PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone legit left?

ChibiDevil
Jul 4, 2004, 08:02 PM
Sometimes i think i am the only legit person left in pso. IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WHO IS LEGIT?!?!?

Kelnis
Jul 4, 2004, 09:32 PM
I like to call myself legit, but, im not sure so many people dupe items any more its hard to get legit items through trading. Otherwise though all my weapons are legit(that which i know for absolute sure), but, my armor my not be. Either way i dont hack, and thats the most dis-honoring form of cheating.

XboxBaller
Jul 4, 2004, 09:37 PM
i dont hack or used any hacked items on my main character. i ahve an old char that i dumped all the hacked crap on which im am deleting since i never play to make room for another char.

i dont see the fun in being able to do 1-3k damage on enemies that only have about 100-200 health in like normal. i mean ur takin the easy way out of the game. it takes away the fun because the fun is being challenged by enemies that are "hard" to kill.

but yah i am legit and i dont use any of the hacks or anything.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2004-07-14 05:53 ]</font>

adamgnome104
Jul 4, 2004, 09:57 PM
There are more Legit people than you think. Some people even have some characters that are legit, and some that arn't. (Like the guy who went into Seabeds with me with a Wand! lmao XD)

Kiri
Jul 4, 2004, 11:02 PM
On 2004-07-04 19:57, adamgnome104 wrote:
There are more Legit people than you think. Some people even have some characters that are legit, and some that arn't. (Like the guy who went into Seabeds with me with a Wand! lmao XD)

it could have been an S-Rank wand...they both look the same.

Para
Jul 4, 2004, 11:30 PM
Theres some new legit people on pso bb.

Asia_Skyly
Jul 5, 2004, 12:44 AM
I share your pain. There are so many times I log on to my Xbox PSO block, the so called legit block, just to find it filled and ridden with dupers, item stackers and people who generally do not have a clue of what being legit means.

I am so sick of joining a game just to see Flame Garments wearing, Yas 7000 wielding, Robochao users who 1) swear to be legit, and 2) have no freaking idea where their items come from 3) lie about (I got my "Yas 7000 in the caves or the mines I cannot remember") I could count with my 10 fingers, the players left on PSO who are legit. It is a sad state of affairs.

On the Xbox legit means, with a 99% likelyhood of being true, not trading, finding your items, and while knowing, resisting the temptations of the duping and stacking. This means you STILL suffer when you are 6 Star Atomizers short, because you still remember they cost 5000 meseta a piece. It means running the Forest 20 times, finding 1 photon drop and being happy because you FOUND something. It is a horribly sad state of affairs, and one that usually makes me ponder why I have a hunters license.

I am with you. I truly feel your pain. I often think that my name should be Asia Sky, the last of the Legiticans.

Superguppie
Jul 5, 2004, 03:50 AM
I see you're on GC. I am too. And me, and some of my friends are legit. We play almost every day. Main reason we haven't met is probably that we are Europeans (so we are probably asleep by the time you get to play) I also see Vega is your favorite place to go. Well, from what I know that's a cheaters hotspot. Try finding other places with some people in'em. Chances are you will run into a bunch of legits that have fled Vega.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Jul 5, 2004, 02:06 PM
I'm sort of split on Cheating and legit characters. I don't particularly use anything that's hacked, just dupes. Of course you wouldn't like me if you met me anyway, I'm not the nicest person in the world.

LoreSeeker
Jul 5, 2004, 04:27 PM
I've found that a lot of people who cheat in some manner also have a couple characters that are completely legit as well. As long as you avoid the bad blocks, there's pretty much always going to be a "legits only" game. The only problem with those is that you usually end up playing with the same people over and over again.

Master_of_Dragons
Jul 5, 2004, 06:52 PM
but yah i am legit and i dont use any of the *** hacks or anything.

READ THE RULES!!! My god, people and the rulebreaking...

shifter
Jul 5, 2004, 09:26 PM
as far as i know im legit. i say that cause while i was online, i traded for few items that i still have questions about(specially my yas 7k), but as soon as i found one on my own, ill drop it. but the hacked stuff i did have is gone(hacked sato with 195 pow), its no fun to kill something in one hit.

AYY-BEE-CEE
Jul 6, 2004, 12:02 PM
I go to Deneb 09 and there are usually a few legit only games about (most people inside ARE legit it seems). The other games usually contain legits too, I don't often see many bad people there (apart from the occasional Vega-reject spamming in lobby 1).

