PDA

View Full Version : Psycho Wand - Worth it?

Cc08
Jul 4, 2004, 07:54 PM
Hey, I think I am going to start playing some PSO again. I am 100% offline, and I was wondering if it would be worth it for me to go for a P Wand. I would obviously hunt it from Purplenum Mil Lily, and I know I had piped around 20 in the past with no P Wand (Obviously... 1/205 chance). The only FO I have is a FOnewearl, and I was wondering if the P Wand would be worth it for her. Thanks.

Dyras
Jul 4, 2004, 08:16 PM
http://pso-world.com/images/items/thumbs/psychowandgc.jpg

If anything, for the bragging rights http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

To be serious though, all your tp costs are halved, your hps are drained, but you can heal yourself can't you? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Other than that, I don't know much about it, but good luck should you go for it.

Edit: bleh, the image is larger in the database, but the finder had 340 mils to get it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dyras on 2004-07-04 18:17 ]</font>

LoreSeeker
Jul 4, 2004, 08:49 PM
P Wand is awesome, ESPECIALLY on a FOnewearl. Why? FOnewearls use their techs a lot, so if you can save TP, why not? It also boosts the power of all of your techs, I believe, which makes it even more worthwhile. Your HP is drained a bit, but as long as you're careful not to let it get too low, it's no big deal. Just make a habit out of casting Resta from time to time. P Wand is less necessary on classes which aren't using techs as much, which would pretty much only be FOmars and FOmarls.

Nai_Calus
Jul 4, 2004, 09:10 PM
God, why do people who don't even know what the weapon does post?

Psycho Wand:

Halves TP cost.
Takes full TP cost of tech from your HP.
Boosts Rafoie, Rabarta and Razonde.
Rod-type

Up to you if it's worth it for you. How much do you use Ra-type techs, how much good is the TP cost reduction going to do you, how much of a problem is the HP sucking going to be(Unless you have over 1000 HP at least, I do NOT recommend the use of a Psycho Wand. It is not a lowbie weapon. Too much can go wrong), do you like Rod-type weapons, etc.

If you do use Ra-type techs all the time, find TP usage a problem and have enough HP to not get yourself killed, go ahead and get it. If not... It's not worth it, IMO.

Eihwaz
Jul 4, 2004, 09:26 PM
Ian does make a good point.

If you use Ra-techs a lot with a FOnewm, I'd say use it. It's a great FOnewm weapon. Just make sure you have plenty of HP. O_o;

For a FOnewearl or FOmar, I'd reccomend Prophets of Motav instead, just becuase those two have terribly low HP.

Cc08
Jul 4, 2004, 09:32 PM
For a FOnewearl or FOmar, I'd reccomend Prophets of Motav instead, just becuase those two have terribly low HP. Yeah, that was the other weapon I was hoping to get for my FO by the end of summer. Doubt it though... they are pretty rare.

adamgnome104
Jul 4, 2004, 09:48 PM
It's horrible when your in the low levels though, and don't have a lot of HP. Like me trying to experiment with my FOnewm...He had like 300 HP and the TP drain of the Chaos Bringer killed him with the wand on because it drained HP instead of TP! @_@()

Cc08
Jul 5, 2004, 01:30 PM
Yeah, I have experimented with my friend's duped Dark Bridge on his FO. I can see how low your hp would get if you didn't watch it carefully and resta. So the Psycho Wand's TP cost lowering thing works the same as the Dark Bridge?

lain2k3
Jul 5, 2004, 02:05 PM
Id say its great for fomarls who are supporting a team. (not often in your case) they have the highest hp by a good amount of the forces. They have the lowest tp by a good amount of the forces. Any tp reduction things they can use should be used. It will save a helluva lot on fluids. And since fomarls already have double range on everything, they wont need a striker of chao or marinas bag.

Dyras
Jul 5, 2004, 02:16 PM
God, why do people who don't even know what the weapon does post?

I at least made the effort of responding with as much help as I could offer, it took you what, an hour? As for my knowing of what it does, I did research and came about 80% close to its exact functions and worth, a lot more than most people.

Eihwaz
Jul 5, 2004, 02:22 PM
On 2004-07-04 19:32, Cc08 wrote:
Yeah, that was the other weapon I was hoping to get for my FO by the end of summer. Doubt it though... they are pretty rare.

Yeah, PoM is disgustingly rare. A friend gave me mine...

Er, if you want one, your best odds are doing Oran runs of "From The Depths". Good luck, though, those Dark Bringers are stingy bastards. -__-;

EDIT: Like Lain said. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-07-05 14:39 ]</font>

lain2k3
Jul 5, 2004, 02:27 PM
I think you meant 'disgustingly' rare, eihwaz.

