PDA

View Full Version : Finding rares you never search for...

MT7218
Jun 30, 2004, 05:13 AM
I've been wondering, how many people find rather decent rares when they were never looking for them? I've managed to get an Agito 1983 one time from doing a random Purplenum CCA run, a Fatsia in a random Viridia CCA run, and I JUST recently got a Demo Commet from a Red Slime (Unpiped) from a Skyly Caves run...

Superguppie
Jun 30, 2004, 05:23 AM
I remember finding a Demolition Comet in some random run through Caves, just having some fun with some friends.
And of course I remember my first GOD/BATTLE that my FOnewearl found on her first visit to ULT Forest. I had just had her do in DF on VHard and needed to simmer down a bit before going to bed. So, didn't expect anything to drop. Even thought I'd get her killed by the dragon or something. Dragon was EZ, especialy after finding that GOD/BATTLE from the last Hildelt on the plateau with the warp to it.
And my totaly awesome Aura Field, found on a run to Barba Ray to get Red Scorpio...

And some more I already forgot about

Jack
Jun 30, 2004, 05:40 AM
'91 Agito in the Seaside.

Ahya
Jun 30, 2004, 05:56 AM
Aura Field in VR Temple! 3 Mil Lilies but 1 Aura Field ..

Vielka
Jun 30, 2004, 06:09 AM
i remember when i was do runs in ultimate mines trying to level up and get the yas9000m.. I ended up getting the kasami bracer and magic rock moola.

Akulamenuri
Jun 30, 2004, 06:37 AM
I got Meteor Cudgel in a random TTF run.

Ahya
Jun 30, 2004, 06:47 AM
I got the handgun ver. Yas .. dunno the model number but its the 2nd i got.I have no use for it though...

Armok
Jun 30, 2004, 06:51 AM
I managed to find 2 windmills in purpleum temple runs that I really didnt want. Oh and a Elysion in hard blueful. Most stuff though I am after and plan my runs to ensure a decent number of drops I want.

Ahya
Jun 30, 2004, 07:06 AM
Elysion sucks! Id trade for a Windmill anyday, because Elysion sucks! If it was Elsydon and a solid bladed weapon I'd keep it!!

Armok
Jun 30, 2004, 07:29 AM
It was 35%hit Elysion so is pretty neat for low level bashing

Ahya
Jun 30, 2004, 07:32 AM
Nice find. I just wished it was ATP required though. Maybe Ancient Saber would be better than Elysion.

Armok
Jun 30, 2004, 07:40 AM
I've spent alot of time searching skyly temple for one of those never to see one drop. However I dont like 1 hit weopons as a rule even the katana class are rubbish imo.

Ahya
Jun 30, 2004, 07:50 AM
Yea.. thats why I prefer swords. Bigger , better and kills faster. I only use Flowen sword though cause im aiming for the set. But if I could get my hands on that sealed j that would be kool. but I doubt it..
some people might think its a hack or something if an Oran had it (i think) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Armok
Jun 30, 2004, 08:13 AM
I got the flowens set some time ago. The sheild looks really good on a humar in white costumes. As for bothering with the set I'd go for a red sword or chainsawb over the flowens even with the combo these 2 are much better.

Ahya
Jun 30, 2004, 08:24 AM
I kno.. my cousin has red sword. i know its still strong even with flowen set. But the flowen sword has grown onto me. Though the 9 star one is weak i still use it because it has become a fav. for me. if i get the 3084 flowen sword that would be my new favorite weapon http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif but ill still keep my old flowen sword. and yes a humar with i think the special white costume look nice with the shield. And give Diwari for and even better look. My Humar is just that. He somewhat has a Flowen feel to him .. maybe its the equipment. lol!

Xaos127
Jun 30, 2004, 08:27 AM
i got my standstill shield while i was looking for a Yas2k on my Greennill.
A little off topic but rares have been droping like crazy for me! i just got a DF Field and a Spread Needle while i did a From The Depths Runs, its MAD http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

space_butler
Jun 30, 2004, 09:36 AM
ive got 2 Elysion from random hard quests, and abut 6 secret gears http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif many clubs of laconium too...those things are starting to annoy me

Tact
Jun 30, 2004, 09:55 AM
I snagged a Delsaber's Left Arm with my Viridia RAmarl in Hard Ruins...I also got a Fatsia from the first Vhard Seaside Gi Gue I killed...and, of course, that El Rappy that started the Check Room-ful of Angry Fists...

RadiantLegend
Jun 30, 2004, 09:59 AM
S-reds, standstill shield (greenit), Red daggers, chain swad 25hit, asuka, maser beam x2, dragon claw, many more

Fyrin
Jun 30, 2004, 10:18 AM
Elysion are found every where, I still like them though.

Sharkyland
Jun 30, 2004, 11:10 AM
Found a shipload of stuff by doing ttf and other quests... 3 chaos bringer arms (gave to ppl who were playing with me), sange (gave away), viridia card (kept), final impact (left behind), guilty light (left behind), red scorpio (left behind), meteor smash (left behind), crush bullet (left behind), ruby bullet (traded someone got it first), God/TP (gave away), Red Daggers (kept), 5 S-beats arms (kept one), 2 Baranz Parts (gave away)... and various PDs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-06-30 09:12 ]</font>

Jeff86
Jun 30, 2004, 12:20 PM
When trying to pipe a Berdysh I ran into a Mil Lily on the way and found a Windmill. Never get a Berdysh though.

cHaOsMaZtA
Jun 30, 2004, 01:02 PM
I've found red daggers and red slicer while I was searching for my chainsawd. I found 2 red mechguns while beating the seek my master mission (oran). When I was leveling with my cHaOsMaZtA in the forest the dragon dropped his claw. Then when me and my friend were trying to beat dark falz, another red mechgun dropped. We didn't even know about it. He went to the tekker, and it was a red mechgun. To bad I couldn't have good luck on items that are actually worth using.

