PDA

View Full Version : backing up items

LoreSeeker
Jul 1, 2004, 10:39 AM
Just wondering, can a legit player back up his items in case of FSOD and still be considered legit by most people? I started a legit char yesterday (Oran HUcaseal named BoMB iRaQ), and though I'm not far enough along to find any decent rares, I wanna know if it's considered ok to back up my stuff. I figure that if Sega can let a bug slip like FSOD, I should be able to take measures against that to protect my items, as long as I'm not giving them out to anyone.

KaFKa
Jul 1, 2004, 10:48 AM
im what I would consider legit, and i used to do that all the time to back up my high-level rares (read also-double cannon, kasami bracer, TJ sword)

lain2k3
Jul 1, 2004, 11:50 AM
Dont 'back up' Easy to find stuff, like frozen shooter and spread needle, flowens 3084 or that. they are good, but not hard to find.

Now if you are like kefka and are one of 3-4 people that has ever had a legit TJ sword, then yes, by all means, back it up. I would do the same for Sranks, after losing my first. -_-;;

KaFKa
Jul 1, 2004, 11:54 AM
On 2004-07-01 09:50, lain2k3 wrote:
kefka

KaFKa...

yes, high level stuff thats hard to find, by all means back them up and put them on seperate memory cards..

Miroku77
Jul 1, 2004, 03:41 PM
How did u unseal your sealed-j sword??!?!?!? Im sorry im still kinda new to this site and i havent heard it before.

LoreSeeker
Jul 1, 2004, 03:43 PM
Hackers are telling us that it can be unsealed after you get 23,999 kills with it, but I'm not sure how true that is myself.

Miroku77
Jul 1, 2004, 03:46 PM
oh, and KafKa how did u unseal your S-Sword, not that i dont believe Loreseaker, i just want an opinion from someone who actually did it.

Nai_Calus
Jul 1, 2004, 04:55 PM
Back up any weapons you use on a regular basis that are going to be reasonably annoying to replace. A Charge Vulcan, for example, doesn't need backing up.

Uber-rares you actually use, of course, almost scream for backing up.

Mid-grade rares, I'd say, depend on how much time you have to hunt replacements and whether it has Hit or not. A Red Handgun is stupidly easy to replace, but not if it has, say, 50 or 60% Hit.

Shields, Armor, Units and Mags shouldn't need backing up, usually, since they're not usually unequipped.

You may wish to, in addition to a backup copy on the same card in case of FSOD, maintain a copy on another memory card in case of corruption, but that's for the truly paranoid. XP

Ketchup345
Jul 1, 2004, 05:15 PM
On 2004-07-01 13:41, Miroku77 wrote:
How did u unseal your sealed-j sword??!?!?!? Im sorry im still kinda new to this site and i havent heard it before.

God damnit! People don't know how to use stickies, do they?!?!

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=84571&forum=7&0

Gah!!! It's even in my copy & paste for the Lounge!!!

*Brutally slaughters Miroku77*
*Kills anyone that tries to use a Moon At/Reverser on him*

The stickies are there for a frickin' reason! Please read the stickies in every forum from now on before asking a question such as that. -.-

LoreSeeker
Jul 1, 2004, 05:56 PM
Perhaps instead of a sticky, you should force a popup onto their screen which would explain things clearly before they could ask anything you've answered already. Of course, your sticky IS in a different forum, so I would almost excuse that...

Ketchup345
Jul 2, 2004, 10:08 AM
On 2004-07-01 15:56, LoreSeeker wrote:
Perhaps instead of a sticky, you should force a popup onto their screen which would explain things clearly before they could ask anything you've answered already. Of course, your sticky IS in a different forum, so I would almost excuse that...

Too bad almost everybody has a popup blocker one way or another. Or force the Forum rules and all the important stickies on a person before they post for the first time.

Also, they don't have an excuse. If you check their info, the board my sticky is in is the one they are most active at. That makes it even worse/more painful.

But yes, I do back up some items. Mostly the ones that took a while to get or are just painfully hard to get. Speaking of that, I should backup my S-Rank Needle now that I tossed the special on it.

Nai_Calus
Jul 2, 2004, 11:06 PM
On 2004-07-02 08:08, Ketchup345 wrote:

Also, they don't have an excuse. If you check their info, the board my sticky is in is the one they are most active at. That makes it even worse/more painful.

Um, not everyone is most active in Mag, Quest, Item and Section ID. Very few people bother to read the stickies. [i]I[/] don't bother with the stickies unless it's something I actually care about. This particular n00b might be most active there, but a lot of people go to General or get sucked into FKL and the like. I know your ego wants everyone and their mag to read your guide, take it all to heart and praise you for it, but it's not going to happen, anymore than people are going to read my support FO guide and actually TAKE any of the advice. XP

*shrug* It's a sad fact of life, those who need it most are those least likely to read it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

lain2k3
Jul 2, 2004, 11:30 PM
On 2004-07-01 09:54, KaFKa wrote:

kefka

KaFKa...

yes, high level stuff thats hard to find, by all means back them up and put them on seperate memory cards..

Fuck, I'm sorry. First time I ever did that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

_Ted_
Jul 5, 2004, 02:25 AM

kefka

KaFKa...

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I back up any rare items that I use on my legit characters and I feel that it is perfectly legitimate. If I work to find something, then I'm not going to let some game glitch take it away from me! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sharkyland
Jul 5, 2004, 05:10 PM
On 2004-07-02 21:30, lain2k3 wrote:

kefka

KaFKa...

Fuck, I'm sorry. First time I ever did that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I do that alot... I call him Kefka sometimes. I got him mixed up with Sef x_x