PDA

View Full Version : what the tower quests should have been...

oSmoDiAr2
Jul 6, 2004, 04:43 PM
After the somewhat dissapointing rendition of TTF for ep2, I got to thinking, how hard is it really to make a good, fun quest?

TTF1 is quick, spawning lots of non-bs enemies and doesn't waste time by forcing you to travel far before the boss. areas in ttf2 drag on much longer than they should. but regardless of my beef with that quest (olga not giving exp is unforgivable), i'd like to discuss the tower quests.

these are great quests, first of all. unique area and enemies, but suffers from the same affliction that's 'plagued' ep2 since the beginning. it's too difficult for the exp it offers, so you'd be better off playing en4 for a challenge while being rewarded with lots of exp in the process.

in the control tower, you fight the gdv minibosses, del lily, ill gill, delbiter...guys that are just a pain in the ass.

here's what i'd like to see. save those guys for the last floor. but make it progressively harder on each floor to prepare you for it. by using many simple/basic enemies on each floor you could up the exp offered by the quest and make it a thousand times more popular.

if i could redo both towers, here's what you could expect.

East Tower:

Start in CCA
Warp to "hidden" side road
**here's where first change occurs**
Warp to Bridge above waterfall - fight generic cca enemies
Warp to Control Tower (where you'd normally warp to gyph)

First Floor - Forest enemies
spawns sets of rappies, boomas, goboomas, gigoboomas, mothmants, wolves, hildebears (in large quantity)
Second Floor - Caves enemies
spawns sets of lilies, guil sharks, evil sharks, pal sharks, grass assasins, nano dragons (in large quantity)
Third Floor - Mines enemies
spawns sets of gilchics, canabins, baranz, sinow beats/sinow golds (in large quantity)
Fourth Floor - Ruins enemies
spawns sets of dimenians, so dimenian, la dimenian, belra's, delsabers, chaos sorcerers, chaos bringers, (in large quantity)
Fifth Floor - GDV enemies
spawn sets of gee, gibbons, meritas, merrlia, sinow spigell/berril (in large quantity)
Sixth Floor - Seabed enemies
spawn sets of dolhoms, dolmdarls, recoboxes, sinow zele/zoa, morfos, deldepths, delbiter, (in large quantity)
Seventh Floor - Hardest enemies of each area room
spawn sets of hildebears, grass assasins, nano dragons, sinow beats, baranz, chaos sorcerers, chaos bringers, belra's, gibbons, meritas, sinow berril/spigells, morfos, deldepths, delbiter, sinow zele/zoa (in large quantity)
Eighth Floor - Mini-boss/tower specific enemies
spawn del lily's, ill gills, gibbles, gi gue's, mericarols (in large quantity)
Final Floor - epsilon
Warp to Cliffs of Gal da Val - Gal Gryphon

West Tower
Start in Seabed...identical to current version
tower portion: similiar to one as described..only more difficult
after epsilon: warp to olga flow

in my opinion, those would be the ULTIMATE, DEFINITIVE ep2 quests. now if only i can get an st employee to read this. or if there was such a thing as create-a-quest.

another thing i wonder -- how much do they have left in store for this game? is the best yet to come? or has it already come and gone? where's my famitsu from ep1, too, dammit. if they restored the MAXIMUM ATTACK from the dc versions and centered a competition around it, that would help the game greatly....but alas, it probably won't happen.

anyways, any feedback/comments is appreciated.

Nai_Calus
Jul 6, 2004, 05:04 PM
Utterly removes the point of Tower.

Large amounts of Ep1 enemies are handled by various off and online quests.

Large amounts of Ep2 enemies are handled by MA2 or regular runs.

Tower is for the Tower enemies and large amounts of minibosses. They're there for hunting rare items, mostly. Also the sidequests for S-rank specials/weapon % mod. Changing it would utterly defeat the purpose.

lain2k3
Jul 6, 2004, 07:57 PM
Bizzam. What he said.

East tower is the funnest thing in the goddamned game. I love it. WT ranks slightly lower. Both are easy to solo with a ramarl.

The ONLY qualm i have with the towers is that epsilon doesnt give more exp.