PDA

View Full Version : AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! MY DC!!!!!

Orakio3133
Feb 20, 2001, 10:08 PM
This really sucks! I turn on my DC to play PSO but the controllers don't work! The VMU screen doesn't even turn on! Can someone please help me out on this!

----
Now you can scream "Help" Like a little girl in 5 different languages

PSO Advertisment

Ambrai
Feb 20, 2001, 10:14 PM
Ok dumb questions first. Make sure that everything is plugged in tight, that includes the VMU's. Then boot without a CD and see if you can get response from the controllers. If that fails, a big hammer works http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_cool.gif

Orakio3133
Feb 20, 2001, 10:25 PM
Ok I have tried everything, accept the big hammer thing (which I feel like doing!) but I'm still getting no movement!

ragnarok
Feb 20, 2001, 10:52 PM
Ok try this if you can, if any of your friends have a dc controller ask to borrow it and if that works, then YAY. If it fails then try to take it to a repair shop. Or if youre a pretty god electrician then open it up and see if there in a bent in inside of your ports. Please post your option.results.

Mr_Six
Feb 21, 2001, 03:26 AM
You might also try plugging the controller you DO have into a different port to see if maybe it is a fault inside the DC. If it is, then it is repair shop time.

Orakio3133
Feb 21, 2001, 03:22 PM
okay thanx for all the suggestions, I'm gonna try borrowing another DC controller but i doubt it will work (I've tried it on two controllers) and Mr_Six I think your right all the ports don't work, I guess its time for me to take it to get repaired...

----
Now you can scream "Help" Like a little girl in 5 different languages

PSO Advertisment

Orakio3133
Feb 22, 2001, 03:50 PM
Okay I got one more question that may actually help me out with this. The front compartment where the controllers plug in (Its like a gray rectangle) Is your secured tightly or does it wable a little bit? Cuz mine does and i think maybe it has something to do with it. As for getting it repaired, is there any kind of repair shops that are well known throughout the US? Cuz I'm having trouble finding one.

Nynaeve
Feb 22, 2001, 04:08 PM
I've heard from folks at places like Electronics Boutique and Software Etc that using non-"Sega" controllers (third party controllers) has a tendency to blow out your ports...then again that could be a sales pitch to get me to spend the extra $ for Sega-made hardware - but they don't tell me that when I buy third party stuff for the N64 or PSX...only the DC...?

Naylor007
Feb 22, 2001, 04:34 PM
It's partially true about 3rd party accessories. I was assistant manager in a video game store for a while and the reason they tell you that is because the company that manufactures the system also knows how to make add ons for it the best. A 3rd party company may not have the actual system to work from just a page of specs. And as to your controller it should not wobble in the port, it should almost click into place when it is in all the way. If it wobbles it is not getting a good data connection which is causing it to malfunction. Sounds like you are going to need to get the DC repaired http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif. Hope this helps.

Utherpendrgn
Feb 22, 2001, 05:07 PM
I learned a long time ago to never use third party devices that aren't considered to be from a company with a good track record (case in point: I use an S-Video Cable from Monster Cables for my PS2, and it doesn't give me problems). They're just too risky. I've lost saves on every major system I own (N64, PSX, DC) because of third party memory cards and controllers. The First Party stuff may be expensive, but it really is worth the money for a product endorsed my the company that make the system. You'll know it's going to work that way.