PDA

View Full Version : Who is NOT importing?

DarthWufei
Jun 6, 2002, 05:41 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Just wondering. I'm trying to decide if I should or not. Anyways, this topic isn't for reasons to import or not to import. it's just for me see how people are gonna wait till the US release to get the game. Thanks. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jun 6, 2002, 05:54 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/cat.gif I'll be getting both US and JP =<_>=

watashiwa
Jun 6, 2002, 05:57 PM
I might get both. I know I'll be importing. But me getting the US version depends on if the JP one has a bunch of bugs that need fixing or if the US one has different packaging or not...

Ziggy-san
Jun 6, 2002, 05:57 PM
*raises paw*
Aaa...I would import but...ehh...Pooky is Americanized, so no out of region games for me. Amgoof...just hope Japan doesn't screw us over like they did with ver. 2, keke.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 6, 2002, 06:02 PM
I'll be most likely waiting for the U.S. release. I can probably get enough by then.

Reno
Jun 6, 2002, 06:12 PM
I might be importing, all depends on cost, compatability issues and whether it has an english option or not (the trial doesn't so the final might not either)

I'll probably wait a bit and see how the import works for others first, and if I don't like what I hear then i'll wait for the UK release (as long as there isn't a massive delay or anything)

DarthWufei
Jun 6, 2002, 06:17 PM
Alright guys. Thanks for the quick replies! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I thought I'd end up being the only one around here buying the US version. I'm pretty much forced to, due the complications of life. x-x Anywho... feel free to post whatever opinion now. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

watashiwa
Jun 6, 2002, 06:19 PM
On 2002-06-06 16:12, Reno wrote:
I might be importing, all depends on cost, compatability issues and whether it has an english option or not (the trial doesn't so the final might not either)

I'm 100% sure the final will have an English option. The only reason it's not there is because this Trial is simply to test the network and is not really to be considered the full finished game.

In fact, the Final version will HAVE to have English in it because it's the version that everyone outside of the US has to use. That would include HK, Taiwan, and lots of other places. HK has alot of English speaking players and they play with the English option using the import versions of the games.

PSO has always been a multi-lingual game. It would make no sense for them to take the support for a language out of a game, especially since that would actually BREAK the word select system among other things. Both sides of the game have to have the language file that the other side is using for it to work.

GhoStar
Jun 6, 2002, 06:48 PM
Mamak reported a while back that PSO GC would have identical language options to PSO PC. So yes English will be an option.

Also SA2:B also has an English Option in the Japanese version. Another Sonic Team game.

DarthWufei
Jun 6, 2002, 07:52 PM
Hmm now I'm thinking. Which version do you guys reccomend getting? The import or the domestic version?

Zio
Jun 6, 2002, 07:59 PM
It doesnt matter, I recommend the import because US servers are always down, and I have NEVER had a problem with my import v2. You will still have to pay the same for the modem and keyboard. You will probably have to pay a higher hunters license fee too.

gallaugher
Jun 6, 2002, 08:55 PM
I'll import because the US version will probably come out in February even though they say it was supposed to be available in October.

Don't you remember when PSO cam out for the DC?

Dangerous55
Jun 6, 2002, 09:16 PM
I would import, but I want to know how am I gonna get it too work on my US GC(even though I dont have one yet...). So, anyone know how or think how it will be able to work on a US GC?

Cause I imported DC ver2, and when I got it I had no why to play it, until I got me a gay boot disc, I wanted a CodeBreaker so i could Xfer my old chars over...

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 6, 2002, 09:20 PM
Get it modded for about $25.

Dangerous55
Jun 6, 2002, 09:32 PM
On 2002-06-06 19:20, _xX_Frosty_Xx_ wrote:
Get it modded for about $25.

I wouldnt trust a soul.

Cube
Jun 6, 2002, 09:43 PM
I'm importing without a doubt... And I have a US cube, gettin it modded...

Top 3 reasons why you should import.

3) More experience with the game. You'll be very advanced compared to new US gamers.

2) JP gamers and importers are usually ethical players. Less cheating, and bad conduct. It's very pleasant.

1) Be the first to play PSO GC! The rest are n00bs!

TeamPhalanx
Jun 6, 2002, 09:49 PM
I still want to get Phalanx to lv 200 in v2, so I won't be importing. Being first to play a game doesn't mean to much for me, and as for being more "experienced," heck, since the overall gameplay is the same, I doubt I'll have trouble "catching up."

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 6, 2002, 09:51 PM
Yeah, good points Cube.

GameCube - $150
Modding - $30
PSO - #50

$230 isn't too bad....I'll just play offline for a little while.

