PDA

View Full Version : Which is better for Cmode?

Eihwaz
Jul 5, 2004, 03:47 PM
For Cmode, which do you Cmode vets think is better? HUcast or HUcaseal? Tell which one you think is better in which Episode of Cmode.

Thanks in advance.

Shigecki
Jul 5, 2004, 04:46 PM
Both are good for either episodes. Both have traps, but the higher evade on Hucaseals combined with the higher ata for me make this a better c-mode char. The higher ata make it easier for the HUcaseals to equip a handgun of some sort or mechguns in later stages, earlier.

But the HUcasts power combined with traps make them also a great c-mode char. Basically either one is a good c-mode char, and I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I would say, HUcast for ep 1, and HUcaseals for ep 2.

Sharkyland
Jul 5, 2004, 05:01 PM
It all depends oh how you would like to fight, imo...

For Episode 2:
If you are a HUcast
- close range fighting
- maybe equipping a gun
- attackin gal griffon's foot and head
- being up close and personal laying the killing on every monster

If you are a HUcaseal
- if you like fighting from a range protecting your teammates using guns from ---chic beams and delsabers
- you can attack the head of gal griffon with a saber when doing the lighting but overall you can hit his head or wing

Mixfortune
Jul 5, 2004, 05:29 PM
Personally I like using HUcaseals. They have a greater variety of weapon choices that can be used with little trouble in the requirements department. They are also very good with dagger types and the like.

If you prefer to use saber types and whatnot, you may want to go with the HUcast. HUcasts get a lot of the good saber types first (as the damage character), so you'll be taking in a lot of the stronger brands, busters, and pallasches.

Overall, it's based on your style. HUcast's HP is probably a bit better than HUcaseal's EVP in some of the later stages, when attacks do pure, unblockable damage. Both are pretty good, but my preference lies in HUcaseals and their ability to use a wider range of weapons easier. You never know when weapon versatility can come in handy in some of those tight spots.

Nai_Calus
Jul 5, 2004, 05:34 PM
HUcl. Daggers. 'Nuff said. Plus yeah, the ATA making guns a reasonable prospect. >.>

The ATA helps with melee weapons, too. HUcl misses far less in cmode than HUct...

Too bad I hate droids outside of cmode. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sitka
Jul 5, 2004, 08:16 PM
Hucaseal.

Guns are very important in many strategies.

Close attacks on Gal Gryphon = shock wave = one hit kill.

You can do it, but it is very hard and you have to have his patterns down nearly perfectly. Sanzo did it, but it took a while to get through without a few deaths.

Personally, the animation of the Hucaseal's and the versatility make them a very enjoyable character to play c-mode with. Shigecki plays an awesome one - best I've seen, IMHO.

Beating Ep 2, stage 3 is all about patience and not making mistakes - the lower ATP is made up for by the versatility and the range abilities of the hucaseal - IMHO.

Xaos127
Jul 6, 2004, 08:29 AM
Simple HUcaseal. Higher ATA much more useful then some extra ATP

Sheik1
Jul 6, 2004, 02:29 PM
mm...I have 3 characters that I use for challenge and reasons and uses for each one.

First, when I started challenge about 16 months ago I used a HUcast. They were easy to use, could do some moderate damage, and could take a number of hits well without being killed. They can also see traps. Some drawbacks of using a HUct are the ATA. They miss miss miss quite often at lower levels until about C6,7,8,9. Their ATA is low at first and can not equip a handgun for C2 unfil a few level ups...which becomes necessary a little farther in C2. Some advantages. They are quite strong and their HP is quite high. They can equip a Pallash in C9 and a Buster in C6 without needing any level ups or units equipped. Their base ATP is high enough to do so. They can, with a Buster with good % (maybe 55% or higher, I forget) can 1-combo down a Sinow, both Purple and Gold. They can also down a Garanz in 2 full combos I believe.

FOnewearl (FOnl). They have very strong magic and have basic (simple?) technique boost. Their magic attacks are quite strong though all of challenge and they are the primary attack character for C2,3,4,5,7 , and 8. Their TP is also higher than any other character. Drawbacks include very low HP. They can be one hit killed by a critical from a number of enemies including Grass Assassin, Hildbear, and Delsaber and Yellow Shark I believe. They can also be killed without a critical from Belaras and Bringers. They can quicly clear a room with few attacks and without much trouble in C2,3,4 and 5, but act more as a support character in C6,7,8,9 as the HUc becomes more strong here with the use of a Buster, and Pallash. A HUct can quicly kill a belra or a Bringer in 2-3 fill HHH combos with a nice Pallash. A Sorcerer can be downed in a full combo (which is important in avoiding the Rafoie attack).

