PDA

View Full Version : Amateur Force Equipment

Nazo
Jul 1, 2004, 11:31 AM
OK, I'm rapidly regaining my corrupt character- am at lv 39. I've just gotten into VHard mode, and I am starting to doubt my equipment... here's what I've got:

-Cane of Laconium
-King's Frame with 3 slots, each with Magician/TP
-Plasma Shield
-Ila Lv 51

My instinct tells me: "Not good enough!"

So... as a pinkal, can anyone give me recommendations on what would be good? I'm thinking of going for a hildebear cane, but then again, I want to get to Ultimate...

Thanks!

Gjl
Jul 1, 2004, 11:36 AM
x/TP units are useless, swap them for /Mind units.

Solstis
Jul 1, 2004, 12:26 PM
On 2004-07-01 09:31, Nazo wrote:
OK, I'm rapidly regaining my corrupt character- am at lv 39. I've just gotten into VHard mode, and I am starting to doubt my equipment... here's what I've got:

-Cane of Laconium
-King's Frame with 3 slots, each with Magician/TP
-Plasma Shield
-Ila Lv 51

My instinct tells me: "Not good enough!"

So... as a pinkal, can anyone give me recommendations on what would be good? I'm thinking of going for a hildebear cane, but then again, I want to get to Ultimate...

Thanks!

PLEASE go for better equipment before trekking to ulty.

Then again, the hildebear's cane is OK for vhard, but the special is useless in ultimate.

Eanae
Jul 1, 2004, 12:29 PM
PLEASE go for better equipment before trekking to ulty.

Then again, the hildebear's cane is OK for vhard, but the special is useless in ultimate.

It's useless in vh mines too. Man I hate not having those things being affected by fire http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Edit: And yeah, tp items are useless. The mind ones help ALOT.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eanae on 2004-07-01 10:31 ]</font>

Sitka
Jul 1, 2004, 12:30 PM
Depends on what kind of fo you're running.

If you're a fonewearl, that Hildebear's Head with it MST and foie boost along with mind units/hp units to survive Falz and a foie merge = PWN, particularly on Falz final stage.

I'd say, go for the Hildebear's head and maybe get a couple of special wands (boost zonde and barta) which are easy to find for Pinkal. Graduate to better frame ASAP (save those add slots), pick up AngelMind++ and DragonHP++ (make multiple runs for those and grab the mind mats and scape dolls and tech discs along the way). Get your HP up for the Falz fight and enjoy the battle!

Butoden
Jul 1, 2004, 12:34 PM
Vala(FOnewearl), my highest force char uses Hildebear's Cane, Mace of Adaman and Mahu. Mahu will soon be deposit, I don't like cards. I only wanted to see how it looked and if it worked. Well the Force Class(or at least mine) has too low ATA.

Get a Hildebear's Head if you can. Also Club of Zumiuran boost Zonde, for the Mines. Only found in Ultimate though, with 1 exception being Yellowbooze VR Hidoom.

Shintaro04
Jul 1, 2004, 01:00 PM
On 2004-07-01 10:30, Sitka wrote:
Depends on what kind of fo you're running.

If you're a fonewearl, that Hildebear's Head with it MST and foie boost along with mind units/hp units to survive Falz and a foie merge = PWN, particularly on Falz final stage.

I'd say, go for the Hildebear's head and maybe get a couple of special wands (boost zonde and barta) which are easy to find for Pinkal. Graduate to better frame ASAP (save those add slots), pick up AngelMind++ and DragonHP++ (make multiple runs for those and grab the mind mats and scape dolls and tech discs along the way). Get your HP up for the Falz fight and enjoy the battle!

There is not Dragon/HP++, unless it's hacked.
and others i agree with you.

Nai_Calus
Jul 1, 2004, 03:01 PM
It's not too late to recreate with a better ID and a better class. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Just get to VHard, you'll find a ton of the 9-star boosty junk there, and you can pipe for God/Minds from Caves Nar Lillies. A Storm Wand: Indra will help your Mines hunting.

Keep in mind that a FOnewearl's simple tech boost isn't very useful against crowds.