Mindshare
Jun 6, 2002, 09:55 PM
On 2002-06-06 16:12, Reno wrote:
if I don't like what I hear then i'll wait for the UK release

See you online in about 2007 then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

(just kidding)

M.

faceless
Jun 6, 2002, 10:09 PM
On 2002-06-06 19:43, Cube wrote:
I'm importing without a doubt... And I have a US cube, gettin it modded...

Top 3 reasons why you should import.

3) More experience with the game. You'll be very advanced compared to new US gamers.

2) JP gamers and importers are usually ethical players. Less cheating, and bad conduct. It's very pleasant.

1) Be the first to play PSO GC! The rest are n00bs!

ok, i'm convinced

Cube
Jun 6, 2002, 10:40 PM
Frosty why not go online? Modem is only 35, and an ISP won't be too hard to find.

Faceless... do i sense sarcasm!

DarthWufei
Jun 6, 2002, 10:44 PM
Hmm... I'm still not sure. Have the US versions of the past PSO games been that bad?

Spy
Jun 6, 2002, 10:47 PM
Importing may let you get the game faster, but that's a double-edged sword. You'll get tired of the game faster as well.

And then I should mention the fact that it will split the community much in the same way that the importing of v2 did on the DC.

Importing is also detrimental to the U.S. gaming industry. Most import games are games that will go into Japanese $$$ figures instead of U.S. $$$ figures. If many people did that, the next release of the game may not even see U.S. shelves at all.

_xX_Frosty_Xx_
Jun 6, 2002, 10:47 PM
I'm broke! It'll be hard chatting online without a 60 dollar keyboard!

lugus
Jun 6, 2002, 11:27 PM
On 2002-06-06 20:44, DarthWufei wrote:
Hmm... I'm still not sure. Have the US versions of the past PSO games been that bad?

Well the first one was alright if you didn't import, I actually never met a person who imported it. Every one was new and no one was a @$$. Eventually cheating began and through out the course of the games life Sonic Team didn't seem to care about the US version, the JP version was their main and only concern. For example JP players got a couple of quest and even a contest to win a wep that you can't find in the game(later got duped to hell)while US got nothing, but I guess I can understand since the game was free online in the US while JP players had to pay.

Version 2 was a whole different story, people who actually waited got the game 4 months after the JP release(way too much when the expansion wasn't that big and the first only took a month), and got almost no quest(US version just got quest that has been available to importers/jp players since last year), and still had to pay the Hunter License(the fee to play online). I am glad that I imported ver 2 and will be importing this one too.

Castoth
Jun 6, 2002, 11:28 PM
Importing is also detrimental to the U.S. gaming industry. Most import games are games that will go into Japanese $$$ figures instead of U.S. $$$ figures. If many people did that, the next release of the game may not even see U.S. shelves at all.

That may have been part of the reason why US gamers were screwed so long in getting new features for DC PSO. All those import sales went into the Japan sales records, not the US. As a result, it made it seem like there were a huge number of JP players but few US players.

faceless
Jun 6, 2002, 11:34 PM
On 2002-06-06 20:40, Cube wrote:
Frosty why not go online? Modem is only 35, and an ISP won't be too hard to find.

Faceless... do i sense sarcasm!

nope, i'm really convinced, all i need now is the money.

QueenBee
Jun 7, 2002, 01:41 AM
I will be, like a few others, importing and getting the US version. I just sent my GC away 2 get modded and put in my pre-order 4 the import yesterday. Im gettin xcited!!!!!!!!

DarthWufei
Jun 7, 2002, 01:43 AM
Hmm... Is there a particular reason so many people are getting both versions?

SERGEMACHINE
Jun 7, 2002, 02:04 AM
Sorry guys i gotta ask cause i am 100% importing.
Do i need a Japanese GC or should i chip my US one?
I can do either one.

QueenBee
Jun 7, 2002, 02:07 AM
We are all praying that you can mod a US GC. Thats what Cube and I are both doing, i know Wata has a JP modded GC, but we r all pretty sure u can just mod a US GC and it will work fine.

SERGEMACHINE
Jun 7, 2002, 02:13 AM
I just have this nagging feeling about the mod,maybe it's just me..
I'll go with the Japanese GC to be safe.

Shotie
Jun 7, 2002, 02:19 AM
I'm not.

SERGEMACHINE
Jun 7, 2002, 02:19 AM
*edits double post*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SERGEMACHINE on 2002-06-07 00:22 ]</font>

Souljah
Jun 7, 2002, 02:27 AM
Ill probally be importing so that I can enjoy the game during the summer whereas if I waited for the US version it could possible interfere with school. Only problem i see is how i would get connected. Broadband adapter isnt being released till October I think..Just hope getting a free isp to work on GC is as easy as it was on DC.