XrazorbladeX
Jul 9, 2004, 07:18 AM
I play legit. I go basically go to any popular lobby looking for a legit game to participate in. I sometimes find them in Vega, sometimes in Deneb 09. I recently had a brilliant legit game in Deneb 09, with a couple of people I would like to mention for being really nice people;

Would GJL, Linna and SIMONE.exe please take a bow http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

These three are some really nice guys I met, and they are legit. Me and GJL even met up on EP3 later on and had a Tourny, which was ace.

If you ever see a character called Infection 13 wondering about, thats me. I am legit, so give me a shout!

Rem

P.S I just made a new character, a FOmar called Skeletor xD so if you see him, shout! Legit player looking for a game! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DesertFox
Jul 9, 2004, 02:42 PM
On Davburite 10 for Xbox, which is supposed to be a legit block, has a lot of item stackers and cheaters. The worst part is these people say they are legit when they are obviously stacking and doing 6000 damage per hit with the baranz launcher charge attack.

digigram
Jul 9, 2004, 03:29 PM
fox.. I have never seen that happening, I only know of ONE person that stacks and have never seen (out of the 2 people I know to use baranz) someone hitting for 6000 each enemy using that weapon... you're generalizing the few idiots you have seen lately that have come on to DAV 10 and have ruined it.

all the people I know (that I play with) have moved to a new block/lobby anyhow, there has been less freezing and less hassle due to idiots coming in and calling people with Lvl 180 characters and a Bu-EI over their head "noobs"...

gream-green
Jul 9, 2004, 03:49 PM
On 2004-07-04 22:44, Asia_Skyly wrote:
It is a horribly sad state of affairs, and one that usually makes me ponder why I have a hunters license.

Makes Gream Sad http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Tycho
Jul 11, 2004, 11:46 PM
i am legit. but tho i forget sometimes, tho i dislike cheating, i dont necessarily dislike cheaters; i guess just being and playing together with people you like still is more important in pso. thus, i do play with cheaters, as well as with legits.

Zinger314
Jul 12, 2004, 12:00 AM
On 2004-07-09 13:29, digigram wrote:
fox.. I have never seen that happening, I only know of ONE person that stacks and have never seen (out of the 2 people I know to use baranz) someone hitting for 6000 each enemy using that weapon... you're generalizing the few idiots you have seen lately that have come on to DAV 10 and have ruined it.
Hmm...so I guess they make 381% Barnaz Launchers now, eh? Tis sad...if you are going to make a 381% weapon, atleast let it combo. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Regardless, I think that the only legit people on PSOX I know are Asia and Stika. Gah...how I wanted to be legit.

Just tell me when you start seeing FOnewearls doing 2,000 damage on PSOX...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Asia_Skyly
Jul 12, 2004, 11:42 AM
I have seen the Fonewearl doing 2K damage in forest with a red handgun. Sickening. There is a ton of legit players, somehow, we all manage to play at sligthly different time. I would say that at any one time there are about 5. Which means someone will be the odd man out and someone will have to play with the hacking noobs that now plague Dav 10. When that happens, I rather run solo towers with my Hucast looking for Demonic Fork.

XboxBaller
Jul 12, 2004, 01:16 PM
On 2004-07-04 19:37, XboxBaller wrote:
i dont hack or used any hacked items on my main character. i ahve an old char that i dumped all the hacked crap on which im am deleting since i never play to make room for another char.

i dont see the fun in being able to do 1-3k damage on enemies that only have about 100-200 health in like normal. i mean ur takin the easy way out of the game. it takes away the fun because the fun is being challenged by enemies that are "hard" to kill.

but yah i am legit and i dont use any of the gay hacks or anything.

sorry about the choice of words there. If i offended anyone im very very sorry. I hadnt revisited the rules in a while. I didnt mean to make anyone mad wit the choice of word used in that last sentence.
My bad.

Anyway, we should like make mayb a new legit block, or we should make a day where all us fellow legits like meet up and play. Or atleast something like that. Whatever is nessesarry.

digigram
Jul 12, 2004, 02:01 PM
Well, that won't work... on xbox DAV-10 has been the legit block for a while, now it has been overrun, meaing 50% of is now people boxing and using totally hacked/modified items and methods.

I was playing a normal game the other day and some guy came into our team on DAV-10 asking if anyone could "hook him up with a luminous field that was all 'hacked up and shit'"... I bursted out "dude, get out, don't you realize what ship/block you're on, this is the legitimate block,no hacks allowed." he then proceeded to threaten us (literally), came back with his level 200 boxed up character and said he'd "rape us" in battle mode, well OBVIOUSLY... the guy stuck around for a bit longer proceeding to say, to our ignoring the hell out of his strange and retarded ramblings of...

"i'm gonna hack you, hack you hack you hack, your not going to find any rares, you sloppy motherfuckers, you suck, i'll rape you rape you rape you rapppppppeeeeeeee i'm so hacked you suck your not going to find any rares how the fuck do you feel now." etc etc etc.

some white kid. probably from arkansas, acting totally G'd out and making a total ass of himself.

so my friends and I have secretly made a new legit block.. hopefully no dumb ass pimply wannabe gangtsers come in there. lol.

Ness
Jul 12, 2004, 02:22 PM
On 2004-07-04 18:02, ChibiDevil wrote:
Sometimes i think i am the only legit person left in pso. IS THERE ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WHO IS LEGIT?!?!?

The Last Legit (http://www.pso-world.com/user.php?op=userinfo&uname=TeamPhalanx)

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I just couldn't resist.

Sitka
Jul 12, 2004, 02:43 PM
The hackers and cheaters aren't going to keep me from looking for friends on Dav 10. Most of the guys I enjoy playing with are there and if you're trying to get a c-mode game going, there really isn't anywhere else on xbox to go.

Most of the guys I've been playing with use voice ban, dc out of games with cheating jerks and try to avoid the inevitable confrontations with the young hackers who are trying to be soooo badddd.

Most of us can be fairly tolerant of someone using a red ring or using some form of a dupe/cheat. Most of us have done it ourselves (either on dc or on this platform), learned our lessons and changed our ways, so helping someone else learn how to play legit or better is the right thing to do.

It's the intolerant assholes, uber-hackers or uber-legits that really smoke my plate. A box-whore stealing legit is just as bad as an experience stealing hacker - they both result in an unpleasant gaming experience.

So, I'll continue to hang out on Dav 10, card search my friends if they're somewhere else, voice ban the want-a-be j-sword users, look for an open spot on c-mode games and hope the guys joining my "Skyly Legit" games respect my interest in playing a certain way as I repect their right to play their way.

Anyone up for c-mode?

Zarode
Jul 13, 2004, 03:19 AM
Neh, I'm legit, and I know my weps ARE legit, thank you very much. The only one I traded for was my Twin Chakram, which WAS legit. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I tell you, Deneb 9 is like monkey s*x for people that like playing legit. Problem, adventualy(sp?) too many people will come. Another problem, I am kinda getting tired of playing at the JP Cmode server, JUST TO PLAY CMODE. No legits like to play Cmode anymore. I just had a hacking problem with an FSOD in a Cmode game. Just me and this one guy in Stage 2, Episode II. The a*shole hacked his level. I asked him why, and he never answered. >:P Ya, thanks for risking my weps, a*s.

tor
Jul 13, 2004, 11:47 AM
I have a legit group called Legit Knights and I'm the leader.

Aurra
Jul 15, 2004, 02:46 AM
On 2004-07-09 05:18, XrazorbladeX wrote:
I recently had a brilliant legit game in Deneb 09, with a couple of people I would like to mention for being really nice people;

Would GJL, Linna and SIMONE.exe please take a bow http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

*bows* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Thought I was gone for good, eh? EH!? Well, I was bored so I thought I'd stop by here, and randomly found this post! I was like, "Cool!"

Any time you want to play again, Infection, just send me a mail!

*waves to SuperGuppie because he's a familiar face*

Jkid
Jul 15, 2004, 08:55 AM
Here's something worse as well

At these legit blocks, you can't find a game that matches your difficultly level, or worse they have a game avaiable but it's locked or they're doing TTF.

Lenard
Jul 16, 2004, 08:23 PM
I like to play as legitly as possible, however i do dupe my items for fear of loosing them to some a** and to help my friends out who rnt online. And last i knew the sato with 195 power and 5 def was a mag cell mag but the lvl 1300 pushan with 325 def 325 pow 325 dex and 325 mind was kacked http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Gjl
Jul 17, 2004, 06:49 AM
On 2004-07-15 00:46, Aurra wrote:

On 2004-07-09 05:18, XrazorbladeX wrote:
I recently had a brilliant legit game in Deneb 09, with a couple of people I would like to mention for being really nice people;

*bows* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Thought I was gone for good, eh? EH!? Well, I was bored so I thought I'd stop by here, and randomly found this post! I was like, "Cool!"

Any time you want to play again, Infection, just send me a mail!

*waves to SuperGuppie because he's a familiar face*

Yeah I'd love another game with you people. It's getting to the point where I have to make locked rooms and play by myself =/. Whenever I make open games I label them clearly as LEGIT, but this doesn't stop assholes strolling in pretending to be legit. What really pisses me off is when people claim to be legit when they blatantly aren't.

Here's about as much as I can remember of an amusing conversation I had with some guy after I asked to inspect his equipment (He was wearing a kasami bracer and flame garment which I bet were duped):

Me: WTF you have 15 weapons with huge %s
(like 100/90/90/0. And on shit weapons like Last Survivors too. Anyone who has played long enough to get enough PDs for 1 sphere should know you don't blow that kind of material on junk)
Idiot1: You can use photon drops to raise %s you know
Me: Yeah duped photon drops
Idiot: No I find all my drops and spheres offline!
Me: So how many fucking drops have you found? 5000?
Me: You cant find spheres offline
Idiot2: I GIVE HIM MY SPHERES
Idiot2: IDIOT IS LEGIT!!!STFU!!!

Since I couldn't be bothered to deal with these dupers in denial any longer and they weren't gonna think otherwise I just quit the game and left the guy to suck his cheating friend off for more duped Pdrops. No point hanging around and wasting time with a bunch of dumb fuckers. Plus they were lvl 150 in a very hard game. Obviously they didn't come to have fun playing the game.

Honestly I wouldn't give a shit about any of these cheaters if they would just fuck off and learn to read room names/get a clue. If you cheat that's your problem but if I state that I don't want to play with people that can clean out an entire room before I've finished piping down to Ragol then that's my choice.

heyf00L
Jul 18, 2004, 12:40 PM
When you ask if someone is legit you really have to be more specific. A lot of PSO players have it in their mind that as long as you don't MAKE the dupes/hacks that you're legit. To them using a dupe/hack is perfectly fine.

To really be legit, tho, you can't use a dupe/hack. Playing with people that aren't legit is borderline, but I do sometimes.

I'm legit all the way, but I don't want to say where I play PSO these days. My last 2 homes got overrun by kids that think bigger of themself by ruining other people's fun.

digigram
Jul 20, 2004, 08:31 PM
when i ask if someone is legit or not I ask...

"are you a jackass"? and when they say 'what'?, I say, "nevermind" and when they bust out the dark flow or unsealed J hitting for thousands of points, I say, "thats what i meant" and they say, "huh". "I asked if you were a jackass earlier, did you read the room name, clearly named *NO-HACKS* ...."yes.." they reply, "i'm legit, i've been playing forever", "where'd you get the dark flow"?, "dark falz dropped it".......

you. are. cool.

GranSquall
Jul 21, 2004, 08:11 AM
well im going to admit that one of my chars is not legit u know i dupe have maxstats and multiequip this char is only lvl 30 and is th very hard mines but all my other chars are legit but the only thing ide never do is hack... but i dont know does having 1 illegit char make me illegit

Tycho
Jul 21, 2004, 12:36 PM
On 2004-07-21 06:11, GranSquall wrote:
well im going to admit that one of my chars is not legit u know i dupe have maxstats and multiequip this char is only lvl 30 and is th very hard mines but all my other chars are legit but the only thing ide never do is hack... but i dont know does having 1 illegit char make me illegit

you're only illegit as long as you're playing the cheat chara. as a person you're both, you've seen both sides.

GranSquall
Jul 21, 2004, 02:56 PM
alright i get it

digigram
Jul 21, 2004, 03:17 PM
honestly.. who cares. look past this game... use some punctuation... live a little.

who cares who cares who cares.

Giezus
Jul 21, 2004, 06:26 PM
I dont have all legit characters, but mose of the stuff I use is legit (I wish I could say the same for my friend though). My only non-legit characters is mr RAmar, Giezus. He uses a legit mag (lvl 200 Pushan) and no hacked items (i.e. God/Units++, Al Rappys, any weapon that has over 100% on any attribute) but does use dupes/things I got in trades. Hell, I dont even let him use any weapon that has a total of 100% of the combine attributes.

As for my other characters, their as legit as legit can get. I like to roam around Dav 10 alot, especially late night.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Giezus on 2004-07-21 16:27 ]</font>

Mew2baby
Jul 27, 2004, 02:27 AM
IGN has the biggest group of legit people, some of you people say your legit, and your not by definition.

iamfanboy
Jul 27, 2004, 06:45 PM
On 2004-07-18 10:40, heyf00L wrote:

To really be legit, tho, you can't use a dupe/hack. Playing with people that aren't legit is borderline, but I do sometimes.

I'm legit all the way, but I don't want to say where I play PSO these days. My last 2 homes got overrun by kids that think bigger of themself by ruining other people's fun.

I am one of those borderline people that plays with f00l sometimes, and while I disagree with him on a few points, when we play together we keep our mouths shut, our arguements to ourselves, and enjoy (because he's a damn fine player and I like to believe I am too.)

I will admit, I keep backups of all my stuff on a USB memory card (which isn't covered PRECISELY in the ToS, but is still probably breaking the rules somewhere). If I were to corrupt, I would keep my mouth shut for a while, research how to do AR codes, and remake my characters at EXACTLY the same levels they were on because I have spent too long getting them where they are to simply let them fall by the wayside without a fight.

But neither of those hurt the game for my dear friends online or even violate the spirit of the ToS (no matter how much both play tiddlywinks with the exact wording). Any n00bmar in the game wearing flame garments, red rings, and using 300% BKBs, any RAmar using Guld Milla and hacked Spread Needles, and any retard that simply decides, "Hey, today I'm going to be level 200!" instead of working their ass off to get there...

Those are what wreck the game.

That and FSOD, not to mention corruption.

Oh, and uber-legits who can't tell the difference between 'law' and 'morality'. But we won't go into that. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

goku4ever
Jul 31, 2004, 08:29 AM
Im offline only so im legit.

Solstis
Jul 31, 2004, 09:15 AM
On 2004-07-27 00:27, Mew2baby wrote:
IGN has the biggest group of legit people, some of you people say your legit, and your not by definition.

Then go play with those IGN people who are legit by THEIR definition.

Have fun!

And yes, there are legit people left. Just less of them, as players begin to fade away....

[/MacArthur]

Zeik123
Aug 1, 2004, 03:31 PM
I'm offline as well nd let me tell you something. Youu can be offline and be a cheater. It's a little something called duping. Maxing stats is also cheating. I know because I dupe a little my self. Small duping isn't bad but hacking weapons if pure cheating. Personaly I don't even know how to hack.

JarinKail
Aug 5, 2004, 04:09 AM
I'm legit. I play PSOX. Gamertag is pottropolis. Anyone down to play a good game, look me up.

Miroku77
Aug 5, 2004, 04:13 AM
Im legit, i play on PSO GC

Mystil
Aug 5, 2004, 04:27 PM
On 2004-07-31 06:29, goku4ever wrote:

Seeing as it is possible to dupe offline.

*whistles*

klepto
Aug 18, 2004, 11:02 PM
Back when I played online (and hopefully when I get back online) Altair 1 usually had quite a few legit games in it. Aside from that I was friends with most of the regulars there. Even non-legits who hang out in Altair 1 usually arent assholes. Deneb 9 works too.

dv_Solus
Aug 23, 2004, 01:25 PM
my lvl 126 Humar is legit

but i do have a lvl 36 Ramar that has some hacked stuff in the bank.

LoreSeeker
Aug 23, 2004, 07:14 PM
On 2004-08-05 14:27, Silhouette wrote:

On 2004-07-31 06:29, goku4ever wrote:

Seeing as it is possible to dupe offline.

*whistles*

Offline players have free reign over their game, because they aren't bound by a ToS. Legitimate is defined as being in compliance with the law, and online, the ToS is "law" (poorly enforced as it may be). Because the ToS doesn't affect offline players, they can do anything and still be in compliance with the law. Technicality? Indeed, but everyone else seems to enjoy them. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Superguppie
Aug 24, 2004, 10:09 AM
Legit is often meant as "not cheating". Being offline doesn't mean "not cheating"...

LoreSeeker
Aug 24, 2004, 04:45 PM
From Dictionary.com:
le-git-i-mate
adj.

1. Being in compliance with the law; lawful

The ToS doesn't affect offline players. There are no standards for offline players when it comes to having a legitimate character. Therefore, offline players who use glitches (stat max, for example) can not be labeled as being illegitimate. A more accurate title would be exploiter, one who exploits glitches in the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LoreSeeker on 2004-08-24 15:13 ]</font>

Superguppie
Aug 25, 2004, 05:08 AM
And I was saying legit is now often used for "not cheating". The ToS has NOTHING to do with what is cheating and what isn't. Offline cheating is very well possible, so people stating "I am online, so I am legit" often meaning they don't cheat) are morons.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Aug 26, 2004, 01:34 AM
Ok how about this. Cheating would give an someone an unfair advantage over others correct? There's no one you would have an advantage over if all you do is play offline and alone. A more important point is that nobody cares what you do with your game offline. If you cheat or not it won't effect anyone else.

Superguppie
Aug 26, 2004, 02:29 AM
Then why are AR codes for offline single-player games still called cheats? The unfair advantage is probably that you can boast on beating the game, by making it easier...

PS2_Master0
Aug 27, 2004, 06:22 PM
Although i am offline, i have not cheated nor exploited any glitches in the game so far... so even if i was online i could still call myself legit.

RamarBassist
Aug 28, 2004, 01:20 PM
im not online yet but i will be next month and i will only play legit, the items i have might be hacked (the ones i traded for) but im not sure. when i get online though, im only playing legit

-Ged-
Aug 29, 2004, 06:46 PM
I have been legit since the DC version... although I did have some dodgy stuff back in those days, I think it was actually hard to have any legit stuff on the DC version...

However, online on the Xbox version I play completely legit...

RamarBassist
Aug 30, 2004, 12:12 PM
i think that hacking is ridiculous, if your gonna hack a video game, y even bother playing? it defeats the purpose of a video game, does any one else agree with me?

Zinger314
Aug 30, 2004, 12:36 PM
On 2004-08-30 10:12, RamarBassist wrote:
i think that hacking is ridiculous, if your gonna hack a video game, y even bother playing? it defeats the purpose of a video game, does any one else agree with me?

Hell no.

The purpose of a video game is to play it how ever you want.

RedSchwar
Aug 30, 2004, 03:01 PM
How is this right?

Can I say: The point of "X activity" is to do it however you want?

No!! Have some consideration for other people. I know it's difficult but I promise it will make you a better person in the long run.

Solstis
Aug 30, 2004, 04:46 PM
This is STILL going on?

Why?

Giezus
Aug 30, 2004, 05:03 PM
Yah, it started from "Any Legits Left" to "Lets Define Legit and How Its Important To Our Daily Lives".

If I where a mod, I would lock this before it moves onto the "Legits vs Cheaters" subject. But Im not, so...

EDIT: After reading some of the more recent posts, Ive noticed its starting to turn into Legit vs Cheaters...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Giezus on 2004-08-30 15:05 ]</font>

ChibiDevil
Aug 30, 2004, 07:04 PM
WOW!!! I never realized how much of a controversy this would cause.

LoreSeeker
Aug 30, 2004, 07:49 PM
On 2004-08-30 17:04, ChibiDevil wrote:
WOW!!! I never realized how much of a controversy this would cause.

What can I say? It's very controversial. Not only that, but many of the people here (including myself) enjoy arguments. Generally, I think of the Cheaters forum as a place where such arguments are natural, which is why I come here on a regular basis.

Skuda
Aug 31, 2004, 03:42 AM
You'd think arguments would be more suitable for Rants wouldn't you?

Dragonia
Sep 15, 2004, 07:22 PM
I know for a fact im legit im.
I only use items i find

Corey
Sep 15, 2004, 08:09 PM
Date of post.

Then again I dunno wether or not this is a bumped topic or not...but I think it is.

Shadowpawn
Sep 15, 2004, 08:14 PM
On 2004-09-15 18:09, Corey wrote:
Date of post.

Then again I dunno wether or not this is a bumped topic or not...but I think it is.

It's bumped...a n00b doing it...to gain post.

ForceOfBrokenGlass
Sep 16, 2004, 12:54 PM
Does it matter? this is still on the first page, does that count as being bumped?

Corey
Sep 16, 2004, 02:18 PM
Actually, I think it does...
Someone said something about not bumping up topics that are 15 days old/month old even if they are on the first page.
Don't quote me on that though, I might be imagining things.

RedSchwar
Sep 16, 2004, 02:19 PM
If the board is so inactive then nobody should care. In fact they should be thankful that there's at least SOME activity. Makes sense.

BOmar
Sep 16, 2004, 02:21 PM
On 2004-09-15 18:14, Shadowpawn wrote:

If he is a n00b for breaking rules, then you are also one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I remember reading that also Corey. Perhaps the time needed for something to be a bump varies depending on the section?

Corey
Sep 16, 2004, 02:50 PM
Maybe, I do not know.

And Cheaters will always be active as long as there are unlegits and legits. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Shadowpawn
Sep 16, 2004, 02:54 PM
On 2004-09-16 12:21, BOmar wrote:

On 2004-09-15 18:14, Shadowpawn wrote:

If he is a n00b for breaking rules, then you are also one http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I remember reading that also Corey. Perhaps the time needed for something to be a bump varies depending on the section?

No he's a n00b for doing it on serveral topics in different sections (that are really old.) Not posting first in the lobby and he had about 5 post when I saw he do this. No offense but that pretty n00bish...this topic should just die...

Corey
Sep 16, 2004, 02:56 PM
It's newbish.
n00b.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
Serverd111

Can we say,
FKL?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-09-16 12:56 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Sep 16, 2004, 02:57 PM
On 2004-09-16 12:56, Corey wrote:
It's newbish.
n00b.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
Serverd111

Can we say,
FKL?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-09-16 12:56 ]</font>

That wasn't called for!!!!
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Me sad...
Yeah bring to FKL so I can death stamp it!!!

RappyBreeder
Sep 19, 2004, 08:54 AM
On 2004-07-04 18:02, ChibiDevil wrote:

dont worry chibidevil ur not alone i think all kinda of unlegitly things is just damn wrong

Corey
Sep 19, 2004, 10:10 AM
You know, stereo typing unlegits isn't getting you anywhere.

SotiCoto
Sep 22, 2004, 11:33 AM
Just a random thought here, and its probably not going to be appreciated since I'm new here....

But I don't like the terms 'hacker' and 'legit'. They have severe stereotypes attached to them as far as I'm concerned... and people don't generally fit perfectly into one or other category.

Now... try this for size.

I do NOT consider myself legit....
I've never played the GC version online, only offline. All my weapons I found in the wild. I have no idea how to duplicate, hack, alter the game data or anything. All that is completely beyond a relative simpleton like myself.
What DO I do then?
I make new characters just to get new mags of a particular colour. I make characters just to TRAIN particular special mags, then give these level 200 mags to other characters for them to use to completely own the earlier difficulty levels, and allow them to wield weapons that they shouldn't be able to at that level. Yeah, cos a mag with 195 mind and 4 Angel/Mind++ units can make for a hefty MST boost for a Force. I calculate the names of my characters for specific section IDs.... And all in all, I don't think any of these things are technically fair ways of playing the game.

More importantly though..... Back on the DC version, I used to use an Xploder disk, so I was most certainly not legitimate then. I didn't PK, or BSOD, or FSOD, or any of that crap. I didn't have super-enhanced weapons or armour. I DID however have to play with an Anti-PK code and Anti-FSOD code active at all times, and I had a tendency to use Inf Health and Inf TP codes offline..... Oh yeah, and I used to use the coloured-text code. My job on the DC servers was to protect newbs from harmful hackers, since I had the benefits of the protective codes.

So all in all, I'd never consider myself legit. My first character, Nightshade (HUcaseal, Bluefull) is the only character I have played through 100% fairly with, because clearly I can't have awesome items without a character to go get them first. I wouldn't call her legit either, cos she is my character.

What its about is the whole social issues behind it.
I won't ever call myself legit simply because I do not want to get involved in the ever-present 'Legit versus Hacker' war. I hate the words, both of 'em.

.. And when I go online for the first time with Nightshade, or Spectre... or any of my lesser characters.... I'm not going to go looking for legits or hackers or whatever. I'm probably just going to start a game on my own, play on my own for a while and wait for someone to show up, and if they want to play fair, then I'll play fair. The old way. The way it should have been.
I can be a simple person, and thats not necessarily a bad thing.

[All typed to the tune of 'Can still see the light' piano version.]