PDA

View Full Version : GC: Shorthand Menu or Quick Menu

Sharkyland
Jun 30, 2004, 11:45 AM
I know there are some people (some veterans and some new people) who really don't know much about the shorthand menu system. The quick menu or what's it called sometimes.

Basically you hold down 'R button' then 'X' (could it be X or Y, I need to have a GC controller while typing this, but I don't have one at the moment, I'm pretty sure it's the top most gray button) and it will bring up a small menu to your bottom left. You can toggle between weapons - items - magic this way.

You can also sort out your magic as well (you press the other gray button and it will be highlighted yellow then you can scroll down the menu and pick which you want to replace that spell with in the list). This I think is very useful when you have a important stuff in the 2nd row of your customization. It's also a great way to switch between wpns, too.

As a HUnewearl, my top 5 are:
- Anti
- Shifta
- Deband
- Jellen
- Zalure

Then... Rafoie, Gizonde, Gifoie, Rabarta

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-06-30 09:48 ]</font>

Eanae
Jun 30, 2004, 01:06 PM
It's R + Y to bring the menu up. How could people not know about it? I found out about it by experimenting with controls when I first got the game. It's been a life saver ever since. Resta and Anti are my top two on it. Really helpful for when I have my photon blast charged seeing as resta is set as R + B on my hunter http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Gjl
Jun 30, 2004, 01:26 PM
Quick switching weapons is essential for most classes, and doing it manually is just a pain. Also photoblasts are really annoying, especially when you set vital techs like Resta to your R-hotkeys.

I'd be suprised if this turned out to be news for anyone heh.

Sharkyland
Jun 30, 2004, 06:32 PM
Well, I've seen people just stand in the middle of the battlefield just trying to find the wpn they want. So I ask them if they know the quick menu and they say no.

I teach them, and they are happy because they can do it faster.

Mazinger-X
Jun 30, 2004, 08:28 PM
Took me like a month to figure that out, then another month to realize there was another chat menu there that you could use to start convo's "Android, lay a trap for me" Pfft. That one is funny. o____O

NeoGeo777
Jul 1, 2004, 10:34 PM
I learned about the menu after a week or 2 and it really helps a whole lot. for me being a hunter it helps switch out between all my weapons real nice i dont use the magic menu much though cuz i have resta set as my norm b button.

AlbinoRando
Jul 2, 2004, 12:06 AM
My friend told me about it the first day i got the game and i have used and loved it ever since......much faster than the regular menu.

Rainbowlemon
Jul 2, 2004, 05:41 AM
...the most useful new thing in Ep 1&2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

My configuration, from top down, is

Shifta
Deband
Rafoie
Gizonde

And at the bottom, I have ryuker, with anti above, and Gibarta above that.

I always have resta as my right icon button, and jellen/zalure as my R + down and R + right buttons respectively.

I guess I really should try out different configurations >.<

Armok
Jul 2, 2004, 05:51 AM
I always use it for shifta/deband is always better to have zalure and jellen on the attual first menu as you cast them more often.

Faust
Jul 2, 2004, 06:38 AM
I don't know how I survived Dreamcast without it... o.O

Oh wait, it's because I only used one weapon -- Spread Needle. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Xaos127
Jul 2, 2004, 08:34 AM
its essential for me!! I always carry a strong rifle and a strong shot of some type so constant weapon change

rena-ko
Jul 2, 2004, 09:22 AM
well, the quickmenu was already in DC v2...

but back on topic:
i for my part keep the techs in the initial order... simply for the fact that i'd be confused in cmode... stinks enough to have to reset the buttons each time...

also... by now i get to anti or reverser within a second.. prolly because having it trained several thousand times by now...