PDA

View Full Version : (GASP!)

Strider_Gren
Jun 7, 2002, 12:42 AM
I have never played PSO. That's right...I was going to buy a Dreamcast until I heard of development of the GCN version. I changed my mind and decided to wait...That was 1 year ago. Anyway, my question, is ageneral one that anyone who has used an online capable console can answer...When choosing an ISP, do you have to use a major one like Earthlink or AT&T or can you put in your local area ISP, like, in my case Missippi Valley. If you can, I'd be all right considering that's what I use on my computer. This is probably a no-brainer question for you all, but it's one I don't know the answer to.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Strider_Gren on 2002-06-06 22:44 ]</font>

CodeName62
Jun 7, 2002, 01:21 AM
Hmm, I don't know much about the Game Cube, but I'll tell you how the ISPs were for the Dreamcast. On the Dreamcast you are allowed to use any ISP just as long as it was PPP capable. As you see, it could of been either local or major ISP, just as long as it was PPP capable.

I am sure that the Game Cube will allow you to use local ISPs. I just don't know which ISPs are compatible with it. There are alot of people that use their computer's ISP to get online with their consoles. I hope this information helps you.

Strider_Gren
Jun 7, 2002, 07:05 PM
Thank You...and it does help..