PDA

View Full Version : For RAmar: Standstill Shield or Secure Feet?

FattyMcGee
Jul 2, 2004, 05:20 AM
I have been using a standstill shield on my lvl 135 RAmar, but now that I have a yellowboze in ultimate i can easily get the Secure Feet also. I was wondering which would be better for my RAmar. Let me know if you need to know any more specifics about him to give an answer.

--fatty

P.S. I fed him hardly any evade materials, mostly just def and power. So he already has max base def w/ a god/body equipped.

Armok
Jul 2, 2004, 05:26 AM
Depends on area. if you are in forest high evd is great due to the fact nothing will ever be able to damage you. Other areas where monsters have better Ata def is more important.

On the online side of things. Everyone uses standstill sheild so use secure feet for originality

FattyMcGee
Jul 2, 2004, 05:30 AM
On 2004-07-02 03:26, Armok wrote:
Depends on area. if you are in forest high evd is great due to the fact nothing will ever be able to damage you. Other areas where monsters have better Ata def is more important.

On the online side of things. Everyone uses standstill sheild so use secure feet for originality

well, in offline forest, nothing even does damage to me even when they DO hit me (I guess hildelts do like 30 or something, but that's it), so unfortunately the evade doesn't really help me there. I do definitely agree with the originality point tho! I hear they look really cool too.

Thx for the input! Anyone else have an opinion also?

--fatty

Xaos127
Jul 2, 2004, 08:26 AM
i use Standstill mainly because it looks Seksi http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
So go Standstill Shield.

gallaugher
Jul 2, 2004, 08:52 AM
Eventually your DFP will be too high to make using the Standstill Shield worth while. At your level it is probably good still. Around 150 you might want to switch to Secure Feet.

lain2k3
Jul 2, 2004, 09:51 AM
I use secure feet because it looks infintely better than standstill.

The only places i use standstill and where i would actually value the defense, which is only ruins and seabed.

Eihwaz
Jul 3, 2004, 05:08 PM
Secure Feet, mainly becuase they look really cool.

If you need the extra defense, however, go with Standstill Shield, I suppose.

ilr2000
Jul 3, 2004, 07:13 PM
I'm pretty sure EVP mainly helps with the extra statuses that come from enemy's attack. Like how some enemies can confuse or put slow on you. If you EVP is high, the chances of this happening are far less. However, I dont think EVP helps you when it comes to elemental statuses like Shock from the Gibbons.

FattyMcGee
Jul 4, 2004, 02:59 AM
On 2004-07-02 06:52, gallaugher wrote:
Eventually your DFP will be too high to make using the Standstill Shield worth while. At your level it is probably good still. Around 150 you might want to switch to Secure Feet.

I already said I have max base defense... therefore, I wouldn't have any more def at 150 than I do now. So I don't get the point of your post.

But anyway, I think i'm going to mostly use the standstill shield (I mostly play in ruins/control center/seabed areas anyway), and get the secure feet just to wear around for fun sometimes.

Thx for the input everyone

--fatty

adamgnome104
Jul 4, 2004, 09:52 PM
Secure feet look awesome, and since its not overused online, go for it!

(Black King Bar hater since...forever! @_@)