Sitka
Jul 1, 2004, 03:23 PM
Sorry about the DragonHP++ rec., I guess I got ++ on the brain (comes from who I run with=perfect male++).

Anyway, although some are partial to the gi- and fo- boosting forces, including myself, I still really like the fonewearl's simple boosts, particularly for boss fights. Falz = Rabarta, Zonde, Barta, Foie = Dead!

Piping for God Minds on lilies is ridiculously easy - a little patience and you'll have 4 to equip, np.

Look for and save the barriers/amplifiers you find as those can help a fonewearl, in my opinion of course. Unless you're planning on meelee your fone (God I hope not!).

I love having a fonewearl along when I'm running - awesome support and with their MST, they're not piping back up for fluids all the time.

Eihwaz
Jul 1, 2004, 09:14 PM
*/HP units are better than */Body, */Mind, or */Revival units.

Well, I suppose Mind units could be useful on baby FOrces to learn some techs...

Oh well. Pinkal isn't that great, but you will find shitloads of tech-boosting stuff in Vhard...then you'll start getting sick of them...

The Curse of Pinkal. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Nazo
Jul 1, 2004, 11:26 PM
Hm... so I guess it boils down to this:

[b]-A Storm Wand: Indra, which shouldn't be too hard to find in VHard...
-Hildebear's head
and
-4 God/Minds...[/b[

Hm... for the piping on the 4 God/Minds, should I be on the Addicting Food run or the Waterfall Tears run? Addicting food seems like it has more lilies...

Shintaro04
Jul 1, 2004, 11:34 PM
On 2004-07-01 21:26, Nazo wrote:

-Hildebear's head
and
-4 God/Minds...[/b[

Hm... for the piping on the 4 God/Minds, should I be on the Addicting Food run or the Waterfall Tears run? Addicting food seems like it has more lilies...

if u try to pipe for the God/Minds, i would suggest you do it on Waterfall Tears, which there is a room with 9 lilies you can pipe at once.
More Lilies------>higher chance of seeing one.

Eihwaz
Jul 2, 2004, 12:12 AM
On 2004-07-01 21:26, Nazo wrote:

-Hildebear's head
and
-4 God/Minds...[/b[

You'd be better pressed raising a character that can find God/HPs and hunting those instead.

God/HP > God/Mind.

Particullarly on a FOnewearl. FOnewearls have the weakest HP, but the strongest MST. O_o;

Nazo
Jul 2, 2004, 02:45 AM
On 2004-07-01 22:12, Eihwaz wrote:

You'd be better pressed raising a character that can find God/HPs and hunting those instead.

God/HP > God/Mind.

Particullarly on a FOnewearl. FOnewearls have the weakest HP, but the strongest MST. O_o;

You do have a point there (after all, my HP- 400 something and TP- 1000). It just turns out that skyly can find God/HP with the Nar Lillies in VHard caves as well. As I have a skyly lv41, that should probably be sufficient.

But then again, maybe half half...?

EJ
Jul 2, 2004, 03:55 AM
i would have a gun handy with me until you get better equipment and also have higher lvl techs. Just my advise and also listen to what Ian suggest he is usually right on force.

Primrose
Jul 2, 2004, 04:18 AM
Dont worry, i managed to get to ultimate mode very early with very low HP with my FOnewearl and my FOnewm.
Forces have the easiest time when entering ultimate made, and HP is not really an issue offline. Just dont get hit. I used a Valiant Frame with 4 slots until i reached level 152 and couldnt careless for any rare shield except Merges.

If your ID is Pinkal, theres a ton of technique boosting items you can and should look for. I suggest you look for Fire Scepter: Agni, Ice Staff: Dagon and Storm Wand: Indra, these 9 star wands cover a wide range of techniques.
Actually im pretty sure you wont even need to look for any of these, as they are just about everywhere.
Having Club of Laconium, Mace of Adaman and Club of Zumiuran is also a nice thing to have, as well as Caduceus and Branch of Paku Paku (for Striker of Chao) or Madams Umbrella.
Get yourself a few Merges and you will do great.