SERGEMACHINE
Jun 7, 2002, 02:37 AM
It's really funny when you think about it...
There are soo many problems to overcome to do this,some are blind jumps of faith.
But we do it anyways lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SERGEMACHINE on 2002-06-07 00:37 ]</font>

faceless
Jun 7, 2002, 03:07 AM
the only differences between the US and JP gamecubes are 2 solder points, there is no chip involved in the mod, all you do is solder 2 points to a simple on/off switch

GhoStar
Jun 7, 2002, 05:10 AM
I don't think importing will have any effect on future releases in the US and Europe. It's still a small community that imports and even though it seems big on internet forums, it's still a small dot on the bigger picture.

Oh, and ColorConsoles (http://www.colorconsoles.com) offer a mod and paint job on Gamecubes. They charge $24.99 for the mod and as you can see it goes on the side:

http://www.colorconsoles.com/images/cubemodpic.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GhoStar on 2002-06-07 03:12 ]</font>

RedFox
Jun 7, 2002, 05:18 AM
all you americans have it so easy! try finding a reliable place to get a consol modded in the UK!!! my local importers have a nasty reputation of having "lost" a few PS2s instead of modding them!!! i know that there are reliable places to get consoles modded but after hearing about a service that could "lose" my GC i think i will just wait for the UK release even though i want it now!!! so i'll be seeing u all onine in 2007 when we finally get a release!!

its a great shame that colour consoles dont offer an internatoinal service... again us UK users are left to wait...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedFox on 2002-06-07 03:38 ]</font>

Ziggy-san
Jun 7, 2002, 05:29 AM
Kekeke, that's pretty sweet looking!

Edit: Nevermind, I checked the link, and I guess I know what I'll be doing over the summer http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ziggy-san on 2002-06-07 03:38 ]</font>

mwseifer
Jun 7, 2002, 08:30 AM
like me, some people have to wait for the European release if there ever is one and i have no option to import anyway. i'm waaaaaay too poor, i can't even afford a GameCube at the moment O_o.
besides i only got PSO ver.2 about 3 months ago. damn you you uk lateness, you smell!

Yosho
Jun 7, 2002, 11:32 AM
I wanna Import but I cant find the KB anywhere! X_x

BrokenHope
Jun 7, 2002, 12:29 PM
http://www.ncsx.com have everything including the kb

Malkavian
Jun 7, 2002, 12:46 PM
If all works in a PAL gamecube I will

And... if I use action replay to load the game it will work right?¿ Actually the AR load jp and us games.

DarthWufei
Jun 7, 2002, 12:57 PM
Do you guys think Sega will fix up the US servers for E1&2?

Yosho
Jun 7, 2002, 01:34 PM
On 2002-06-07 10:29, LuvSlave wrote:
http://www.ncsx.com have everything including the kb

ahhh thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif, only think now to do is see if Episode I & II will have an ENG setting which 9 times outta ten I think it will http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

rbf2000
Jun 7, 2002, 01:37 PM
On 2002-06-07 00:07, QueenBee wrote:
We are all praying that you can mod a US GC. Thats what Cube and I are both doing, i know Wata has a JP modded GC, but we r all pretty sure u can just mod a US GC and it will work fine.

To put your worrys to rest, I had my US GCN modded to play JP games and it works fine, so it's 100% possible to do.

rbf2000
Jun 7, 2002, 05:03 PM
On 2002-06-07 03:18, RedFox wrote:
all you americans have it so easy! try finding a reliable place to get a consol modded in the UK!!! my local importers have a nasty reputation of having "lost" a few PS2s instead of modding them!!! i know that there are reliable places to get consoles modded but after hearing about a service that could "lose" my GC i think i will just wait for the UK release even though i want it now!!! so i'll be seeing u all onine in 2007 when we finally get a release!!

its a great shame that colour consoles dont offer an internatoinal service... again us UK users are left to wait...

http://www.bakaneko.com/gc
I'm not sure if he ships internationally, but he did figure out a pal mod, and he was the one that originally discovered the jp/us mod. I had my GC modded there. The mod worked great, but the LED light stopped working... I'm talking to him now about getting it fixed.

Ziggy-san
Jun 7, 2002, 09:48 PM
Keke...uhh...when is the Japanese version being released? I forgot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DarthWufei
Jun 7, 2002, 10:19 PM
August 8th

X-thirteen
Jun 7, 2002, 10:43 PM
yosho, your sig is 80000+ bytes. remember a big sig does not represent a big penis.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: X-thirteen on 2002-06-07 20:44 ]</font>