PDA

View Full Version : How many people online at once?

creepjack
Jul 4, 2004, 07:05 AM
I just got this game on the xbox amd I was just wondering how this game works online before I buy a Hunters licence. Is it like other online rpgs where you have hundreds of people playing on a server at once or is it limited to just a few. I know this game is old now but I still really want to try it so I just want to know , is it still worth it?

Master_of_Dragons
Jul 4, 2004, 07:22 AM
What you got here is a list of severs that hold up to 100 hunters. there is i think 16 lobbies that hold the hunters then ou enter a game from the virtual lobby. The game is simalar to offline multiplayer. 4 people quest together. they have to work as a team yet can stray from the others going wherever they like.

LoreSeeker
Jul 4, 2004, 01:34 PM
PSO's servers are divided up four ways: ships, blocks, lobbies, and teams.

Ships are the largest grouping, and in theory, the limit is 1000 people per ship. That limit almost nevery gets reached, even in Japan, so there's nothing to worry about there.

Blocks are the second largest grouping, and can hold 100 people. There are 10 of these per ship. More people can join up by searching for their friend's guild cards, so sometimes the number of people ends up a little higher than it should (say 103 or something like that).

Lobbies are where everyone goes to chat. There are 15 of them per block. I'm not sure what the max number of people is in a lobby, 15-20 would be a wild guess.

Teams are actual games where monsters are getting killed. 4 people can join a team at once (like offline multiplayer). It's not like an MMORPG where there would be hundreds of people playing and fighting together side by side.

lain2k3
Jul 4, 2004, 04:14 PM
Loreseeker pretty much covered it, and i would like to add a comment that I think the max number of players per lobby is 22, not a number that makes sense =/

And Ive seen 165 players on the same block in a JP ship before, it was insane O_o

Zaneatron
Jul 4, 2004, 04:24 PM
Lobbies can only hold 12 people max, this comes from playing Ep3 and having the chat menu tell you whos in the lobby by default. It has 11 spaces, then theres you, so 12 in total.

Also, as an X-box player, you cant leave your regional servers. You will be stuck on your local one, which im guessing is US.

creepjack
Jul 4, 2004, 07:55 PM
Hmm, Should I have gotten the Gamecube version, or doesnt it really matter?

Master_of_Dragons
Jul 4, 2004, 08:17 PM
It really doesn't matter until you get to all the X-box hackers problem. Ive seen a lot of hacks from the X-box community that GC still can't get. But they're mostly the same, differing in missions and the system gameplay itself.