PDA

View Full Version : England v Argentina 1-0! ^w^

IceBlink
Jun 7, 2002, 08:19 AM
Finally back with posting, and I'd like to start with OMG ENGLAND BEAT ARGENTINA!! O_O For the first time since 1966. ^_^;

*party poppers all over the place*

Hehehe, go us for a change! This is revenge for 1998! ^_^;

(and yes, I know I stole SaitoH's smilie! It was for a good cause!) ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IceBlink on 2002-06-07 06:27 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Jun 7, 2002, 08:26 AM
Welcome back my..ice-bound friend.

Glad your back..

As for England beating Argentina. You do realise that, the next time, Argentina is soooo going to kick England's ass, right?

XD

IceBlink
Jun 7, 2002, 08:30 AM
Well, they already beat us twice! We won for a change! ^_^;

This should be a good oppotunity for me to go get drunk or something. o_O

Reno
Jun 7, 2002, 08:33 AM
Hehe, did you see the looks on the Argentinian fans faces just before the end http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif... I wonder how many fouls they actually managed to cram into 90 minutes though (I lost count by the end of the first half)

And uhhh... welcome back IceBlink ^_^

ragnar
Jun 7, 2002, 01:08 PM
come on england come on england we won what a game, england played soooooooooooo well, i mean it taken us since 1966 but we done it and beckham redemption is now complete with 1998 totally gone.

oh as for the fouls 21 england, 20 argentina. 1 yellow cards to argentina, 2 yellow cards england. 5 shots on target for argentina, 9 on target for england. 7 shots wide for both teams.

so there is a few stats for u. and there was 2 min of injury time in each half.

ENGLAND ENGLAND

Meteor
Jun 7, 2002, 02:55 PM
http://www.thesoulgirl.com/Smilies/Ranton.gifWith the chances we had, it really should have been 3-0. Owen+Sheringham, pffft...http://www.thesoulgirl.com/Smilies/Rantoff.gif

Anyway, we won!http://www.thesoulgirl.com/Smilies/Party.gif

Dangerous55
Jun 7, 2002, 03:03 PM
I dont know nothing about the Cup, I gotta ask the 3 Americans that watched it what happened.

But seriosuly, I used to play soccer for awhile, I was pretty good too, I was a Mid-Fielder.

Last_Saiyan
Jun 7, 2002, 03:12 PM
I don't care, Ice said there's a reason to get drunk.. whooohoooooooo!!! I wanted the same result with the NBA when Kings went against the Lakers but it didnt' happen. Good game though.

Meteor
Jun 7, 2002, 03:22 PM
On 2002-06-07 13:03, Dangerous55 wrote:
I dont know nothing about the Cup, I gotta ask the 3 Americans that watched it what happened.

But seriosuly, I used to play soccer for awhile, I was pretty good too, I was a Mid-Fielder.

It's FOOTBALL, dammit! NOT soccer!!!

Gaaaaaah..... americans...

Last_Saiyan
Jun 7, 2002, 03:47 PM
Toma'to, Tomatoe....if an American said Football then he'd be talking about quarterbacks and that kind of stuff so he has to say soccer to clarify his point. I know, don't even start with "Why is it Football if the foot hardly touches it?"..I don't know, we're the ones who allowed Richard Simmons to exist from Stem Celling so hope that explains everything. n_n

rbf2000
Jun 7, 2002, 05:38 PM
Hey, what about the US?!! We might not get last place this time!

ragnar
Jun 8, 2002, 04:43 PM
well done meteor it is football.

as for the usa they beat portgual 3-2 which is v impressive but will have see if they can do the business in the nxt game.

hey and dont forget scholes volley or beckham shot that nearly went in.

Dangerous55
Jun 8, 2002, 08:29 PM
On 2002-06-07 13:22, Meteor wrote:

It's FOOTBALL, dammit! NOT soccer!!!

Gaaaaaah..... americans...

No its soccer here bub, and its gonna be soccer until I die.

SOCCERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Pele or whatever plays soccer, Donavan McNabb plays Football.

ragnar
Jun 10, 2002, 03:06 PM
On 2002-06-08 18:29, Dangerous55 wrote:

No its soccer here bub, and its gonna be soccer until I die.

SOCCERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Pele or whatever plays soccer, Donavan McNabb plays Football.

fucking muppet it football everyone in the world sep american calls it football and it is football, there is a 1 main reason for this because to play the game you need to use your feet to kick the ball, unlike american football.

so it is FOOTBALL and not soccer

Dangerous55
Jun 10, 2002, 05:28 PM
On 2002-06-10 13:06, ragnar wrote:

fucking muppet it football everyone in the world sep american calls it football and it is football, there is a 1 main reason for this because to play the game you need to use your feet to kick the ball, unlike american football.

so it is FOOTBALL and not soccer

Is muppet supposed to be an insult?

Ok, it is football everywhere else EXCEPT HERE. Get it? ITS SOCCER HERE, its always been soccer and nobody calls it anything else in America. So to you, yea, its football. TO US ITS SOCCER. Is it really that big of a deal?

ragnar
Jun 11, 2002, 03:35 PM
yes it is cuz i think soccer is a crap name and is a insult to the sport of football.

and muppet is a insult but only as a joking one and not serious. i said it cuz i dont want u to take me aruging with u as too serious and cause something stupid to break out like a flame war.

well wud u have rather me called u something stupid and racist like u fucking stupid retard redneck. cuz i rather not be stupid and say something like that.

Dangerous55
Jun 11, 2002, 05:02 PM
On 2002-06-11 13:35, ragnar wrote:
yes it is cuz i think soccer is a crap name and is a insult to the sport of football.

and muppet is a insult but only as a joking one and not serious. i said it cuz i dont want u to take me aruging with u as too serious and cause something stupid to break out like a flame war.

well wud u have rather me called u something stupid and racist like u fucking stupid retard redneck. cuz i rather not be stupid and say something like that.

Dude, I am anything but a redneck.

Well I think when you call an elevator a lift your dead wrong. When you call a hood a bonnet your dead wrong. You just dont understand, to yous, its football, to us, its soccer. Why cant you just accept that?

ragnar
Jun 11, 2002, 05:10 PM
im not accusing u of being a redneck that why i never used it.

oh and i h8 the word the soccer. also where we call bonnet u call hood and some other country calls something else.

yet everyone calls football, football and only usa calls it soccer.

Last_Saiyan
Jun 11, 2002, 05:30 PM
Ummm, so what do you guys call American Football then? Cause in spanish it's called futbol de americana...translates American Football. I don't see any big deal in calling the sport Soccer as to clarify to us Americans so we wouldn't get the two mixed up. Muppets are cool, Fozzy bear is the man!!! I don't think calling it soccer or football will change the direction of the world cup so it's best to just sit back watch and cheer for your favorite team.

ragnar
Jun 11, 2002, 05:35 PM
we call america football, american football becuz that what u name it and so we stick with its proper name.

anyhow im bored of this and when football gets big in usa ( i give it 20 years for em to get gud at international level) it will be called football.

rbf2000
Jun 11, 2002, 06:00 PM
Hey, our womens team is number 1!!

Reno
Jun 11, 2002, 06:28 PM
I call American Football Rugby with pads... that's basically what it is o_O

Dangerous55
Jun 11, 2002, 08:35 PM
On 2002-06-11 15:10, ragnar wrote:

oh and i h8 the word the soccer.
How can you hate a word? What did it do to you?

Meteor
Jun 13, 2002, 11:41 AM
GUYS, JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!!!!!

Sorry i'm a bit late posting this, but IT WAS A JOKE.

I don't care what you call it. And we call American Football, surprisingly, American Football.

Case closed.

SS_Death
Jun 14, 2002, 09:23 AM
ok then.

EIther way whatever you want to call it I am very gald to see the USA doing really well to!

Only 2 wishes...

1. England manage to beat Germany this year (keep losing to the right at the end and getting eliminated. Hopefully not this year...)

2. Hope the US team also beat Germany just so they have the satisfaction of beating a highly ranked team.

(Well it was fun to actually win for once [5-1] so why not just a little more just this one time before they go back to normal and start beating us again and I would like the US to share in that warm feeling that decended on all of England)

ragnar
Jun 14, 2002, 05:11 PM
well USA r thru to 2nd round.

oh and soccer hurt me by being invented and being used to replace the word football

ledzeppelin
Jun 16, 2002, 01:38 AM
hahahaha soccer sucks
i just watched this thing on the history channel about the english-argentinian dispute over the faulkans in the early 80's it was interesting