PDA

View Full Version : PSO Trial Update

Mindshare
Jun 6, 2002, 11:17 AM
I'll make a new topic now and again rather than adding to my old ones so that we don't keep ending up with 10 page postings.

Stuff I've noticed this morning on the Trial:

1. Mags are easier to raise - Feeding items make the stats bars rise as in DC version, but the stats bars never go down. So whereas previously some items would increase one or more bars and decrease others, this doesn't happen on the Trial. You only get the increase.

2. The tech distribution system is more complex. I only know this from my Ramarl and haven't tested it with other chars, however she can use some techs but not others. (Whereas if I remember rightly, in v1/v2 you either got all the techs or none of them depending on whether you were a droid or not).

I found reverser today, but it was grayed out with a cross next to it indicating that my class can't use it (ever) so it looks like Ramarls will have to carry moons to revive teammates. I've been able to use all other techs so far though (although I have yet to find them all). I'll let you know as I try other characters if they have had their tech usage tweaked as well.

Cheers,

M.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 6, 2002, 11:28 AM
It seems like the tech system now is a replica of what it should've been on the DC. Like RaMars weren't supposed to be able to use all tech, because it said something in the instruction manual like "Some recovery techniques" I understand why Sega did this. Lucky forces......

~F

TeamPhalanx
Jun 6, 2002, 11:51 AM
Enough RAmarl talk, give us some HUnewearl news!!!

I like the MAG system where certain items makes certain stats go down. That way, you can adjust the stats more to your liking.

faceless
Jun 6, 2002, 12:26 PM
how many items can you hold in the bank?
how about the character save file, is it 11 blocks per character or 11 blocks total...

AynRand
Jun 6, 2002, 12:30 PM
the bank can store up to 200 items, i've seen images of the bank

faceless
Jun 6, 2002, 12:50 PM
On 2002-06-06 10:30, AynRand wrote:
the bank can store up to 200 items, i've seen images of the bank

thanks for the images

Alisha
Jun 6, 2002, 05:08 PM
how is the music in the new stages?

Mindshare
Jun 6, 2002, 06:34 PM
Yes 200 item limit in the bank - and you can bet it's a bitch to scroll through http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

On 2002-06-06 15:08, Alisha wrote:
how is the music in the new stages?

From what I can remember Shrine and Spaceship are the same music as in battle mode on respective stages (I never did battle much on DC version)

The Swamp (Gal da Bal Island) music is kindof ethnic with tribal drums and stuff. It's ok, but not outstanding. I'm currently spending a fair amount of time in the swamp (which seems pretty enormous) and I'll comment further on it when I've explored a bit more.

M.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 6, 2002, 08:38 PM
Mind, just out of curiosity, how much did the trail cost?

Mindshare
Jun 6, 2002, 09:51 PM
On 2002-06-06 18:38, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
Mind, just out of curiosity, how much did the trail cost?

I bought the package containing Modem, Keyboard Controller, Trial version and Full version (when it ships)

Cost was 16150 yen + 5% Japanese sales tax, plus 450 yen carriage, which equalled 17,408 yen, to get it to my friend in Japan. Then 4150 yen to ship from him to me the UK.

Total: 21558 yen.

Thats about 120.00 UK Pounds give or take a few pence either way.

M.

faceless
Jun 6, 2002, 10:07 PM
what about the save file, is it 11 total for 4 characters or 11 per character?

Drayma
Jun 6, 2002, 11:05 PM
Guess there are no newbies online with the trial version, right?

BrokenHope
Jun 7, 2002, 10:37 AM
heh poor humars, this taken from mamak forums:

"BTWm Humar WON'T be able to use Shifta...AND Deband!!"

Parn
Jun 7, 2002, 10:48 AM
I'm happy. They never should have had shifta/deband to begin with. They were supposed to have limited tech usage.

Now HUmars suck. Glad I'll be one of the few that will still play as one.

GhoStar
Jun 7, 2002, 10:53 AM
This means there's even more need for a good FOrce now that HUmars can't use S&D.

PSO was over-populated with HUmars because they were clearly the most weighed out to use and put next to a RAmar there were so many pros to using them. Hopefully now we'll see more people using different classes and not a ratipo of 5 : 2 for HUmar : anything else.