1/12,800 something from a oran dark bringer. Its barely findable online, let alone offline.

Hrith
Jul 5, 2004, 02:58 PM
First, welcome back Cc08, it's really good to see you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Then I say it's incredibly worth it, mine was a fluke, I may say (14th Mil) but it has not left Hed (FOnewearl) since then, sure I sometimes use Summit Moon or Magical Piece, but most of the time I use PW, it gives you 30% to Foie, Zonde, Barta, Rafoie, Razonde, Rabarta, and penetrating Megid on a FOnewearl, in other words, you can pwn either single monsters or groups the fastest without having to change weapons, which is tedious, and the half TP cost is a blessing, you can Megid away Ep2 A LOT LONGER. And online, it allows you to support longer, too.

As for low HP of the FOnl, Hed uses my PW since I found it, she was Lv 120ish, never had problems.

PaleKid15
Jul 5, 2004, 03:07 PM
On 2004-07-05 12:58, Kef wrote:
First, welcome back Cc08, it's really good to see you http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Then I say it's incredibly worth it, mine was a fluke, I may say (14th Mil) but it has not left Hed (FOnewearl) since then, sure I sometimes use Summit Moon or Magical Piece, but most of the time I use PW, it gives you 30% to Foie, Zonde, Barta, Rafoie, Razonde, Rabarta, and penetrating Megid on a FOnewearl, in other words, you can pwn either single monsters or groups the fastest without having to change weapons, which is tedious, and the half TP cost is a blessing, you can Megid away Ep2 A LOT LONGER. And online, it allows you to support longer, too.

As for low HP of the FOnl, Hed uses my PW since I found it, she was Lv 120ish, never had problems.

To the idiot n00bs who misunderstood what he said (I know there are some), He did not mean that P wand GIVES you a 30% basic techs or penetrating megid.

Hmmm... is P wand worth it? Yes... duh...
Highest tp + 1/2 cost spells = pwnage
And because of the FOnys awesome resta (over 1000 hp restored) you can cast quite a few techs, and use one resta to restore all hp. So, yes the P wand is worth it. However, that doesn't mean you should look for it necessarily. Before you decide, make sure you plan on piping until it drops, because if you gie up early, you wasted alot of time.

Nai_Calus
Jul 5, 2004, 04:24 PM
Took me an hour because I didn't see the thread until then. XP I do not spend every second of my life on the boards.

And to the person who asked if it's like the Dark Bridge, yes. Works the same way. PW takes more HP than DB, though. DB only takes half the full cost of the tech from your HP.

Dyras
Jul 5, 2004, 05:40 PM
I don't either, but I happened to be on shortly after he asked, so I looked into it, and gave my answer in a helpful way to the best of my ability. I see no reason for you to be bashing that.

Nai_Calus
Jul 5, 2004, 05:47 PM
Enough false information is spread on the forums as it is. XP And it's not hard to find the appropriate guide and find out exactly what it does before posting if you're not sure. >_>;

PaleKid15
Jul 5, 2004, 05:47 PM
Ian didn't bash or flame. And your last post is off topic spam. Ian has a very good point- If you can't answer the question, don't post. Someone who knows the answer will respond, basically making your response worthless because it is incomplete. No one is making a big deal about this particular case, what Ian said was more in a "for future reference" kind of tone.

As for dark bridge- DB = hack, so it's a little unfair and kind of pointless to compare it to P wand.

Primrose
Jul 5, 2004, 06:22 PM
My information on Psycho Wand that you wont find in the database:

Special: Randomly casts Foie, Barta or Zonde level 11.
Note: Drains 1 HP every fifth second. TP cost is reduced by 50%, subtracts HP at the same amount as the TP that is needed to cast a Technique. Boosts Rafoie, Rabarta, Razonde by 30%.

And again, i wont answer "worth it" questions...

Cc08
Jul 5, 2004, 10:04 PM
sure I sometimes use Summit Moon or Magical PieceWow, thanks for reminding me... I have a magic rock "moola" sitting in a bank that I forgot about... I need to make a Summit Moon soon.
Hmmm... is P wand worth it? Yes... duh... I know it's a great weapon and all, but I'm asking if its worth it for me to spend my time looking for, considering that I am usually playing offline single player.

Vielka
Jul 5, 2004, 10:35 PM
im playing offline single player as well.. I actually enjoy roaming the caves looking/piping for mils.. its actually fun for me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif