PDA

View Full Version : Rejection

Sharkyland
Jun 30, 2004, 06:47 PM
Not once have I been rejected by a Japanese team... is it because they can understand my Japanese O_o, or have they been sitting there for a while and are happy to see ANYONE to be the 4th player.

Ketchup345
Jun 30, 2004, 09:20 PM
I was able to get a team of 4 people in Alcyone 6-1 (is this the right ship?) without knowing a word of Japanese (I use word select whenever possible anyway, and I am fairly sure they all had at least 1 JP player).

I think it is probably because of how long it can take to get 4 players in one C-Mode game.

Sharkyland
Jul 1, 2004, 01:27 AM
How did you manage that? Make a game and wait for ppl to come or said some cmode and entered?

Ketchup345
Jul 1, 2004, 09:07 AM
On 2004-06-30 23:27, Sharkyland wrote:
How did you manage that? Make a game and wait for ppl to come or said some cmode and entered?

I occasionally made games, but those often didn't get enough people.

I joined some games, and used word select for most of any talking I did (I'm usually a silent gamer; except right at the start to confirm some basic things such as ID in normal games, and what stage in C-Mode, etc). Most of the games I joined had a (J) and a (E) player already anyways (and tey can't see your language setting if you join a game if you use word select all the time, can they?).

I wasn't too bad of a C-Moder compared to others (everyone had bad attempts at E2C2 and E2C3 bosses, right?).

Myopathy
Jul 1, 2004, 12:23 PM
It's all luck for me. I don't know any JP, but I got pretty proficient at using Word Select. Some times I would be able to get a JP team together. But sometimes I couldn't get anyone. I remember spending 5 hours once trying to a get C5 game up. FIVE! I can finish all of CMode in 5 hours...

Nai_Calus
Jul 2, 2004, 12:45 AM
Heh, my most successful attempt at starting a C-mode game on Alcyone 6 was when I went there to do C9. 3 JP players filtered on, I managed to not be too n00bish, I followed all the proper protocols, and we just sailed through it with the worst problem being that the poor FOnewm didn't seem to have managed to get quite enough HP for Falz. But we killed Falz so fast that we only had to donate a couple of scapes to him.

Ep2 C2... Urgh. First time I was with Vulpes, Xeno and someone else I don't recall. We failed at Gol Bob with all of us out of mates, scapes, etc. He was almost dead, too. >_< Second time was with most of the same people, and then mom came home in a bad mood and I had to leave in the middle of it. >_<;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

SLON
Jul 2, 2004, 07:12 AM
I guess the only time you would be rejected is if you joined a TA game with the wrong character type, or you pissed someone off previously. I have joined games with players who are considerably better than me (eg Ep1 times below 3 hours) and no-one complained about my lack of expertise. People on cmode tend to be more tolerant than in normal PSO it seems!

rena-ko
Jul 2, 2004, 09:02 AM
*enters game with J's in it where i can read the gamename and with that the stage to be played*
*selects "good afternoon > everyone" since most of the time its evening over there*
*taps F4 which releases a 'i live in germany'*
*waits a sec for them to compensate the shock - usually indicated by *shock*-symbols*
*taps F1 which releases a 'ok if i join?' wordselect from the lobby.*

usually its an 'ok' or compareable.

its a matter of introduction, i'd say. of overall manner and of course, what char youre using and how good you play in the first few minutes...
being able to read hiragana helps though, since some seem to forget the gaijin, when that person is using wordselect all the time.

good luck & have fun

Sharkyland
Jul 4, 2004, 06:00 PM
Hmm... I usually try romaji but if I switch to (J) setting they would speak to me in Japanese, and I'd be so lost x_x

I'm usually...
- enter a game
- Word Select "Hello > Everybody."
- Then I type "Nani cmode desu ka?" (What cmode is this?)
- If they don't respond with anything I would then type "ep2c? or ep1c?" which usually gives me a response.
- Though if it is TA, I usually do not join because I am unexperienced with that type of thing. Though if I usually don't need it, I usually say "Gomen nasai demo ii kan desu yo..." (roughly translate to "I'm sorry, but I don't need this" though sometimes I feel like the "yo" is a bit harsh)
- Then end it will "Goodbye, everyone."

- If I do get accepted, depending on what cmode it is, I will change characters though they weren't too surprised when I entered my HUnewearl for e2c4 then changed to my HUmar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sharkyland on 2004-07-04 16:03 ]</font>