PDA

View Full Version : *kreisch* Animal Crossing in EU!!

rena-ko
Jun 30, 2004, 10:48 AM
OMG! for sheer boredom i access nintendo.de and what pops into my eyes confuses me to no end. Animal Crossing? huh?

and indeed, it will finally hit europe o_O on september 27th 2004, around threethousand years after the US and even australian PAL release!!!

what. the. hell.

nintendo always surprises me, may it be with their weird promotion and release tactics, their pricetagging or their pure slowness.

so now, my personal problem: stay with pso? get harvest moon finally to waste time there? or forget both and switch to AC?

DruidMettool
Jun 30, 2004, 10:54 AM
You know, I actually just started playing Animal Crossing again like 3 days ago. And i'm addicted again.

Animal Crossing is a very fun game, and you're going to find yourself playing it a LOT. I would take a break from PSO and enjoy it for a while.

Kizaragu
Jun 30, 2004, 01:29 PM
It all sounds well and proper, but considering how a large majority of us (in the Uk at least) have already got the game on import (There were a lot of the US copies in stores all over the country, probably illegally?) it will mean low sales of the European version.
Low sales will probably mean No AC2 over here, bringing us back to square one and having to buy it on Import. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Mixfortune
Jun 30, 2004, 01:53 PM
Ah, see, Kiz, that could be what they've planned all along!
On the matter of Animal Crossing, I spent so much time on that game, only to stop suddenly. I can't explain it...

I got to the point where I'd just start digging holes around people, making them immobile, then replacing one of the whole with the (!) trap. Poor Teddy, he fell in one three times in a row...

Ness
Jun 30, 2004, 01:56 PM
!!!!!!

It's about time, I guess. It took them long enough. That game has been here in the states for over two years.

InfinityXXX
Jun 30, 2004, 02:03 PM
On 2004-06-30 08:54, DruidMettool wrote:
You know, I actually just started playing Animal Crossing again like 3 days ago. And i'm addicted again.

Animal Crossing is a very fun game, and you're going to find yourself playing it a LOT. I would take a break from PSO and enjoy it for a while.

Yea I just started yesterday. I stopped playing the game a year ago and now i'm hooked too.

Skett
Jun 30, 2004, 09:53 PM
Yeah, took Nintendo long enough. I guess they finally listened to the fans in Europe.

Good job Nintendo, now for that SSBM sequel? And where is our new Earthbound game? And why did it take you so long to make Zelda mature and to make a new Metroid game? Yeah, they *always* listen to their fans.

DruidMettool
Jul 1, 2004, 12:16 AM
By the way uh... if anyone wants to send me any items for whatever reason. My Character's names is Druid. and my town's name is Tantagel.

But rest assured you'll get something in return.

darthsaber9x9
Jul 1, 2004, 07:34 AM
On 2004-06-30 11:53, Mixfortune wrote:
Ah, see, Kiz, that could be what they've planned all along!
On the matter of Animal Crossing, I spent so much time on that game, only to stop suddenly. I can't explain it...

I got to the point where I'd just start digging holes around people, making them immobile, then replacing one of the whole with the (!) trap. Poor Teddy, he fell in one three times in a row...

yeah i did the same thing. suddenly, after paying off my debt i thought wtf? what am i doing! and then began to get back into pso http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif which im glad about http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif cos i found a demo comet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif

Jack
Jul 1, 2004, 11:00 AM
On 2004-06-30 11:29, Kizaragu wrote:
It all sounds well and proper, but considering how a large majority of us (in the Uk at least) have already got the game on import (There were a lot of the US copies in stores all over the country, probably illegally?) it will mean low sales of the European version.
Low sales will probably mean No AC2 over here, bringing us back to square one and having to buy it on Import. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Europe != UK

Kizaragu
Jul 1, 2004, 11:14 AM
What's that supposed to mean?
I'm fully aware of the fact that the Uk is in Europe, I live here. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

rena-ko
Jul 2, 2004, 09:18 AM
maybe he means that UK IS the EU market... i'm not quite the same opinion...

anyway...

probable reasons for the delay:

-PAL format (solved with the Australian version though)
-European holidays for each country, now this costs time, alright.
-the initial programmer team working on doubutsu no mori e+/2 whatever the successor is called.

well, its prolly the same thing as with ep3... there still will be some people who'll buy it and those few importers get ignored as usual.

nintendo listening to their fans? good joke, really.

kevlar_pso
Jul 3, 2004, 11:14 AM
My wife started playin it again a few weeks ago. Now she's drawin me back in! AC is worth it alone for the classic NES games. After I get on I"ll be sure to send ya somethin.

Aunt_Betty
Jul 3, 2004, 02:05 PM
Well I bought it and I love it. I thought it was out in Europe. 0.o i guess not.

kevlar_pso
Jul 4, 2004, 01:15 AM
On 2004-06-30 22:16, DruidMettool wrote:
By the way uh... if anyone wants to send me any items for whatever reason. My Character's names is Druid. and my town's name is Tantagel.

But rest assured you'll get something in return.

Tantagel? You sure that is the correct spelling of your town? My wife tried to send ya somethin but Tom Nook said that your town name was wrong because it was too long by one letter.

Kadavreski
Jul 4, 2004, 03:19 AM
On 2004-07-01 09:14, Kizaragu wrote:
What's that supposed to mean?
I'm fully aware of the fact that the Uk is in Europe, I live here. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

[i]i'm glad about animal crossing appearing here, because some of us don't have import dealers nearby

Kuea
Jul 4, 2004, 04:04 AM
0_o

it wasn't out in Eu?

jeez

thats a long time

Kadavreski
Jul 4, 2004, 04:49 AM
wowzer....2 years...bloody nintendo, sometimes i feel like getting an xbox...

kevlar_pso
Jul 5, 2004, 01:27 AM
Sorry Dhylec, I was just tryin to connect w/some ACers out there, won't happen again. ha Ne ways, hope ya'll caught the 4th of July festivities by the pond in the game.

Currently lookin for Classic and Kiddie stuff.

town : Soapys
players : Kevin and Rachelle

Skett
Jul 5, 2004, 01:23 PM
Yeah, did take awhile. Better late than never, though. I think the reason why it took so long is because changing holidays and events is a bit too much.

Malkavian
Jul 5, 2004, 01:50 PM
It was confirmed a few months ago.
Well I knew because in a spanish forum one of the translators said he was working on it.

I think the reason of the delay is because initially they didnt want to release it.They needed 8 months to localize the japanese version for US. And thinking Europe needs at least german, french and spanish for less market... they skipped it. Then with the petitions and stuff they reconsidered it. But obviously it was a bit late already.

This and FFXI may have a World Record Delay?

FFXI. Released in Japan 16-5-02. Released in USA 23-03-04. Released in Europe 31-12-04 to confirm.
Animal Crossing. Released in Japan 14-12-01 (it was different tho). Released in USA 15-09-02. Released in Europe 24-09-04.