PDA

View Full Version : XB-Challenge: Episose 2 Challange 3 is up!!

Asia_Skyly
Jun 30, 2004, 05:50 PM
Lets get to it!

lain2k3
Jun 30, 2004, 06:07 PM
O_o

wow ST is slow.

Sharkyland
Jun 30, 2004, 06:29 PM
I thought it says on the front page that e2c5 was put up.

Asia_Skyly
Jul 1, 2004, 03:03 AM
I am not sure where the information is coming from, but perhaps that refers to E2C5 on the Japanese Xbox?

Sitka
Jul 1, 2004, 12:17 PM
Hi Asia:

That was some tough luck on that damn Gol Dragon, eh?

We missed it by that much (holds two fingers 1mm apart).

I'm up, along with Gream, for some Ep II c-mode tonight if you catch a free moment. You've got quite the gaggle of c-mode fans these days. You should start charging for your games: 10,000 meseta or one rare per run.

Let me know if you're able to run.

And thanks!

Asia_Skyly
Jul 1, 2004, 05:59 PM
After getting my ladder done a while back, C mode is my new joy. E2 C2 is never easy, even if you know what to do. Therefore, unlike other challenges where people die at the boss and I spontaneously combust, I hold no grudges with C2. That dragon is NASTY. No other way around it. You need some luck in the weapons department (nice %s) and a Hucast or two for it to work.

I just tried it again, 3 Hucaseals one Fonewearl. We got there in record time, about 8 mates per person, 2 dolls per player and we still failed it. The freeze is just demonic. What kind of evil person came up with those attacks!?!?!?!

Now that is the Gol Dragon, Gal Gryphon is even more lethal! o.O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asia_Skyly on 2004-07-01 16:00 ]</font>

gream-green
Jul 1, 2004, 06:21 PM
Therefore, unlike other challenges where people die at the boss and I spontaneously combust, I hold no grudges with C2

^LOL true dat.

Sitka
Jul 1, 2004, 06:43 PM
So Asia (or any experienced c-mode vet with an opinion),

If I was to design a new character specifically for running start-to-finish c-mode for EP II, what would you suggest (It's obvious that my Bu-EI Skyly Racast is not the best choice for running EP II).

In perusing the guides and stickies/posts, best that I can figure is a Hucast, Racaseal or Fonewearl and probably one with a Whitil or Purplenum id.

In looking at the chars hanging out to play c-mode, it seems the racaseals and fonewearls are less common, and therefore might be more in demand.

What would you recommend?

HiroX
Jul 1, 2004, 06:47 PM
I still need to get through E2C1 and E2C2 before i can roll with you guys for E2C3

Asia_Skyly
Jul 1, 2004, 10:37 PM
After trying C3 about 90000000 times. I think the team has to carry a Racast to C3, so the racast can carry the team through it. A Ranger makes a WORLD of difference in C3. 1 Rifle, and he can drop his gun, that gives the team 2 long range attackers which is crucial. We are still trying to sort this freaking C3 out!

Sitka
Jul 2, 2004, 11:49 AM
I'm your Racast.

You know that, don't you?

Anytime, anyplace - I'll come running (and shooting).

Ketchup345
Jul 2, 2004, 12:03 PM
On 2004-07-01 20:37, Asia_Skyly wrote:
After trying C3 about 90000000 times. I think the team has to carry a Racast to C3, so the racast can carry the team through it. A Ranger makes a WORLD of difference in C3. 1 Rifle, and he can drop his gun, that gives the team 2 long range attackers which is crucial. We are still trying to sort this freaking C3 out!

There are other Autoguns in the stage (but right before GG). Check the guides to find their locations. Only 1 or 2 experianced members should get them, the others wait near the boss portal.

Asia_Skyly
Jul 2, 2004, 04:07 PM
Well we do have a strategy, we rush to CCA, at CCA we clean the house, we use the healing rings as our main base while we demolish everything else in the level, collect the Autoguns and General powers and everything else. Even then, Mr. Gal is a pain in the butt. One of the problems we had was that our Hucast was unable to equip a handgun, thus placing him and the zalure casting force in a difficult spot.

Sitka
Jul 2, 2004, 04:47 PM
I'be been reading the guides on ole Gal Gryphon and although there are no promises, I at least have a concept of how to deal with him.

I'm looking forward to challenging him tonight.

Asia_Skyly
Jul 4, 2004, 10:43 PM
Alright!! We finally beat it! I finally managed to decipher pretty much all of his patterns (after about a measly 20-30 tries) except for the trample-run he does from time to time, that one still throws me off. Depending on the distance I can avoid this move. For the most part, it was a tour of Force. Extremely long, extremely frustrating and incredibly gratifying. I have not had this much fun, cursing, kicking and screaming on PSO since... well... since... well... EVER!!

I am pretty certain than on the US Xbox I (we) am (are) one of a handful of people who have complete this challenge. I am willing to bet that as of this moment no more than 6 people have beat it. [There is hardly a C mode community among the cheating pieces of S***, that populate the Xbox] We got some pretty horrible times, but as I and my teammates get better, so will our times:
47 min and 52min on C3. So far we all are under S rank time.

Sanzo
Jul 5, 2004, 11:55 AM
The trample is easy all you have to do is MOVE, heh

Sitka
Jul 5, 2004, 08:07 PM
Okay,

Thanks to Asia, Shigeki and Sanzo for dragging my poorly-skilled Racast through stage 3 - that was the most challenging, fun part of PSO I've enjoyed thus far.

As far as I know, only a handful of us on xbox have actually survived the Gol Dragon and stage 3. Asia's (Fonewearl) knowledge of the attack patterns and the play of Shigeki's Hucaseal and Sanzo's Hucast made the difference.

The Racast was important mostly early to trade mags, shoot traps and provide some distractions, but in the final battle was almost a liability compared to the higher HP and ATP of the Hu's.

I have been duly impressed by the play of these three.

Thanks for including me as part of the team.

Now, let's get ready for Stages 4 & 5!

Asia_Skyly
Jul 5, 2004, 11:08 PM
I cant wait for C4 and C5. Today I finally timed to perfection attacking without a handgun. We got ourselves a new record: 46:57. We will TA this challenge in the not so distant future! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PS. We could have not done it with out you Sitka!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asia_Skyly on 2004-07-05 21:24 ]</font>

digigram
Jul 6, 2004, 03:49 AM
*** feels left out *** http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Getintothegame
Jul 6, 2004, 04:04 AM
Hm, too bad I have no friends on Xbox Live. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
And that I have no rank yet from Cmode Episode 1.

Level 165 RAcast

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2004-07-06 02:06 ]</font>

Sitka
Jul 6, 2004, 11:13 AM
Thanks again Asia.

I'm ready to try a TA on any of the Ep II stages with the Racast - just let me know.

Also, I have three new characters coming up. The Hucaseal is at stage 6 in Ep I, the fonewearl is just starting and the hucast is just starting. I'd like to find some players and bring them all through the first three stages of Ep. II as well as complete Bu-EI in Ep. I.

So Asia, Shigecki, Sanzo or anyone else looking for an extra player, send my an email and I'll come running. Just let me know which player to bring.

Asia_Skyly
Jul 6, 2004, 03:57 PM
TO ANYONE OUT ON THE XBOX, please do not feel left out. The honest truth is that there are not enough people doing C mode on the Xbox and we need ALL of you. Sometimes, putting together a team can be difficult, but the more of you there are the easier it will be. So please come to Dav 10, and lets hope we can get this sorted out!

Sitka
Jul 6, 2004, 04:36 PM
Agreed

I've posted in a couple of other areas, but the message needs to get out.

We need more skilled c-mode characters.

If you're retired, un-retire and bring your char. out for Ep. II.

If you haven't tried c-mode, you're missing what I think may be the best part of PSO - come give it a try - you'll like it too.

If you're a newbie, but you're willing to learn, come to Dav 10 and hook up. Just keep trying and you'll get better.

Let me know if you want to give it a try.

digigram
Jul 7, 2004, 01:56 AM
I'm good... I think.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ... eh... fuck it.. I suck..

I guess it's all up to your opinion... I've played with you asia..and sitka... what do you think of my c-mode skills.. shit?... potential?..

I haven't done ep2 yet, but hey...whats the point if it's not even updated all the way... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif.. yeah its fun... but i want that damned S-needle.... WAHHHH.

Asia_Skyly
Jul 7, 2004, 11:05 AM
I thought you were great. I never saw you losing scapes or mates for no reason, even when the maps were new to you. That means that all you have left to do is gain experience. You will be fine. We passed the challange didn't we? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Sitka
Jul 7, 2004, 01:37 PM
Digigram - you possess what you need to be good at c-mode.

You learn quickly, you follow direction and you work well with a team.

You are always welcome in any c-mode game that I'm playing in.

We all just need to play more to get more experience, feel out the characters and how they play, learn the attack patterns of the enemies and bosses and learn the maps ... which is true for all of PSO, isn't it?

Come one, come all - we've got some momentum going now. I saw more Ra-Gou's through Bu-EI's hanging out in Dav 10 last night than ever before. Let's keep it going!