be a different quest for experience that would be played all the time.

With the variety of quests, there's bound to be something that gives more experience than regular runs, and if regular runs gave the most experience, a lot of people would just be doing those all day.

Sure, TTF might be extreme, but who's to say?
Those who are tired of seeing TTF games being played just for experience for hours on end should know that if there wasn't TTF, we would be talking about a different quest, so having no TTF wouldn't solve the matter.

And, for every game being TTF and so many people not liking to play TTF, there sure is a piece of broken logic somewhere along the line.

Uncle_bob
Jun 30, 2004, 04:55 PM
Some more quests with more backbone/story would be nice too. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

navci
Jun 30, 2004, 05:46 PM
On 2004-06-30 10:28, Ness wrote:

[quote]

I liked my NGPC. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I think it was really really REALLY bad marketing that brought SNK down.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: navi on 2004-06-30 19:27 ]</font>

Sef
Jul 1, 2004, 06:23 AM
Yes, "Respective Tomorrow" is horrible on some parts. Since, I don't play Episode 2 I though it was interesting to run around places I've never been.

And the 'WIS' I hear you actually get Custom items, Saiffwin. We just did a shitty job and need to do it some more.

Now why are we complaining about TTF and how many games there are. When I was online, I seemed to remember this little option called, "Create Team".

Outrider
Jul 1, 2004, 01:35 PM
On 2004-06-30 15:46, navi wrote:

On 2004-06-30 10:28, Ness wrote:

[quote]

I liked my NGPC. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I think it was really really REALLY bad marketing that brought SNK down.

If only they hadn't pulled them... there would be so many in bargain bins, and I could pick one up cheap, just like my Saturn and Dreamcast! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

OnnaWren
Jul 1, 2004, 02:18 PM
(temporarily wakes from torpor)

RE: Neo*Geo Pocket...

ALL puzzle games? What crack are you smoking, and can I have some?!

I loved the passel of fighters (KOF R-2, SamSho 2, Last Blade BtD, Gals' Fighters), the odd arcade translation (Pac-Man, Metal Slug: First Mission/Second Mission), and even RPGs (Dark Arms, Biomotor Unitron, SvC Card Fighters' Clash) released for the system... or were you just being facetious?

And FWIW, I loved Puyo Pop and the original Puzzle link as well...

As for advertising, print adverts were everywhere between 8/99 and 7/00 when the system was pulled from the shelves, intensifying in spring of 00 (Babbages seemed to be a staunch supporter, while EB's backing was rather lackluster, and FuncoLand only carried used). During that time, more stores took the plunge in selling the NGPC as well (Best Buy, Ames, etc.).

I worked for EB and K*B Toys during that time, and I know what REALLY killed the NGPC...

"Wow! 16 bits? More colors? Better sound? Joystick? And all that for only $10 more?!? Where do I sign up?!?

Oh, and one more thing... does it have Pokemon?

EEEEEEWWWW! AGGGGGHHH! PTOOIE! @$^(!%#!*@+%()!!! IT SUCKS THEN! C'mon! Let's get a Game Boy Color!"

I saw this repeated ad nauseum during the Xmas season, and SNK was never really able to recover from this, despite the fact the the NGPC was the superior system, techwise. It's just that Nintendo had ironclad contracts with all third-party publishers but Sega (Sonic Pocket Adventure, Puyo Pop), Capcom (Rockman Battle and Chase), and Namco (Pac-Man), keeping the best games off the system.

Square's splinter group, Sacnoth, did Dive Alert and Faselei!, but neither made a wave (It wasn't until Shadow Hearts that they got the recognotion that they so deserved).

SNK's goal was never market domination, they were smart enough to realise that. All they wanted was a meager 5% market share to claim their own personal victory. At the time of the system's untimely demise they had 3.5 market share, and were well on their way to their goal...

And FWIW, there are NGPCs in bargain bins... just check your local Electronics Boutique or eplayplay.com (http://www.eplayplay.com)... System and six games (randomly chosen) for $80.00 USD, and a four pack of random games for another $40.00. Take care, though, that eplayplay doesn't distinguish between Japanese and American versions of games (a rainbow stripe and lack of ESRB rating on the cartridge denotes a Japanese game)...

RE: Sonic Team and PSO...

Bah. While Yuji Naka was never an idiot per se, his vision of Phantasy Star has become vastly skewed from the original vision.

I say, give the series back to Overworks, if Reiko Kodama would ever to agree to do another Phantasy Star. I'm sure that they could get the series back on track.

(returns to sleep)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2004-07-01 12:22 ]</font>