PDA

View Full Version : A good Mag for a Ranger and Force

DementorsKiss
Jul 5, 2004, 11:33 PM
Since my first character just hit level 40 *yay*, I want to start concentrating on my younger characters as well. To help them perform their absolute best, I want some good Mags for them. Sooo...what are good Mags for these two characters?
1. Chigusa
Ranger, RAmarl, Level 5, Yellowboze
2. Utena
Force, FOnewmarl, Level 6, Whitill
They can be rare, or not rare, or even just a Varuna. It doesn't matter, I just want to know what some good ones are.

Vielka
Jul 6, 2004, 06:41 AM
i have a FOnewearl.. after countless hours of playing, ive found out that a Sato is one of the best mags for that class. I have a bhima as well, and it doesnt do jack.. The sato will revive u on occasions, it will cast invulnerability during boss fights, it will cast invulnerability when hp is low.. as far as the stats, it depends on what you want to do.. My sato is 24/0/26/150.. hope that helps

Master_of_Dragons
Jul 6, 2004, 07:09 AM
I totaly forgot the mag names after 6 month break... for a ranger the best are anything with good pwr and dex... recommended the stats be 25/100/50/25 if you really need combat pwr... or if you're the sniper... 15/35/150/0
whatever you need is what ou need. try to make a mag that fits you best not others lol

dude3282
Jul 6, 2004, 07:36 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1030

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1305

Guides courtesy of VulpesMundi and Ketchup.

Ketchup345
Jul 6, 2004, 09:13 AM
On 2004-07-06 05:09, Master_of_Dragons wrote:
I totaly forgot the mag names after 6 month break... for a ranger the best are anything with good pwr and dex... recommended the stats be 25/100/50/25 if you really need combat pwr... or if you're the sniper... 15/35/150/0
whatever you need is what ou need. try to make a mag that fits you best not others lol

I disagree with this almost 100%.

DEF on a Mag is a waste of points. MIND is also wasted on a RAnger's Mag (if you want to learn new techs, borrow a castor's Mag). The 25/100/50/20 is a waste of 45 Mag points.

The second one is just insanely wrong. The 10 extra DEF points are a waste. A RAnger will almost never need 75 ATA from a Mag. The only time you will ever need that much DEX is when you are trying to equip one of the top guns (Guld, Milla, Guld Milla, Heaven Punisher, etc.) at an extreamly low level. Also, you aren't adding much POW which will make your guns do less damage than if you waited a few levels.

A great RAnger's Mag stats are 5/145/50/0. It will allow you to stay accurate in most areas, and will allow for you to equip some weapons at an ok level (if you are desparate, use a God/Arm). To learn techs, borrow a FOrce's Mag.

Edit: Of course the RAnger Mag will be a Rati. There is no reason to make anything else. >_> <_< >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2004-07-06 07:28 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Jul 6, 2004, 09:26 AM
I had a Sato on my FOmar. It never did anything. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif Never revived me either. Jerk.

As far as invincibilty MIND mags go, I like Soma. Sure it's a B-type Hunter MIND>DEX>POW evo, but it looks cool, does invincibility, and you can easily make it with the three 'good' PBs and 160 MIND. XP

For a RAmarl... Rati! ^_^ Ok, ok, so I like Rati for everybody. XP But... Rati! The smooth, sleek lines, the beautiful photon 'wings', the adorable sexiness... How can you not love Rati?

Nazo
Jul 6, 2004, 09:29 AM
On 2004-07-06 07:13, Ketchup345 wrote:

On 2004-07-06 05:09, Master_of_Dragons wrote:

I disagree with this almost 100%.

DEF on a Mag is a waste of points. MIND is also wasted on a RAnger's Mag (if you want to learn new techs, borrow a castor's Mag). The 25/100/50/20 is a waste of 45 Mag points.

The second one is just insanely wrong. The 10 extra DEF points are a waste. A RAnger will almost never need 75 ATA from a Mag. The only time you will ever need that much DEX is when you are trying to equip one of the top guns (Guld, Milla, Guld Milla, Heaven Punisher, etc.) at an extreamly low level. Also, you aren't adding much POW which will make your guns do less damage than if you waited a few levels.

A great RAnger's Mag stats are 5/145/50/0. It will allow you to stay accurate in most areas, and will allow for you to equip some weapons at an ok level (if you are desparate, use a God/Arm). To learn techs, borrow a FOrce's Mag.

Right. Whatever that guy just said. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Just to elaborate on what he said, ranger mags usually don't need much DEF, assuming that you will be.. well... shooting from far, far away. As you gain levels you also gain HP, and that's all you'll be needing in order not to die in one hit by any boss- again, easily done with many levels. Hunter or Ranger alike Power is the key component in the mag, and perhaps the most useful next to Mind, which you won't be needing on the ranger. Finally, some DEX will help you get to the better weapons at lower levels. Assuming that you'll be farming your mag with the Lv 40 that you just hit, you shouldn't have too big of a problem making this mag.

As for the FOnewearl mag (which I personally have more experience with)... I say listen to Vielka. We both run FOnewearls as primary characters and I certainly must say that a Sato is appropriate in terms of stats and cuteness/sexiness (whichever may apply). In most cases, you'll be able to heal with a resta on your own, and a boost with Shifta+Deband won't prove to be of much use, therefore making invulnerability an invaluable addition to your boss fights, as well as times which you are in peril. That would be: boss fights, when your mag is full on PB, and when your HP becomes 1/10 or lower.

Good luck!

Corey
Jul 6, 2004, 09:32 AM
You can't like a Rati on a RAmarl...well, okay, you can...but a Nidra or Sato would work, because eventually you WILL have level 20 S/D...I just have my Rati because it looks good on almost anyone...<_<

Force...maybe a Nidra or Ribhava. to me, Classes with S/D and J/Z don't need anything but Invincibility and Revival...and I like how they look too...heh...erm...that wasn't opinion based...

(yeah right...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-07-06 07:32 ]</font>

Nazo
Jul 6, 2004, 10:15 AM
On 2004-07-06 07:32, Corey wrote:
You can't like a Rati on a RAmarl...well, okay, you can...but a Nidra or Sato would work, because eventually you WILL have level 20 S/D...I just have my Rati because it looks good on almost anyone...<_<

Force...maybe a Nidra or Ribhava. to me, Classes with S/D and J/Z don't need anything but Invincibility and Revival...and I like how they look too...heh...erm...that wasn't opinion based...

(yeah right...)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-07-06 07:32 ]</font>

Agreed. Rati could be good too. But I have to say that there are better mags than just Nidra or Ribhava, assuming these mags are pre-farmed, not to-be-made.

lain2k3
Jul 6, 2004, 10:19 AM
Sato is statistically the best choice for a fleshie character, but Rati and pushan both look uber cool.

(*nidra is a fugly little sob that should never be used)

And mags do not revive you. ever. that is a lie if i ever heard one.

Corey
Jul 6, 2004, 10:33 AM
On 2004-07-06 08:19, lain2k3 wrote:
Sato is statistically the best choice for a fleshie character, but Rati and pushan both look uber cool.

Sato is cuter than Nidra, I will admit that
(I just never raised another one after my yellow one.
I look fine in my Rati as it stands anyway...)
Nidra is not fugly. Best thing for males after Rati.
(Now Pushan is fugly.Like Aura field.Guard Wave is good.Wait...that's an ancient off topic discussion...nevar mind.)
Nidra > Pushan. It's really all about the looks people.

Vielka
Jul 6, 2004, 10:43 AM
ive had my nidria and my bhima both revive me a few times.. it does happen, but its similiar to some of these drop rates... they are near impossible..

Corey
Jul 6, 2004, 10:44 AM
99.4% of me says he's being sarcastic...
<.<

yeah, it happens.
Just your mag snickers at you, saying
'1/9,000 pal. *snicker snicker snicker*'

Gjl
Jul 6, 2004, 10:45 AM
On 2004-07-06 08:33, Corey wrote:

On 2004-07-06 08:19, lain2k3 wrote:

Sato is cuter than Nidra, I will admit that
(I just never raised another one after my yellow one.
I look fine in my Rati as it stands anyway...)
Nidra is not fugly. Best thing for males after Rati.
(Now Pushan is fugly.Like Aura field.Guard Wave is good.Wait...that's an ancient off topic discussion...nevar mind.)
Nidra > Pushan. It's really all about the looks people.

A black/redish Nidra goes with the black&red robed FOmar very nicely. Also Nidras are the only mags that aren't glued to your characters back (I think). All the other mags feel static.

Nai_Calus
Jul 6, 2004, 11:07 AM
Nidra is fugly, but better-looking(and feeding) than Sato. XP

And bah, I like Rati on a L144 FOmar with L30 support techs, the hell with just a RAmarl. XP i r insane. XP

lain2k3
Jul 6, 2004, 11:13 AM
About the revival, I was not being sarcastic, in my experience. I have never ever been revived by any mag, in over 1450 hours of playtime, divided between sato, rati, kabanda, pushan, and *sigh*-naga http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif

And I stand by my opinion that Nidra is by far the ugliest special mag in the game, It looks almost as bad a naga.