I always complained about how un-weighed everything was in V1 and V2. Now it seems ST might have listened to the complaints and done something about it.

john
Jun 7, 2002, 11:32 AM
do you know the differences between the bew classes and the old, any kinda info all i know is thatthere are new ones (one for each im guessing)

Ina
Jun 7, 2002, 12:00 PM
On 2002-06-07 08:53, GhoStar wrote:
This means there's even more need for a good FOrce now that HUmars can't use S&D.

PSO was over-populated with HUmars because they were clearly the most weighed out to use and put next to a RAmar there were so many pros to using them. Hopefully now we'll see more people using different classes and not a ratipo of 5 : 2 for HUmar : anything else.

I always complained about how un-weighed everything was in V1 and V2. Now it seems ST might have listened to the complaints and done something about it.

true, finding fonewearl/racaseal at the time i played(my modem broke) is almost impossible, but humar/ramar/racast/hucast r like everywhere.
In V1, theres virtually no point in using force(except for the look, and the cute weapon ><), every character can learn to lv15 techs. In V2, they changed it a lil, but still.... force sux. Its soooo cool that in epi1&2, they made it so only force can use all the tech, and the other classes will have to suffer. XD

but what about droids, i heard that they r useless in v2 ult(modem broke, cant b ask to lv my racaseal any more)? r they any better now(epi1&2 i mean)?

Malkavian
Jun 7, 2002, 12:20 PM
droids aren't useless in v2 ult...

Greg
Jun 7, 2002, 01:17 PM
they suck pretty bad in solo ult Ruins.

AynRand
Jun 7, 2002, 05:28 PM
while its good humars and others cant use allt echs it will make ult more difficult offline, how useful and necessary was s/d? hmm

Ziggy-san
Jun 7, 2002, 09:54 PM
Wow...all this new info...seems GCN PSO is a lot more than a simple port with a graphical facelift! I just hope I don't end up importing and modding to realize the American version has three new features or something, keke. Hopefully that won't happen...

DarthWufei
Jun 7, 2002, 10:18 PM
You said keke! Wowie! I've never met anyone outside of a Korean MMORPG that has said that..

Mag_Launcher
Jun 7, 2002, 10:48 PM
Well, I hope use non-force classes don't suffer too much. If they take Resta away from ANY of the classes I'm gonna use, i'm gonna be furious. It's bad enough they jacked Reverser from RAmarls, now we gotta buy stupid moon atomizers like those damn bots do... hell, that's the reason I don't use robots. I don't care how many spells they take from the classes, just don't take Resta and Ryuker, the 2 most useful spells in the game. and btw... attack spells suck. About the HUmar S/D thing, that sucks too, but it's more manageable than losing Reverser, for crap's sake.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jun 7, 2002, 10:53 PM
I bet HUnewearls will have support techniques =3. More of a reason to be a HUnewearl than to just look cute... or get rare items... =>_>=.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 8, 2002, 12:48 AM
Hey!! Bots are good, very good depending on whos using them. I can use a HUcast a lot better than a HUmar.

BrokenHope
Jun 8, 2002, 05:43 AM
http://www.planetps2.com/pe2/pso/gallery/heytopso036.jpg

New HUnewearl costume, kinda looks like the red one from dc pso without the thigh boots and in purple, some of the other chars seem to be doing new lobby animations too.

Got from http://hey.to/pso theres some other new pics too.

http://www.planetps2.com/pe2/pso/gallery/heytopso037.jpg

RAmar looks like he's proposing to a HUnewearl lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LuvSlave on 2002-06-08 03:44 ]</font>

Mindshare
Jun 8, 2002, 08:34 AM
On 2002-06-07 20:48, Mag_Launcher wrote:
Well, I hope use non-force classes don't suffer too much. If they take Resta away from ANY of the classes I'm gonna use, i'm gonna be furious. It's bad enough they jacked Reverser from RAmarls, now we gotta buy stupid moon atomizers like those damn bots do... hell, that's the reason I don't use robots. I don't care how many spells they take from the classes, just don't take Resta and Ryuker, the 2 most useful spells in the game. and btw... attack spells suck. About the HUmar S/D thing, that sucks too, but it's more manageable than losing Reverser, for crap's sake.

While I think you have every right to your opinion, I have to say I totally disagree with you. At the end of the day, non-force users should have limited tech use. They have the ability to use a massive amount of weapons that forces can't use and have much better attack and defence strength.

You say that you don't like the removal of useful techs from non-force characters. This is entirely why Sonic Team have done it. If the removed tech was one of the less useful ones, removing it wouldn't make any difference and the game balance would be just the same as before. The changes are to make the game fairer for ALL classes and to provide extra challenge.

If I could say just one thing to sum up my experience of playing on the PSO Episode I&II Trial, it would be this:

I have never had such a rewarding experience playing PSO as I have had in the last few days. There have been no players who have given me 500,000 meseta to get me started. No-one has duped a dozen 180% rare uber-weapons for me which mow down an entire room of enemies in a couple of hits. Some people seem to think that cheating from the start is good gameplay. That's not a game - its a waste of time.

I have struggled through the levels earning every single experience point and felt a surge of pride every time I raise a level. I've got excited when I find a 3 star weapon to replace my 2 star gun, that adds just 10 ATP to my attack power. I've collected meseta avidly and broken every box because I just don't know what it might contain. I've run down to the surface of Ragol, just to see how much more damage I can do with foie 3 when compared to foie 2 after finding the disk for sale in the shop.

It has been challenging, and at times even a little frustrating, but it has been worth it. Oh my God it has been worth it. Every step you take, you do so because you earned it. And the game is so much better for it.

For the first time, we have been able to enjoy the game as SEGA intended. Free of hackers, thieves, ignorant childish little brats cussing each other in lobbies, FSODers, CKers, PKers and anyone else who tries to ruin the game for their own selfish gratification.

Inevitably, these individuals will create codes which will destroy the full game when it comes out, but I'm just so glad that I've had this experience. Never has it been so clear how misguided the code kiddies are. If they only knew how good the game is when it is played HOW IT IS MEANT TO BE, maybe they'd realise how wrong they are.

M.

Mag_Launcher
Jun 8, 2002, 11:48 AM
I didn't say that they took out the useful ones. ... Or are you telling me that they ripped Resta and Ryuker from the 4 classes in my sig?

sonicblue
Jun 8, 2002, 04:57 PM
On 2002-06-08 06:34, Mindshare wrote:

I have never had such a rewarding experience playing PSO as I have had in the last few days. There have been no players who have given me 500,000 meseta to get me started. No-one has duped a dozen 180% rare uber-weapons for me which mow down an entire room of enemies in a couple of hits. Some people seem to think that cheating from the start is good gameplay. That's not a game - its a waste of time.

I have struggled through the levels earning every single experience point and felt a surge of pride every time I raise a level. I've got excited when I find a 3 star weapon to replace my 2 star gun, that adds just 10 ATP to my attack power. I've collected meseta avidly and broken every box because I just don't know what it might contain. I've run down to the surface of Ragol, just to see how much more damage I can do with foie 3 when compared to foie 2 after finding the disk for sale in the shop.

It has been challenging, and at times even a little frustrating, but it has been worth it. Oh my God it has been worth it. Every step you take, you do so because you earned it. And the game is so much better for it.

For the first time, we have been able to enjoy the game as SEGA intended. Free of hackers, thieves, ignorant childish little brats cussing each other in lobbies, FSODers, CKers, PKers and anyone else who tries to ruin the game for their own selfish gratification.

Inevitably, these individuals will create codes which will destroy the full game when it comes out, but I'm just so glad that I've had this experience. Never has it been so clear how misguided the code kiddies are. If they only knew how good the game is when it is played HOW IT IS MEANT TO BE, maybe they'd realise how wrong they are.

M.

You sir, are in Phantasy Star Online Heaven. I envy you my friend.

DarthWufei
Jun 8, 2002, 05:23 PM
I agree with the above post. And I can only hope that the first couple of weeks of the American release will be atleast half as good as what you're experiencing MindShare.

Ophelia
Jun 8, 2002, 05:24 PM
Would you mind updating us on the hunewearls a little? Do they have Shifta and Deband in the trial version? Other support techniques? Thanks for answering. =P

-Ophie

GhoStar
Jun 8, 2002, 05:32 PM
http://www.planetps2.com/pe2/pso/gallery/heytopso034.jpg

ooooh, I think I've found my RAmar's costume for EI & II. Red & yellow = yum! New face too!

And is the Mag Launcher posting here the same one who was infamous over at Gamefaqs and in DC V2 had every RAmar weapon there was (including hacks like the double yellow saber), all at about level 50. Could it be...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GhoStar on 2002-06-08 16:13 ]</font>

ok-hybrid
Jun 8, 2002, 06:22 PM
Hi,

Anyone with the trial fancy meeting up online? ( on trial http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif )

Let me know if your up for it...UK time if possible.

Cheers!

Mag_Launcher
Jun 8, 2002, 07:19 PM
Yes, GhoStar, you are correct, I AM that Mag.

GhoStar
Jun 8, 2002, 10:14 PM
Ouch. Do you plan on carrying your antics over to EI & II, or starting a-fresh?

Mag_Launcher
Jun 9, 2002, 01:29 AM
Depends on how hard it is to find a good looking and powerful weapon. Oh, and I'll be item begging frequently, so watch out. I'm not gonna take starting from the beginning lightly, you know, gotta have a little incentive.

*Message to all PSO World JP version importers!*
If anyone would like to reserve a few weapons for me when I start, I would appreciate it.

Weapons needed at start:
Yasminkov 2000H
Yasminkov 7000V
Photon Launcher
Dual Musashi sabers
And any leftover revamped version 1 rares.
(No force stuff, though)

PrinceBrightstar
Jun 9, 2002, 03:47 AM
Humars will always have one way of Shifta and Deband. *points to the S-reds in the display case*

FinalMasterM
Jun 9, 2002, 03:58 AM
I hope attack techs are much better than DC PSO. Forces are my fav. class (anything that uses magic is) and I was ripped in v2 because level 30 techs where downgraded to a mere poke in ult mode.

I'd think that Hunters and Rangers would get S/D, J/Z, and Revereser/Ryuker since they are the most needed techs in the game, but since they aren't then maybe Forces are more equal with their attack techs.

Mind, thats the same feeling I had when I started to play PSO on DC. I use to play forest over and over again (in normal) because the caves were just too much for my little FOnewm, collecting and killing everything was the best part (and only thing you can do in the game http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

I hope it says legit for a long time, the first day its out I'm gonna join up with 3 other people and have as much fun as I did the first time I played online!

Maybe find some newbies to the world of PSO and teach them what I know and help them out, which is what I hope most of us vets will be doing.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 9, 2002, 09:20 AM
I really enjoyed it the first time....I remember seeing my first dbl saber.....ahh those were the days http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

Mag_Launcher
Jun 9, 2002, 02:30 PM
"Level 30 techs reduced to a poke" my ass. That damn lvl. 30 megid wasn't no damn poke, was it? Yeah, exactly.

lugus
Jun 9, 2002, 02:41 PM
On 2002-06-09 12:30, Mag_Launcher wrote:
"Level 30 techs reduced to a poke" my ass. That damn lvl. 30 megid wasn't no damn poke, was it? Yeah, exactly.

It was a poke, in Ultimate nothing would go down with Megid lv 30 and in Battle Mode all you had to do was boost your Dark Resistance to a minimum of 40 and you would rarely get killed by it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lugus on 2002-06-09 12:52 ]</font>

Ouroboros
Jun 9, 2002, 05:23 PM
OK, I've got some questions. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Is it possible to transfer items between characters offline? (i.e. load two characters from the same memory card offline in a 2 player game, and permanently transfer items).

Does the game use force feedback on a normal controller? I presume that the keyboard doesn't use it, more incentive to want a separated keyboard I guess.

And finally, if anyone here is using a UK Gamecube with the Japanese modem, please post saying it's working OK. I thought it may not do, what with the different voltages in the UK and USA, even though a USA modem worked fine in a UK Dreamcast..

Thanks in advance. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kupi
Jun 9, 2002, 05:52 PM
I'll throw another of my insipid questions in here... can you still get experience from just casting Jellen or Zalure on a foe and not hitting it? I plan to play support 100% of the time, so if I'm going to level up at all that'll be important.

Thanks for your time. ^_^

Cube
Jun 9, 2002, 08:37 PM
man...

Hopefully HUcasts get some upgrades... Without Shifta and Deband it was almost impossible to do ULT Mines alone..

Parn
Jun 9, 2002, 09:32 PM
Yes, you get XP if you cast zalure or jellen when the monster dies.

As for HUcasts getting a boost, what for? The biggest complaint was HUmars getting Shifta and Deband and the whole nine yards. Now that they've been stripped of support techs, you still want yet more? Their advantage is their higher stats alongside their built-in trap vision and immunity to poison and paralysis. Give them restorative or power-up abilities and you may as well only play HUcasts and throw all other classes out the window.

Parn
Jun 9, 2002, 09:34 PM
Addendum: Phantasy Star Online was never meant to be played alone, all the more reason why HUcasts shouldn't get any form of upgrade, and why the downgrading of classes like HUmar is all worthwhile.

Cube
Jun 9, 2002, 09:36 PM
I never requested power up techs or anything, but maybe some sort of statistical advantage in additon to what they already have... maybe even higher defense...

Not so much for battle, but for Combat.

Parn
Jun 9, 2002, 09:55 PM
Well, if they rip away Shifta/Deband and Jellen/Zalure for HUmars, then they're going to have an even bigger disadvantage than HUcasts in terms of power and strength. The only advantage is that they can heal themselves a lot more than a HUcast. They'll have a rougher time because they have to hit almost twice as much... or worse.

Of course, the above situation is assuming that they leave ultimate mode exactly the same. I'm sure they've changed monster strengths and weaknesses to support the new class changes accordingly. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

FinalMasterM
Jun 10, 2002, 07:35 AM
On 2002-06-09 12:30, Mag_Launcher wrote:

XD ok, in battle mode, forces owned not only with Megid but with RAfoie.

Now for your assumption that lv.30 Megid does stuff, the thing barely hits 25% of the time in normal forest and megid is useless against bosses and huge groups of enemies.

All techs in ult. (online) were reduced by 75% (-/+10%) Lv.30 RAzonde did 20-30 damage to Claws making forces the most hated class in Ver2.

watashiwa
Jun 10, 2002, 09:20 AM
On 2002-06-10 05:35, FinalMasterM wrote:
XD ok, in battle mode, forces owned not only with Megid but with RAfoie.

Hehe. Really? LV 30 Megid didn't phaze my HUmar at all after I got his EDK above 40ish. You could stand there and attempt to Megid me all day and I'd just look at you funny. RAfoie barely hurt too. O_o;

watashiwa
Jun 10, 2002, 12:02 PM
BTW, wheeeee (http://www.watashiwa.org/psogct.jpg)!

GhoStar
Jun 10, 2002, 12:34 PM
On 2002-06-10 10:02, watashiwa wrote:
BTW, wheeeee (http://www.watashiwa.org/psogct.jpg)!Does this mean we get exclusive pics and movies up in DivX form!?

Do we, do we? Huh? Huh?

watashiwa
Jun 10, 2002, 12:44 PM
On 2002-06-10 10:34, GhoStar wrote:
Do we, do we? Huh? Huh?

Hehe, as soon as I get home. :P

Malkavian
Jun 10, 2002, 02:19 PM
On 2002-06-09 18:37, Cube wrote:
man...

Hopefully HUcasts get some upgrades... Without Shifta and Deband it was almost impossible to do ULT Mines alone..

You were low lv and using bad weps?
Hucasts can clear ruins online alone if it wasn't for the 2 man switches. Traps + Imperial pick or srank needle....

Greg
Jun 10, 2002, 05:03 PM
Watashiwa, I gotta know, how much did you pay? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And what happened to the whole non-spoiling thing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif lol

watashiwa
Jun 10, 2002, 05:09 PM
On 2002-06-10 15:03, Greg wrote:
Watashiwa, I gotta know, how much did you pay? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif And what happened to the whole non-spoiling thing http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif lol

Somewhere between $0 and $1000, you're welcome to guess. >.>

And, uh, well .. I'm not really going to be spoiling that much. Not everything's there, like one area for each episode at least is missing. Also the offline missions, and probably a gang load of items as well as other stuff is missing.

=P

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 10, 2002, 05:10 PM
It's a bit late to have the trial, but he does get the JP version, so that's good.

watashiwa
Jun 10, 2002, 05:14 PM
On 2002-06-10 15:10, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
It's a bit late to have the trial, but he does get the JP version, so that's good.

Not really. If the ONLINE trial ends on the 30th of this month, I still have 20 days of good PSO time. A good amount of time to try a bit of stuff.

PLUS, that doesn't stop me from playing the OFFLINE mode multiplayer with a friend or two after the online portion ends for another full month.

TeamPhalanx
Jun 10, 2002, 05:16 PM
Ah... you're a true PSO addict. You make us so proud http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 10, 2002, 05:17 PM

watashiwa
Jun 10, 2002, 05:21 PM
On 2002-06-10 15:17, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:

Double posting is fun!

Parn
Jun 10, 2002, 05:33 PM
Psst... download the unedited version of Birthday Cake (http://synbios.net/Birthday Cake.mp3). Censorship is annoying at times. You can thank me by providing us all with juicy details. Though you still suck anyways. =P

"It's moldy mom, isn't it? I don't give a flying fuck though!"

Edit: Stupid BBcode.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Parn on 2002-06-10 15:36 ]</font>

OMAR
Jun 10, 2002, 05:39 PM
im not sure if importing the reg game is smart...can some people fill me in on these things..
Question 1: What exactly do i need for the import besides getting the system modded and the game it self.
Question 2: whats a good place to buy all the stuff needed for the import(online place)
Question 3: Isnt the BBA coming out in like fall in Japan? so doesnt that mean i could just wait and get the american ver and have BB play before japan?(i have 56k and i will have BB in about a month, but i will still have msn dial up since i have a contract:P)And is the 56k version running just like the DC or more lag?
Question 4: Does anyone know for sure if we can change the language to english in the final game?
Question 5:Is it difficult to do all the registration and junk like that to get online?
Question 6: How many people are actually importing?

If anyone knows at least a few of these questions i would be gratefullll...thanks:}

watashiwa
Jun 10, 2002, 05:40 PM
On 2002-06-10 15:33, Parn wrote:
You can thank me by providing us all with juicy details. Though you still suck anyways. =P

THANK YOU.

BTW, I know I suck! I'm reminded everyday about that. >.>

GhoStar
Jun 10, 2002, 05:40 PM
I take my hat off to watashiwa. He took one for the good of the team (though I'm sure some EI & II sampling for starters was a good thing).

Now, about those DivX movies... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

OMAR
Jun 10, 2002, 05:45 PM
Hey i have divx..WAHOO...lol..anyway *cough*questionsabove*cough* hehehe..i just need info..:{

watashiwa
Jun 10, 2002, 05:46 PM
On 2002-06-10 15:39, OMAR wrote:
Question 1: What exactly do i need for the import besides getting the system modded and the game it self.

A Gamecube 56k modem or BBA and a keyboard. (Although the keyboard is actually optional..)

Question 2: whats a good place to buy all the stuff needed for the import(online place)

http://www.ncsx.com

Question 3: Isnt the BBA coming out in like fall in Japan? so doesnt that mean i could just wait and get the american ver and have BB play before japan?(i have 56k and i will have BB in about a month, but i will still have msn dial up since i have a contract:P)And is the 56k version running just like the DC or more lag?

Yep, BBA is coming out soon. I think the lag is the same, though. I'll find out today when playing the trial on the 56k GC modem.

Question 4: Does anyone know for sure if we can change the language to english in the final game?

Yes, you will be able to play the final import game in English.

Question 5:Is it difficult to do all the registration and junk like that to get online?

You don't need to register for the trial and the final hasn't came out yet, so no one knows.

Question 6: How many people are actually importing?

Hell if I know.

OMAR
Jun 10, 2002, 06:11 PM
sweet wata you rule!..lol thanks...well i guess ill import..it doesnt sound to bad..*starts shaking cause its first time importing) :{ im scared

OMAR
Jun 10, 2002, 06:24 PM
ok 95 for the 56k and the game..not bad...but shit 60 bucks for a keyboard...f that....i guess i will pre-order it but i gotta talk it over with parents:p they hate putting there credit card on the internet...geez this is gonna be a fight:p also do i need to buy a japanese mem card to save my caracters?

Greg
Jun 10, 2002, 06:28 PM
A US memory card will be fine although you will probablly wanna get a 256 card http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

GhoStar
Jun 10, 2002, 06:29 PM
You'll need an extra memory card to have Japanese saves on.

Or you could use the one you've got and format it (which would delete all US saves currently on it).

Me? Personally, I have one for both. Though one's empty at the mo'.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Rubesahl
Jun 10, 2002, 06:45 PM
Question! I know this annoyed me a little in DC but now when a character shoots with a long range weapon, does he actually aim to a monster if he's in the air or aims forward and the photon shoots up like DC?

watashiwa
Jun 10, 2002, 06:49 PM
A couple of more pictures I just took:

Pretty much everything the Trial package has in it (http://www.watashiwa.org/psogct2.jpg).
The Keyboard out of it's box (http://www.watashiwa.org/psogct3.jpg).
The modem on a window sill in my house, complete with spiderwebs int he left corner (http://www.watashiwa.org/psogct4.jpg).

Whee, now to install the modem into my Gamecube and fiddle with the damn game.

Ziggy-san
Jun 10, 2002, 06:58 PM
On 2002-06-07 20:18, DarthWufei wrote:
You said keke! Wowie! I've never met anyone outside of a Korean MMORPG that has said that..

Aaa...I had no idea hamsters played Korean MMORPGs o.0

jonny-5
Jun 10, 2002, 07:47 PM
is the BBA coming out on the same day (August 8th) that PSO (not trial) in Japan comes out? Also, is the ASCII Keyboard compatible with a US Gamecube? And finally when is the game supposedly coming out for the US? If the game doesn't come out till late september or october I might as well Import it after I get my Gamecube modded at colorconsoles.com http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

GhoStar
Jun 10, 2002, 07:52 PM
The Japanese version will launch with the 56K modem, it's been confirmed to support BB, and the BBA will be released shortly afterwards by Nintendo.

All hardware is universal, so the keyboard should work fine on a US GC.

US release of the modem 56K is September 16, with the BBA being released on Septemeber 30th. So you'd expect the US version of EI & II to come out on the 16th.

jonny-5
Jun 10, 2002, 09:19 PM
so the U.S. modem and bba work with US versions of Gamecube? Sweet... guess I could get the bundle with the modem when it comes out in Japan and kive with until the BBA comes out here in the U.S.

watashiwa
Jun 10, 2002, 10:36 PM
Here's some pictures I took today. Nothing spectacular yet.

CLICK HERE (http://www.pso-world.com/trialimg.php).

X-thirteen
Jun 10, 2002, 11:03 PM
On 2002-06-10 20:36, watashiwa wrote:
Here's some pictures I took today. Nothing spectacular yet.

CLICK HERE (http://www.pso-world.com/trialimg.php).

sweet

when the final version comes out trial versoon people get the final for free right?

watashiwa
Jun 11, 2002, 02:08 AM
No, X-Thirteen.

Anyway, more updates have been posted on the same page.

Click here (http://www.pso-world.com/trialimg.php).

I'm uploading a movie of the Beach level right now, so I'll also post it there when I'm done.

After the Beach movie has been uploaded, I will post the link on the front page.

X-thirteen
Jun 11, 2002, 02:15 AM
aw i thought they said trial users get the final for free, must havemiss read it.
oh and cool pics once again

TeamPhalanx
Jun 11, 2002, 09:59 AM
Apparently, HUmars have no shifta/deband, while HUnewearls have shifta, but no deband.

Go here (http://www.consolewar.com/forum/threadtoc.asp?page=2&topic=10138) for more info

watashiwa
Jun 11, 2002, 11:24 AM
That's true.

They both have Jellen/Zalure, so whomever said they don't was wrong. =P

My RAmarl has also already learned Deband and Zalure. I wonder if she can learn Shifta or Jellen!

Mindshare
Jun 11, 2002, 11:49 AM
On 2002-06-11 00:15, X-thirteen wrote:
aw i thought they said trial users get the final for free, must have miss read it.

You didn't misread it. Thats exactly what it said on SEGA's Dreamcast Direct pages containing the package breakdowns and ordering information. As far as I am concerned, they're still sending us the full version when it ships, unless someone can provide evidence to the contrary.

M.

DarthWufei
Jun 12, 2002, 08:52 PM
AWEEEESOME INFO GUYS! I'm loving this new stuff. All the new pics at this site plus the video. Ah King put up a video of the Griffon boss which looks really awesome. Man oh man! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif