PDA

View Full Version : Invisible guard drop rate

Saciel
Jul 7, 2004, 04:12 PM
I would love to find one so I can make a safety heart... which would go great with my RAmarl evasion wise. I realise they're found on Normal ruins from dark gunners... I was just wondering what the drop rate is for a purplenum.

I also hear that if you hit the death gunner the dark gunners will not drop anything, fact or fiction?

^_^ any help on the matter will be muchly apreciated

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saciel on 2004-07-07 14:13 ]</font>

jspacemunkey
Jul 7, 2004, 04:18 PM
1/7447 for purplenum invisible guard. good luck on that one!

as for the death/dark gunner issue...are you saying you've heard that killing a death gunner negates drops for all the nearby dark gunners? that's kinda what it sounds like. anyway, death gunners do not have a rare drop but killing a death gunner won't affect the surrounding dark gunners in any way (other than that one of the dark gunners will then become a death gunner).

EDIT: and just in case you were wondering...here (http://faqs.ign.com/objects/016/016472.html) are heyf00L's drop rate guides. there's one for each difficulty under the "in-depth FAQs" heading. they're a really great resource.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2004-07-07 14:24 ]</font>

Saciel
Jul 7, 2004, 04:21 PM
^_^;; thanks for that << looks at drop rate and collapses >> where's the best place to hunt for said gunners >.>? i.e. which quest if it's worth it

jspacemunkey
Jul 7, 2004, 04:31 PM
it won't be easy, but there are far worse items to hunt for. if you really want to make a safety heart then i'd say it's worth it.

looks like quest-wise seek my master has the most dark gunners: 20 in all. i'm not certain, but you might find more gunners on average if you simply played through ruins 1-3. don't really know which would be faster/more economical but you might try both and see.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2004-07-07 14:31 ]</font>

Saciel
Jul 7, 2004, 04:36 PM
heh guess I could play tank lower level legits through normal every now and again. Guess it's ok to start off slow since my ramarl's only lvl 70 at the moe. Thanks once again anywho ^_^