PDA

View Full Version : Whats the Best Weapon

BarbieHunter
Jul 7, 2004, 07:02 PM
Hello every one just want your opinion on what the best weapon is so that i can work toward getting it. thanks for any input.

Sitka
Jul 7, 2004, 07:08 PM
Barbie

The best weapon is the one that you don't have.

Honestly.

There could be hundreds of answers depending on what your character type is, what your level is, what your style of play is, whether you're online or offline ... I could go on.

Anyway, find the best weapon that your character can equip and do damage with and that you have fun playing with.

That's your best weapon.

Until you find something better.

Go check out the guides on the weapons and what kind of stats and specials they have and then check the drop rates and decide which weapon you can reasonably find and start trying to get it.

And good luck!

Cc08
Jul 7, 2004, 07:12 PM
Like he said, we need to know your characters. What are they? IDs? Levels? Classes? For example, one of the best weapons for a FO is a Psycho Wand, but it useless to other classes. But I can tell you in my opinion the best weapons for classes:
FOrce: Psycho Wand
RAnger: Spread Needle/ S-Rank Needle
HUnter: Double Cannon

All of those weapons are the ones I think are best for their class, but you may not like them. For example, you may like a sword-type weapon more than a DC. So you may like a Red Sword more.

tai_EX
Jul 7, 2004, 07:21 PM
hmmmm.... those r good weapons, but what about mr. Tsumikiri J-sword?

Kiri
Jul 7, 2004, 07:33 PM
The weapon that can do the most damage in total would be a Black King Bar fully grinded.for a single hit the best is Dark Flow

lain2k3
Jul 7, 2004, 07:37 PM
Too bad Dark flow sucks shit.

And charge vulcans would do more damage per combo than bkb, assuming you could pull off a hard-special-special combo (normal dragon?)

Then... Go read sitkas post again.

LoreSeeker
Jul 7, 2004, 07:40 PM
On 2004-07-07 17:21, tai_EX wrote:
hmmmm.... those r good weapons, but what about mr. Tsumikiri J-sword?

The TJ Sword may be one of the strongest weapons in the game, but every time I see someone using it, I just think to myself "Damn, that guy has no sense of style." Using a TJ Sword automatically labels a person as having little to no personality, even if the person is otherwise cool.

Don't use a TJ. SJ is a much more stylish option to the TJ, and I greatly respect people who use them (even if it's not legit, because it makes them look different from the masses in Vega).

AquaFlare7
Jul 7, 2004, 07:46 PM
On 2004-07-07 17:33, Kiri wrote:
The weapon that can do the most damage in total would be a Black King Bar fully grinded.for a single hit the best is Dark Flow

or an srank twin with spirit special, which is my favorite weapon (too bad some arses joined my c9 game and quit at falz)

doubletake123
Jul 7, 2004, 09:47 PM
what the totally hacked bkb with 300% 0_o.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: doubletake123 on 2004-07-07 19:49 ]</font>

PatserGOUKI
Jul 8, 2004, 03:36 AM
Doh, GULDMILLA with 200 % native and 100 % hit.... Move with your BKB's dumb slow weps. Ill shopot everything while you still are walking to the first enemy...LOL

PatserGOUKI

Dillon
Jul 8, 2004, 04:07 AM
Nice [hacked] GuldMilla you have there.

Also, ATP-wise, does a fully-ground BKB out-power a Double Cannon? If it does, I'll assume it does only because you either can't grind a D.C., or because you can't grind it as high as BKB.

I'd rather use D.C. anyway, mucho neater.

Dark Flow blows, it can't combo, and as for the TJ Sword..I'll use one, only after I unseal it.

But anyway..some Charge Vulcans would, as said, out-power probably any other weapon per-combo.

TheStalker
Jul 8, 2004, 06:13 AM
Among weapons that can be found "not too hardly" (for legit players as me), the Red Sword and BKB are the best weapons for an hunter. For Ranger, I think that Spread Needle, Yasmikov9000 and Frozen Shooter are the best.
Weapons are not really the most important for a Force.

Maskim
Jul 8, 2004, 08:06 AM
The best weapon? Any of the multitude that isn't equipped by just about every single player I ever join a game with. I mostly play a humar, so I mostly pay attention to what my fellow hunters are using. 9 times out of ten it's either a Black King Bar (so freaking ugly) or a J sword. That tenth time, it's a double cannon. Get a chain sawd and a demo comet. Stand out, while still doing good damage.

oeagrus
Jul 8, 2004, 08:29 AM
100% correct, Maskim.
I prefer using a Partisan of Lightning, a Red Partisan, and a Red Handgun with my HUnewearl (167 now!). They don't do the most damage, but NO ONE else out in Xbox-land is using a PoL, so at least its somewhat original.

Plus, you'll get to experience Noobism at its Noobiest when every 10 year old that joins your games asks you "Why aren't you using the good weapons."

LoD
Jul 8, 2004, 09:29 AM
i think the best weapon thers is
is the best weapon u have at the moment

i like my visk-235w rifle alot(same colour as me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Dhylec
Jul 8, 2004, 09:30 AM
Sitka wrote:
The best weapon is the one that you don't have.

hm, i then to think more realistically..
the best weps are the ones that you have!

the weps that have been helping you thru countless runs in ragol
w/o 'em you can't be where you are, vh ruins, ult temple or whereever http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sitka
Jul 8, 2004, 09:43 AM
Lol.

Ya, I kinda covered the "best weapon in your hands" a little later in the post.

My reference to "the one you don't have" is that insatiable urge that keeps us playing PSO night after night, weekend after weekend, enduring the screams of our wives/girlfriends/children/families about how all we ever want to do is play PSO...

just to get that red box drop.....

the unsealed J-sword......or the frozen shooter......or the Yas9000m......or the Psycho Wand......or the Evil Curst......or the lavis cannon.....or any other weapon that we defy logic and the drop rate stats and keep making run after run, pipe after pipe to get.

And then, we get that weapon....and we're so excited....and then we realize that there is yet another weapon that we have just got to get .... and off we go again.

How many hours have you put in Kef?

lain2k3
Jul 8, 2004, 09:54 AM
Kef has put at -Least- 3000 hours into the NGC version alone.

SJ
Jul 8, 2004, 09:56 AM
Ok Im gunna be realistic.
Best Weps that are easyish to get.
Frozen Shooter
Charge (anyhting)
Demolition Comet
Asuka (not that hard)
Cross Scar (they aint the worst but not the best either)
A trusty Dragon Slayer
Red Partisan

These weps got me through ult (-Asuka).
And I agree with Lain, I'd rather have my charge gatling (50hit(I prefer the colour)) and my Demo Comet (45 abeast) than stuff like Double Cannon (I'd love one but to be honest if I got 1 I'd never use it in Cave, Ruins, Mines...except online to show off http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)....

KveerRaven
Jul 8, 2004, 05:21 PM
On 2004-07-08 07:43, Sitka wrote:
Lol.

Ya, I kinda covered the "best weapon in your hands" a little later in the post.

My reference to "the one you don't have" is that insatiable urge that keeps us playing PSO night after night, weekend after weekend, enduring the screams of our wives/girlfriends/children/families about how all we ever want to do is play PSO...

just to get that red box drop.....

the unsealed J-sword......or the frozen shooter......or the Yas9000m......or the Psycho Wand......or the Evil Curst......or the lavis cannon.....or any other weapon that we defy logic and the drop rate stats and keep making run after run, pipe after pipe to get.

And then, we get that weapon....and we're so excited....and then we realize that there is yet another weapon that we have just got to get .... and off we go again.

How many hours have you put in Kef?

Hehehe, so true. I remember playing 3 days straight, non-stop, that the constant yelling and screams to get out of my game room for once and do something productive, like talk, became nothing but whispers to me. Once I got my HUmar got his hands on most of his rares, I stopped for a few hours, but the temptation to get more was just too strong that I went back at it!

Sitka
Jul 8, 2004, 05:48 PM
You know Kveer,

I was thinking back to the Dreamcast. I played PSO like a SOB, got a couple of characters up to lvl 100, got a spread needle and then.... got bored. It was all offline and I pwned EVERYTHING at that point. New weapons didn't mean much after the spread needle.

Then Ep. II came out. Holy shit, my SN didn't do shit in the forest against those damn Bartles. Time to level up and off I went again, playing like mad, leveling up and so on. Then I got tired again and quit.

Then gamecube, relatively same scenario as above...

Then xbox and finally online - totally different. So many more weapons to hunt down, so many quests and challenge mode and teammates and clans and so on. It was the most enjoyable experience gaming ever for me.

So now I'm only a few levels away from 200 with the Racast and I'm thinking ahead. I've got many good weps, but there continues to be a vast number of weps I do not have and want. I want to learn how to play better c-mode. I want to learn how to play hunters and forces much better.

So, in reflection, the best weapon in the game is the one that keeps you seeking - and playing - pso.

Just a thought, but those 3,000+ hours that Kef put in (and damn, I've got to be close if you add up all three platforms) as a simple part-time job in my region @ $15 per hour would total upwards of $45,000.00. That would make a down payment on a house.

Makes you think.

KveerRaven
Jul 8, 2004, 05:54 PM
On 2004-07-08 15:48, Sitka wrote:
Then xbox and finally online - totally different. So many more weapons to hunt down, so many quests and challenge mode and teammates and clans and so on. It was the most enjoyable experience gaming ever for me.

By the way, once I move out, I'll be investing in another XBox, (since this one I have now can't come with me) and getting online with it for PSO. That way, you and I can play together. I'll just work my ARSE off to get back to my Lvl 116 and see if I can give all my rares from GC to my Xbox Character.

Sitka
Jul 8, 2004, 06:13 PM
Kveer,

Let me know when you're ready to roll.

I'll break out some new char. and we'll start at lvl 1 - untwinked - and have a little fun: runs, quests, c-mode maybe even a little battle mode, eh?

We can form a team of really good players who all start new chars. at level 1 and bring 'em all the way up.

Sounds like fun to me.

lain2k3
Jul 8, 2004, 07:57 PM
On 2004-07-08 15:54, KveerRaven wrote:

On 2004-07-08 15:48, Sitka wrote:

By the way, once I move out, I'll be investing in another XBox, (since this one I have now can't come with me) and getting online with it for PSO. That way, you and I can play together. I'll just work my ARSE off to get back to my Lvl 116 and see if I can give all my rares from GC to my Xbox Character.

Erm, you cant transfer between systems... >_>

And yeah, Kef plays more PSOI than nayone else on these boards. By A lot. Here's a quote about him, heard online:

"Kef is hardcore. I doubt he sleeps."

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Akulamenuri
Jul 8, 2004, 07:59 PM
I wouldnt mind starting a lv.1 Sitka.

Ive only used Hunters so far so I can just put down my favorite hunter weps.

Double Cannon (Despite Uglyness)
Spirit S-Rank Sword
Orotiagito
Charge Vulcans
Rainbow Baton
Diska of Braveman (...im not kidding neither)

KveerRaven
Jul 8, 2004, 08:29 PM
On 2004-07-08 16:13, Sitka wrote:
Kveer,

Let me know when you're ready to roll.

I'll break out some new char. and we'll start at lvl 1 - untwinked - and have a little fun: runs, quests, c-mode maybe even a little battle mode, eh?

We can form a team of really good players who all start new chars. at level 1 and bring 'em all the way up.

Sounds like fun to me.

Sounds good, wouldn't mind doing that! In fact, it would probably bring in some more players who are decent and trustworthy when it comes to rare finds. I'll definately hit you up when I'm online!

Quo
Jul 8, 2004, 10:58 PM
NONONO. Not another "whats the best?" thread. Gyaaahhh! The best weapon is the one you like the most. Use the Item Database. Find a very cool weapon, then dedicate your life to getting it. Thats how the game works. It's absolutely no use to get advice on what's the best from us in the forums. We each have different oppinions. All we'll do is confuse you, not because it's complicated, but because we all think differently. I will say this though. The best weapon is neither a hack nor a dupe.

Since the thread has taken a turn from the original topic, I'm proud to announce that I should be getting online soon. Heh, maybe online monsters can mellow some of my more radical oppinions about gameplay.

And Ohyeah, I'm back from Italy. PSO, here I come.

KveerRaven
Jul 8, 2004, 11:17 PM
On 2004-07-08 20:58, Quo wrote:
NONONO. Not another "whats the best?" thread. Gyaaahhh! The best weapon is the one you like the most. Use the Item Database. Find a very cool weapon, then dedicate your life to getting it. Thats how the game works. It's absolutely no use to get advice on what's the best from us in the forums. We each have different oppinions. All we'll do is confuse you, not because it's complicated, but because we all think differently. I will say this though. The best weapon is neither a hack nor a dupe.

Since the thread has taken a turn from the original topic, I'm proud to announce that I should be getting online soon. Heh, maybe online monsters can mellow some of my more radical oppinions about gameplay.

And Ohyeah, I'm back from Italy. PSO, here I come.

Good to have ya back! Hope your trip went well! And yes, get back to PSO damnit!

Quo
Jul 8, 2004, 11:32 PM
On 2004-07-08 21:17, KveerRaven wrote:

Good to have ya back! Hope your trip went well! And yes, get back to PSO damnit!

Thanks. I've made awesome progress since I came back. Though it wasn't really my progress, I traded my friend for two aura fields. I owe him one good item now. Before I left, I gave him a Demo Comet. He desperately needed a good weapon.

Eihwaz
Jul 9, 2004, 01:55 AM
Gah, there is no one singular "best" weapon in PSO.

Usually, I think there's a good combo of around 2-3 weapons/weapon types that when used together, allow you to deal with most situations pretty effectively.

Quo
Jul 9, 2004, 11:18 AM
On 2004-07-08 23:55, Eihwaz wrote:
Gah, there is no one singular "best" weapon in PSO.

Usually, I think there's a good combo of around 2-3 weapons/weapon types that when used together, allow you to deal with most situations pretty effectively.

Right. There is no one weapon that can deal with all situations effectively. You have to switch up constantly to be at your best.

Butoden
Jul 9, 2004, 12:35 PM
Guld Milla's pretty strong. More strong weapons would be Double Cannon, Sange & Yasha, Tsukimiru J-Sword (or however it's called), Berdysh and Oriotagito. A strong force weapon must be Hildebear's Head. Nothing beats free Foie! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tsudo_Plat
Jul 9, 2004, 01:30 PM
On 2004-07-09 10:35, Butoden wrote:
Guld Milla's pretty strong. More strong weapons would be Double Cannon, Sange & Yasha, Tsukimiru J-Sword (or however it's called), Berdysh and Oriotagito. A strong force weapon must be Hildebear's Head. Nothing beats free Foie! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yeah, free Gibarta! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I would have to say the best weapon out there is Frozen Shooter. Its the most helpful throughout the whole game. This is of course IMO.

Butoden
Jul 9, 2004, 01:46 PM
They say the freezing really helps you, but usually I manage to get the enemies away from me with a rifle or handgun anyways, so the freezing's just a bonus I guess. Or a security for those with bad aim! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif