PDA

View Full Version : GC: Starting Online

Gjl
Jul 4, 2004, 08:05 AM
As soon as I can get around to setting up my BBA and plugging my Cube into my network I'll be going online after 1-2 years offline play.

Regarding cheating, hacks etc. is there anything I should be wary of like 'serial stealing,' which sounds kind of worrying. Is it possible for people to just steal my serial without me doing knowing, or can I safeguard myself against it?

I've made new characters for online only, namely a Greenil RAcast and Bluefull FOmar and I'm looking for any legits interested in leveling with them (I've given them gear from my offline characters so I'm ok as far as items go, I'd just like some friendly legit people to play with).

I've been lurking on these forums for about a year, and I've got over a years play experience so I'm not completely clueless.

From what people say on these forums, I get the impression that most people online are assholes, so are people online really that bad generally?

Crystal_Shard
Jul 4, 2004, 08:56 AM
Nah, it's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Just be a little tolerant of people - most are just out to play PSO, except for the few
bad apples that get in the way.

It's best if you find someone here who's friendly and willing to meet up online, since
PSOWers are quite nice people generally speaking.

Just don't be too uppitty over small things like legitness and duping, be polite, share
red boxes with people (it's best to make a deal on who gets what before starting) don't
get fussy over small details, and most of all, support your team. ^_^ No one likes
an EXP leech.

Simple stuff really.

EJ
Jul 4, 2004, 09:01 AM
Welcome to PSO online online *hmm..that sounds right i think* Anyway the serial stealing is nothing to worrying about unless you give them your number r any information regarding it. So you really dont need to worrying about. And for the online thing about people being assholes is not true, yes there are assholes online but the majority of people you will meet online are nice people and most are willing to help out. So dont worry about the spammers and othe annoying people online and just enjoy the experience and also avoid vega 1 fsod happens there alot. See you online http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Master_of_Dragons
Jul 4, 2004, 10:46 PM
Just dont drop items on the ground expecting to clean your bank or something... People take then ask, "Can i have this?"

lain2k3
Jul 5, 2004, 02:49 PM
On 2004-07-04 20:46, Master_of_Dragons wrote:
Just dont drop items on the ground expecting to clean your bank or something... People take then ask, "Can i have this?"

What?

I'm pretty sure cleaning out your bank would mean getting rid of stuff. I dont see a problem with letting others take the stuff you dont want?

I dont get it.

BlackHound2
Jul 6, 2004, 06:41 PM
Legit is without cheats or hacks right? But anyway, as soon as I get my cable/modem/thing that lets you go online, I'd be willing to help you out. And does anyone know if people can steal your weapons? -_-

EphekZ
Jul 6, 2004, 07:41 PM
On 2004-07-06 16:41, BlackHound2 wrote:
Legit is without cheats or hacks right? But anyway, as soon as I get my cable/modem/thing that lets you go online, I'd be willing to help you out. And does anyone know if people can steal your weapons? -_-

i heard somthign about f someone fights you and beats you your drop some of your items i dont know if its true or not but ya. also imstarting online also for whoever made this in GC you cant hack or anything so ya in XBOX you can but not GC

Ketchup345
Jul 6, 2004, 07:47 PM
On 2004-07-06 17:41, darkgunner wrote:
i heard somthign about f someone fights you and beats you your drop some of your items i dont know if its true or not but ya. also imstarting online also for whoever made this in GC you cant hack or anything so ya in XBOX you can but not GC

No, that was in the DC version. In the DC version, if you died, you dropped your weapon.

There are hacks and cheats for the GC version (especially the Action Replay).

EphekZ
Jul 6, 2004, 07:59 PM
On 2004-07-06 17:47, Ketchup345 wrote:

No, that was in the DC version. In the DC version, if you died, you dropped your weapon.

o thankyou very much for correcting me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Luis
Jul 7, 2004, 12:19 AM
next month i am going to be online =)

Gjl
Jul 7, 2004, 04:07 AM
I've only met a couple of people from these boards, so I'd like to know where you guys hang out. Normally the only servers with a reasonable amount of people on are Vega (which I avoid thanks to spammers, cheaters and other general idiots) and the JP servers.

When I tried to do CMode on the US servers one asshole thought it would be funny to spam lots of numbers and constantly die on purpose =/, while pretending it was an accident http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif. I've also seen one guy spam peoples serials repeatedly. The only way people can get my account information is if I tell them correct? Or is it possible for people to 'hack' my information?

Currently I am playing the online quests solo for exp, and on Alcyone 6 for C-Mode, trying my best not to look like an ignorant foreigner. It's very difficult to play C-Mode outside of the JP servers due to lack of players and general lack of intelligence.

BlackHound2
Jul 7, 2004, 08:36 AM
I'm not online yet, but when I do I'll private message you. Unless you have any objections 'cause I'd like to find someone online that I can rely on playing with.

(What is Vega anyway?)

Master_of_Dragons
Jul 7, 2004, 09:47 AM
On 2004-07-06 17:47, Ketchup345 wrote:

actually theres some offline multi battle that you do drop your weapon and i think you keep it... i lost my db saber a long time ago to that... o well... pulls out red sword...

Master_of_Dragons
Jul 7, 2004, 09:48 AM
And VEGA is a ship that host all the Hackers/cheaters/beggers/spammers/retardedmonkeydroppings

if your legit this place isn't for you...

lain2k3
Jul 7, 2004, 10:24 AM
On 2004-07-07 02:07, Gjl wrote:
I've only met a couple of people from these boards, so I'd like to know where you guys hang out. Normally the only servers with a reasonable amount of people on are Vega (which I avoid thanks to spammers, cheaters and other general idiots) and the JP servers.

When I tried to do CMode on the US servers one asshole thought it would be funny to spam lots of numbers and constantly die on purpose =/, while pretending it was an accident http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif. I've also seen one guy spam peoples serials repeatedly. The only way people can get my account information is if I tell them correct? Or is it possible for people to 'hack' my information?

Currently I am playing the online quests solo for exp, and on Alcyone 6 for C-Mode, trying my best not to look like an ignorant foreigner. It's very difficult to play C-Mode outside of the JP servers due to lack of players and general lack of intelligence.

I usually avoid deneb too, truthfully. Altair 4 is really the only sane US ship left, and where most of the older members play.