And pushan r pwn.

Corey
Jul 6, 2004, 11:18 AM
Ok,OK, I'll kill surrender the Nidra's fugliness apparently
I only really Liked it because...

1.Fave color. RED.
2. Invincibility. Plus for HUnews.
3. Scorpion mag.
4. It stays Red. Only Dots change(right?)
5.Easy feeding.(Well, thats all of the EP2 ones...)
6.Like the other guy said, it doesn't stick right next to your face.
7.Easy for me to raise.
8.Too many Sato lovers. ._. I love Sato. Reminds me of my cats.

*Converts back...to a Sato lover.*
Better make a new one though...my cats are black...
not ...yellow... o.O

Pushan, I will defend it's is fugly to me. <_<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Corey on 2004-07-06 09:19 ]</font>

Nazo
Jul 6, 2004, 11:26 AM
On 2004-07-06 09:13, lain2k3 wrote:
About the revival, I was not being sarcastic, in my experience. I have never ever been revived by any mag, in over 1450 hours of playtime, divided between sato, rati, kabanda, pushan, and *sigh*-naga http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_barf.gif

And I stand by my opinion that Nidra is by far the ugliest special mag in the game, It looks almost as bad a naga.

And pushan r pwn.

Is it that bad? My FOnewearl was revived at least twice during an early Falz fight... maybe the Mag just liked her... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif But yeah, I have to say that its pretty much useless too. Its probably not as reliable as the invincibility/S+D...

And Sato is a good choice. Sato looks excellent, as I said, with a sexy FOnewearl.

dude3282
Jul 6, 2004, 11:54 AM
You'll never convert me. Nidra lover for life.

Doesn't mean they're the only thing I'll build, I just like them. I'm working on my first Rati right now, it's gonna be pink. I shall name it . . . Fluffy. And she shall be mine, and she shall be my Fluffy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

KveerRaven
Jul 6, 2004, 12:38 PM
Yeah, I know what you're going through Lain. My Rati Lvl 200 mag has only cast Reverser once and I've died several times after that. I've made it a strict religion for me to ALWAYS bring at least 3 Scape Dolls.

DementorsKiss
Jul 6, 2004, 01:15 PM
I was thinking a Sato for my Force (I'm in the process of raising one just to have one, but might as well not put it to waste) but of course I'm taking everyone's advice here as well. Thanks for all the advice, everyone.

---
iTunes was playing:
Miss Cleo Soundboard Prank #2 from ebaumsworld.com
while I wrote this post.

Eihwaz
Jul 6, 2004, 04:14 PM
RAnger: A moderately-leveled RAnger doesn't need much DEX on a Mag. I'd recommend something like 5/145/50/0. For a lower level RA, you might want more Dex (like 70 or so) so you can use the big guns early. But if you stick with the 50 Dex, you won't have to raise another Mag. Just go pipe some God/Arms. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

FOrce: Since this is for a FOnewearl, I'm assuming it's for a caster FOrce. You'll want as much mind as possible. I'd say something like 5/0/45/150. Much easier to get than having 50 Def.

Both Mags should have Estlla, Pilla, and M/Y for the Photon Blasts.

Also, both should be Rati, the sekiest of all Mags.

Other good choices are KapuKapu, Nidra, Savitri, etc.

Nai_Calus
Jul 6, 2004, 04:19 PM
On 2004-07-06 09:54, dude3282 wrote:
You'll never convert me. Nidra lover for life.

Doesn't mean they're the only thing I'll build, I just like them. I'm working on my first Rati right now, it's gonna be pink. I shall name it . . . Fluffy. And she shall be mine, and she shall be my Fluffy. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<Fluffy> ...That's my name. ._. And I'm a boy. ._.

dude3282
Jul 6, 2004, 06:06 PM
A boy? o_O Learn something new every day. And fine, I guess I'll use an original name.

Back on topic, if you can get a cell 213, Preta is one cool mag for a droid. I've got one on my Racaseal right now, and it's s/d-ing left and right. Plus, who can resist a little duck? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif okay, so it's not the coolest looking thing, but it's not really ugly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dude3282 on 2004-07-06 16:08 ]</font>

DementorsKiss
Jul 8, 2004, 12:02 AM
...What's a cell 213 and how does one obtain and use it?

Ketchup345
Jul 8, 2004, 08:35 AM
On 2004-07-07 22:02, DementorsKiss wrote:
...What's a cell 213 and how does one obtain and use it?

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=51

Xaos127
Jul 9, 2004, 02:48 AM
On 2004-07-06 08:33, Corey wrote:

(Now Pushan is fugly.Nidra > Pushan.

............ http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif
You will die...