PDA

View Full Version : I need to know something

milat
Jul 6, 2004, 05:58 PM
My pso file went corrupt and I don't know why. I know I didn't turn the power off while it was saving so I don't know what else it could be. Could someone just give me na idea of why it did?

BlackHound2
Jul 6, 2004, 06:02 PM
Let me think here, some possibilities would be you removed your memory card while playing, turned it off while saving, or your game disk may possibly be scratched. There may be more that I can't think of right off hand.

darthsaber9x9
Jul 6, 2004, 06:14 PM
maybe it was just a shit memory card

RFB
Jul 6, 2004, 06:14 PM
-Your game freezed while saving.
-You are using a 3rd party mem card.

strongmad89
Jul 6, 2004, 06:18 PM
On 2004-07-06 16:14, RFB wrote:

Actually, Nintendo's new memory card, the Memory Card 1019, has also had reports of corruption.

darthsaber9x9
Jul 6, 2004, 06:35 PM
On 2004-07-06 16:18, strongmad89 wrote:

On 2004-07-06 16:14, RFB wrote:

Actually, Nintendo's new memory card, the Memory Card 1019, has also had reports of corruption.

i dont understand, how can anyone NEED that much space? and surely anyone who owns would settle for 2 mem cards, maybe slightly less space overall but more chars

Nazo
Jul 6, 2004, 11:19 PM
[to Milat] Try PaleKid15's guide to beating corruption. It may work just yet- so don't reformat your memory card. I've found it useful and has worked for me sometimes. Btw, it was probably a careless mistake: removing of a memory card at a real bad time, scratching of the disk, or a too-quick off on the GC when saving. You gotta wait til the screen completely goes black. I personally wait until I can see the main "Phantasy Star Online" sign again and THEN turn it off.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=83644&forum=3&11

[Darth] Yeah, its quite absurd that nintendo's going this far with memory cards. But I think they want to avoid what happened with the PS1, when the memory cards went bad if it was near full. Either that or they're desperate for new sales strategies :S.. Its probably not a good idea to get the 1000~ block cards, because corruption occurs more often. My theory of this is that, when accessing data, it takes more time to search through blocks, therefore possibly irritating or overloading the data transfer in between. Not that I'm saying this is the normal case, but game that require huge blocks (such as PSO- 20 or more) can have trouble trying to make use of this mass space...

lain2k3
Jul 6, 2004, 11:25 PM
Use the guides mentioned above.

And to anyone who plays a lot of games, none of which are PSO, the 1019 memory card is AWESOME. the 251 isnt big enough to hold all my non pso stuff by itself.

XTAL
Jul 7, 2004, 01:33 PM
I use the regular 59 block gamecube memory card. I havn't had any problems with that yet.

BlackHound2
Jul 24, 2004, 02:32 PM
Me neither, except that one or two times that I removed them too early while saving.

(This is when I first got my gamecube, so it doesn't happen now.)