PDA

View Full Version : Mag evolutions with one stat

Poopsie
Jul 5, 2004, 03:48 AM
Hi everyone, first post here, been lurking a couple months =) Great site.

Anywho, I'm curious as to how a mag evolves when it only has one of the 3 primary stats used to evolve it (Pow, dex, mind)

Does it just go down the line of the listed stats and take the first it comes to? Based off the order giving in game Def, Pow, Dex, Mind. IE lets say I've got a mag of 25 def, 9 mind and I give it another point in mind. would it take the Mind > Pow > Dex for the lvl 35 evolution? Would this also be the case if say 2 of the stats are equal and another is higher. Say 5/8/8/14 it would take the same evolution? Is this correct?

I'm basing this assumption off of this thread

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=84023&forum=7

and what I've seen on the evolution charts.

Currently wanting to build a 45/0/0/155 bana mag (which that thread helped a bunch) but I'm also curious if that is how the evolution works for later refrences. Friend started to build one too and got PO'ed because at level 50 it evolved into something other than what we expected and got Golla for the PB (instead of Estella like we thought we could(which I've now noticed we can do that, just not the way we planned)

Xaos127
Jul 5, 2004, 04:54 AM
When you first open PSOW you look on the left and you will see a link saying MAGS, click it and all your questions will be anserwed and more. And welcome to PSOW http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Poopsie
Jul 5, 2004, 06:03 AM
Thanks for your attempt to help me. But I have looked over those guides MANY times before I posted this and they did not give me the answer I was looking for (else I wouldn't have posted) And I also did a search on the forums but only yeilded that one thread that was usefull to me (maybe I missed it, but thats the only good one I found in my search)

Maybe I'll try to restate the question a bit better.

I have a mag with 40 def, 0 pow, 0 dex, and 9 mind. If I fed it and it gained one more point in mind which evolution would it get? The Mind > Pow > Dex?? or Mind > Dex > Pow? Since both power and dex and at 0, neither of them are greater than each other and I'm wondering which evolution path it would take.

Based on what I've seen in the thread I linked to in my first post, and the Evolution charts under the Mag section. I would assume the priorities for such a case are Pow, Dex, Mind. So with my above statement It would take the Mind > Pow > Dex path. But I don't KNOW this for sure and would like for someone to confirm this for me.

Poopsie

MechanicalArt
Jul 5, 2004, 08:27 AM
You could go to the download section and get mag feeder program and see what it turns out to be.

Malkavian
Jul 5, 2004, 08:39 AM
Heh I don't know the details. And also the solution has been changed from DC to GC. In DC it followed a straight pattern. If there was a draw in 2 stats it was decided as POW>DEX>MIND in example. I don't remember exactly.

In GC I saw is more weird. For example a mag with many POW and mind and dex 0. Could become a MIND>POW>DEX mag. Is quite useful if you like that mind mag but need pow on your mag. Again I don't know the details about how it works...

Sorry for not being of much help http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Nai_Calus
Jul 5, 2004, 08:48 AM
Problem with the mag feeder/mag farmer is that they don't take equal evos into account. How many people know that a L50+ Mag with MIND=DEX>POW turns into a Kama on a B-type HU? Now that PSOW has that info up, a few, I'm sure, but back when they didn't... *shrug*

And I'm not really sure how it works, never encountered POW and DEX being equal under MIND or no POW or DEX.

Best way to be sure, though, if you're aiming for a MIND>DEX>POW or MIND>POW>DEX evo is to put a single level of the applicable one on the Mag. 44/0/1/155, for example, makes sure that it's MIND>DEX>POW and doesn't try to take a MIND>POW>DEX evo. Same thing goes for evolving it at L50. If it HAS to be the one, you can try either soft resetting and seeing if it's random, or you can just sacrifice a basically useless level of DEF for a useless level of POW/DEX. *shrug* Ugly, perhaps, but if it will save you headaches.

What it might do if there are incomplete levels is look at which bar is farther along, but I don't know for sure. I'd need to raise a Mag to test. Unless someone here actually knows for certain, since I don't have the free time to test, it might be fastest to just do the random level of the applicable stat.

Poopsie
Jul 5, 2004, 08:52 AM
Hmmm, thanks. Just went and tried the mag feeder. It gave the same results we expected to get but that isn't what we got. Will have to double check with friend bout what the mag ended up being. Belive at 50 it went to Kumara. We wanted Ila, and thats also what the Mag feeder said it would be (Ila)

Maybe later this week I'll try to figure out an easy and quick plan to get some tests done with mags having tied stats.

Anywho, thanks for the replies gotta get to bed now.

Night (well morning really, but I sleep in mornings http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Poopsie