HUcaseal (HUcl), my second created character. The ATA is high er than a HUcast and can equip a Handgun early in the stages. Their Dagger animation is also quite nice and can attack with Daggers (nearly 100% or the time) without being hit or knocked down by the enemy. A HUcl with HIT daggers is wonderful and can be very strong and can even 1-combo down some enemies in C2,3,4 and 5 with a good waepon. The drawbacks is low ATP. They need POWER MATERIAL or units such as GENERAL POWER to equip the stronger weapons in C6 and C9 (Buster and Pallash). Their EVASION also seems to be a little higher as they can dodge or block attacks easier than the HUct.

Overall, I would use a BOT as they can see traps, use traps, and usually carry higher ATP than their human counter parts.

If you want to use a FO a FOnl would be best, although maybe not for the beginner as there are many enemies that can kill off a FOnl easily...but on the other hand stages like C2,3,4 and 5 can be quite fun with FOnls. C2,3,and 5 can be played with 2-3 and maybe even 4 FOnl for good time and fun. C4 isbest played with 2FOnl as they can kill off Pan Arms quickly and so nice damage to the boss at the end with either Barta or Gizonde. Gifoie is too slow to cause enough damage most of the time.

Okay...maybe this helps...good luck!

Eihwaz
Jul 7, 2004, 10:53 PM
So, it seems like HUcaseals are better at ranged combat, and having good ATA, while HUcasts are sturdier, and do bigger damamge.

That sound about right?

lain2k3
Jul 7, 2004, 10:57 PM
On 2004-07-07 20:53, Eihwaz wrote:
So, it seems like HUcaseals are better at ranged combat, and having good ATA, while HUcasts are sturdier, and do bigger damamge.

That sound about right?

Yesh.

I really dislike the low ata of ~everyone~ in Cmode, so hucaseal makes up for it usually.

Sitka
Jul 7, 2004, 11:37 PM
Agreed with Lain

Plus, a tall, slender Hucaseal is just so uber-cool to play with.

God, the things that give me pleasure these days!!!!

Shigecki
Jul 8, 2004, 03:01 AM
Plus, a tall, slender Hucaseal is just so uber-cool to play with.

God, the things that give me pleasure these days!!!!

Zeplin to Sitka Blue D, "Are you looking at my ass?" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Capricornus
Jul 8, 2004, 07:49 AM
If you want an easy challenge (order depending on your playing style):
Hucl
Huct
FOnl

If you want a hard Challenge (again depending on your playing style)
RAml
Ramr
Hunl

Sharkyland
Jul 8, 2004, 04:11 PM
I just love using a HUnewearl though. ^_^

Sitka
Jul 9, 2004, 06:57 PM
So Eihwaz,

What did you call your hucaseal?

Inquiring minds want to know.

And Shigecki, Sitka Blue D: "I didn't know that you knew that I was looking - DoH!!"

Eihwaz
Jul 9, 2004, 08:47 PM
On 2004-07-09 16:57, Sitka wrote:
So Eihwaz,

What did you call your hucaseal?

Inquiring minds want to know.

And Shigecki, Sitka Blue D: "I didn't know that you knew that I was looking - DoH!!"

I haven't made a HUcaseal yet, actually. x_x;

I plan to make one on Blue Burst, named Rati. Coolest name evar, and gets Purplenum. n_n

EDIT: A friend pointed out that Purplenum > Redria, for a HUcaseal, manly becuase I can do Temple runs for Yas9KM, without having to worry about being Paralyzed. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I'll have a Redria RAmarl, so I can get all those nummy FoS treats, with the power of Resta. And have Rabarta for splitting Slimes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eihwaz on 2004-07-12 16:24 ]</font>

RFB
Jul 9, 2004, 08:50 PM
Hint: if you plan on leveling the HUcasela, DONT MAKE HER REDRIA. A redria is warning you...

Capricornus
Jul 10, 2004, 06:38 AM
On 2004-07-09 18:50, RFB wrote:
Hint: if you plan on leveling the HUcasela, DONT MAKE HER REDRIA. A redria is warning you...

Whats wrong with a redria HUcl??? (besides the fact that Lavis hunting is really hard with her)
Redria finds the best items in Vhard (units that is) and ulti wields a lot of good stuff too (GOD battle to name just one)

With all the respect, your hint is worth nothing (and off topic too, this is C mode here)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Capricornus on 2004-07-10 04:40 ]</font>