PDA

View Full Version : Rare Items

Nickfox
Jul 5, 2004, 04:56 PM
Hi,
Do I find more Rare Items in Multiplayer (online)as in Single Player Mode ??
And do we find more Rare Items when we play in offline Multiplayer as in Single offline ??
thanks

Kelnis
Jul 5, 2004, 05:01 PM
Well, i seemed to find more online, plus you have the ability to get stuff that you cant with your ID(considering if your playing under someone elses ID, anyway). I hope that helped....

PaleKid15
Jul 5, 2004, 05:24 PM
Ignore what they said, listen to me.

You may find more rares in multi player offline than single offline. But this is only because of luck and/or the fact that there are more enemies in multi than single.

And having other players does not effect anything online.

Eanae
Jul 5, 2004, 07:35 PM
The mode your in changes nothing. All of the drop rates are still the same, and you still have the same chance of getting any item based on player ones section ID. And as palekid said, yeah you kinda have more a chance seeing as more enemies appear in multi-mode.

Nickfox
Jul 6, 2004, 12:58 PM
Thanks!
And my second question:
are their more Monsters when I played with 3 friends offline multiplayer as with only one friend in Offline Multiplayer ??

Cc08
Jul 6, 2004, 01:27 PM
Thanks!
And my second question:
are their more Monsters when I played with 3 friends offline multiplayer as with only one friend in Offline Multiplayer ??Shit, I used to know this. It's been so long since I played Offline Multi. I actually believe that the number of monsters is the same in both cases. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

digigram
Jul 6, 2004, 02:55 PM
palekid.. how does having other players playing with you online NOT effect anything... what if your friend is a different Section ID that has different rates for rare drops... I'd say, technically, that effects a whole shitload.

Ketchup345
Jul 6, 2004, 04:19 PM
On 2004-07-06 12:55, digigram wrote:
palekid.. how does having other players playing with you online NOT effect anything... what if your friend is a different Section ID that has different rates for rare drops... I'd say, technically, that effects a whole shitload.

The ID always goes by who is player 1, not who kills the enemy. So the number of players doesn't matter besides time taken to kill the enemies (which means more players = faster kills = more rares).

darthsaber9x9
Jul 6, 2004, 04:31 PM
On 2004-07-06 14:19, Ketchup345 wrote:

The ID always goes by who is player 1, not who kills the enemy. So the number of players doesn't matter besides time taken to kill the enemies (which means more players = faster kills = more rares).

or less depending on how quick you are at picking them up

EphekZ
Jul 6, 2004, 06:09 PM
On 2004-07-06 14:31, darthsaber9x9 wrote:

On 2004-07-06 14:19, Ketchup345 wrote:

how ca that matter like if its orange does go between rare and not rare? i thought once itfallsits done? correct me or tell me!

Shrike
Jul 7, 2004, 01:35 AM
On 2004-07-06 16:09, darkgunner wrote:

On 2004-07-06 14:31, darthsaber9x9 wrote:

how ca that matter like if its orange does go between rare and not rare? i thought once itfallsits done? correct me or tell me!

He meant if you're not quick enough someone else will pick-up the rare item.

Nazo
Jul 7, 2004, 06:12 AM
Technically, the CHANCE for a drop is higher on Online, only because there's more enemies. Think of it this way:

You have 3 lotto/lottery tickets (symbolizing offline). If its five digits, then your chance of winning is lower... But if you have 6, you're still at a pretty low number, but its twice the chance. I'm not saying online is twice the chance of a rare drop, since its always random, but I'm saying you have MORE CHANCES to try and get a rare... that about how quick you pick it up too.

And Nick, I'm not sure if I understand your question, but if you mean "are there more monsters if I have more players offline," I believe the answer is no. It eventually boils down to whether you're on single or multi offline. There's a set amount of enemies for single and multi, so no- the amount of friends you bring along don't matter at all.