Shigecki
Jun 30, 2004, 07:33 PM
Just found a Morning Glory the other day http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif when I was helping a friend find a pair of earings.

MT7218
Jun 30, 2004, 08:12 PM
Wow... I have yet another weapon to add to that list... I ran into a Mil Lilly during another Skyly Caves run today (I'm hunting the ever elusive Red weapons set. >.>) and it droped me a Sange... I wish I had a Yasha to go with it now, but I'll search for one much later on...

Nai_Calus
Jun 30, 2004, 08:47 PM
Things I found without actively looking for:

Red Sword
Kasami Bracer
Red Slicer
Magic Rock: Moola

...I should not look for things more often. >_>;

ilr2000
Jun 30, 2004, 09:02 PM
Meteor Cudgel in casual Ruins run. Countless red swords from countless unintential Govulmers. Couple of accidentail Sanges. A Luminous Field dropped by mistake from a Sino Blue. Sino Berril Arm's were also an unintented find. Two Twin Blazes were dropped in Seabeds from Morfo's without intention. That's all I can think of right now.

KveerRaven
Jun 30, 2004, 09:15 PM
My Agito 1975 (Real) while trying to find my Red Handgun. Never got the Red Handgun though. IMHO, I'd much rather have had the Red Handgun.

Xaos127
Jun 30, 2004, 11:47 PM
On 2004-06-30 18:47, Ian-KunX wrote:

Kasami Bracer
* Bombs Ians house with my Nug-2000*

lain2k3
Jun 30, 2004, 11:50 PM
On 2004-06-30 21:47, Xaos127 wrote:

Kasami Bracer

**Kills both of you, multiple times**

Only time ive found something without spending months on end searching is when a PD drops form an enemy i want the rare from, which happens more than almost daily.

Fyrin
Jun 30, 2004, 11:55 PM
Photon Drop is the stuff, I love finding PD every time I am expecting a lavis cannon from a red slime or demolition comet from a mil lily, I always end up getting a photon drop. How great!

Nai_Calus
Jul 1, 2004, 12:01 AM
On 2004-06-30 21:50, lain2k3 wrote:

On 2004-06-30 21:47, Xaos127 wrote:

Kasami Bracer

**Kills both of you, multiple times**

Only time ive found something without spending months on end searching is when a PD drops form an enemy i want the rare from, which happens more than almost daily.

*dies, multiple times*

Hey, I didn't even want the stupid Red Sword. Don't use it, either. >.>;

Ian does religiously use the Kasami, and the Moola did make a nice Summit Moon, though...

lain2k3
Jul 1, 2004, 12:05 AM
I dont care about anything besides the kasami, and for that, you die, multiple times. (until i run out of moons)

Same goes for the guy with the Nug, only tenfold.

Nai_Calus
Jul 1, 2004, 12:53 AM
On 2004-06-30 22:05, lain2k3 wrote:
I dont care about anything besides the kasami, and for that, you die, multiple times. (until i run out of moons)

Ow, my aching Rati. ;_;

Can I kill myself for you?

Xaos127
Jul 1, 2004, 05:14 AM
I dont care about anything besides the kasami, and for that, you die, multiple times.

well put, the rest mean nothing to me

lain2k3
Jul 1, 2004, 09:34 AM
On 2004-06-30 22:53, Ian-KunX wrote:

Ow, my aching Rati. ;_;

Can I kill myself for you?

Be my guest. **begins burning star atomizers in front of a very unhappy rati.**

doubletake123
Jul 1, 2004, 11:12 AM
well i found 2 chainsawds on the same af run and a god arm, stag cultery, inferno bazooka(lost to corruption and didn't get to use it with me fomarl)
and i have yet to find a rare with episode 2.

Butoden
Jul 1, 2004, 12:37 PM
Thats what I call lucky...

I found a Vjaya today, while wasn't looking for one, it's still pretty handy weapon for my HUcast. Crappy percents, only 15 Machine. Better than 0 on everything though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif I also found a 35% Hit ????Railgun which is now 45% Panic Railgun! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif Not rare but still very good handgun for forces or HUcast haha.

Shintaro04
Jul 1, 2004, 01:07 PM
While i was trying to level up my new Whitill, i came across a Pal Rappy in Ult, which it drop me a 35% hit Red Partisn, which now tekked up to 45% http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and now is +50 too.....hahahahaha!

Nai_Calus
Jul 1, 2004, 02:58 PM
On 2004-07-01 11:07, Shintaro04 wrote:
While i was trying to level up my new Whitill, i came across a Pal Rappy in Ult, which it drop me a 35% hit Red Partisn, which now tekked up to 45% http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and now is +50 too.....hahahahaha!

*kills you*

*unequips Rati before it loses too much synchro* Poor Rati... ;.; Lain, stop abusing the Rati!

Shintaro04
Jul 1, 2004, 04:03 PM
On 2004-07-01 12:58, Ian-KunX wrote:

On 2004-07-01 11:07, Shintaro04 wrote:

*kills you*

*unequips Rati before it loses too much synchro* Poor Rati... ;.; Lain, stop abusing the Rati!

lol, that's fun.I have some luck at finding that great Red Partisan, however i have not luck of finding a damn Red Sowrd... need to kill more GoVulmers.

Wyndham
Jul 1, 2004, 08:17 PM
my 20 hit Yamato.
I grinded it to 60, hen got corrupted. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif