PDA

View Full Version : broadband adapter trouble/ AOL help please

Glow
Jul 4, 2004, 12:02 AM
I have AOL and i dont know ho to get my gamecube to connect throught my Broadband Cable modem so I can play online

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Glow on 2004-07-03 22:09 ]</font>

Rich_T
Jul 4, 2004, 05:25 AM
is it a USB modem?
have you got a spare network card om your P.C?
if so you might be able to use internet conection sharing.

Marcian
Jul 4, 2004, 10:45 AM
I just did that last night! Its WAY easier than everyone says it is! Ready?

Assuming you have the Actiontec Broadband tower they send out, plug the ethernet cable into the computer, and the USB cord into your broadband adapter. On the Network settings of your game, enter PPPoE, and enter:

Your AOL Screen name, with all lower case, followed by "@aol.com". You password should also be all in lower case. Mine appeared as such:

User ID: [email protected]
Password: fakepass907

Heh... sorry to write a fake password. You understand. Anyway, make sure the screen name has "General" settings, not kids or adults. The only standing rule is that you can't be online on the computer and the GC with the same screen name.

Maybe it was just easier for me by a freak accident, but, once I got it going, it was really as simple as manually setting the network options!

God Bless,
Marcian

Glow
Jul 4, 2004, 11:06 PM
yeah well u got lucky cause it didnt work for me.

Rich_T
Jul 5, 2004, 11:57 AM
is it a USB modem?
have you got a spare network card om your P.C?
if so you might be able to use internet conection sharing.

what type pf modem have you got?

Breeman
Jul 26, 2004, 08:49 PM
and [plug] the USB cord into your broadband adapter.

How do you manage that?

BerserkerKutu
Aug 17, 2004, 07:05 AM
Here you go.. got USB modem?
Get a Crossover Ethernet cable, one end in Ethernet Network Slot (back of com) other end in GameCube BBA.

connect to AOL, open Control Panel>network connections>right click "internet(2)">Advanced Tab>check "allow Internet connection Sharing"

ok. ok. turn on Gamecube with PSO inside, click 'online mode' lol - you get the rest.