PDA

View Full Version : GC IMPOSSIBLE?

sidewinder319
Jul 4, 2004, 03:10 AM
ive read that it is nearly imposible to use the wireless router to send signal to your pc then use a network card to run a cable to your game cube. Ive read more it doesnt works, than it works. what is the dealio. I was about to go out and buy the Network card tommorow. But now i have heard about this wireless game adapter that is really expensive and it only made by linksys. does this adapter only pick up a linksys router signal or any wireless b signal? im so lost.

Rich_T
Jul 4, 2004, 05:29 AM
you should be able to use internet conection sharing to pass the conection form youir P.C to another network card, then on to your gamecube using a crossover cable.

If you cant run a length of cable form your router to your gamecube, have you thought about moving the router to the gamecube, then using a normal bit of ethernet cable to link the router to the gamecube BBA?
if your using a DSL conection you should be able to plug the router into whatever phone socket is near o where your gamecube is.

digigram
Jul 4, 2004, 03:18 PM
i'm sorry but NO ONE, should use wireless anything for anything..

no one.

unless you have a laptop and you want to go outside and look at stock reports, do not get wireless anything you gimmicky rivethead. wireless won't get you more girls nor will it make life easier.. in the long run, when playing games or doing real WORK, wireless makes all of life tougher on you and you alone.. you'll lose files you'll lose game saves you'll lose progress....

do no get wireless for games.

Mr_Crow
Jul 6, 2004, 02:10 PM
tad off-topic here but the gamecube wireless controller (wavebird) is really good

KAMIKAZI
Jul 7, 2004, 10:08 PM
Well wireless according to the guy at best buy said that it will slow down your connection depending how far away you get form the thingy so i went with the trusty wires for my connection i play alot of games.

PS:<The Wavebird kicks ass>