PDA

View Full Version : The Futility of Guild Cards?

Utherpendrgn
Feb 20, 2001, 10:08 PM
I've been playing online for a while now, and I can't help but wonder about the point of Guild Cards. Sure they're fun to write and exchange, and they allow you to send messages and such, but there isn't any way to make sure someone is online! It would have been so much smarter to put something on the guild card to say whether they're online and where they are (Ship/Block/Lobby stuff) so they're easy to find if online. Sounds like an idea for PSO2. Of course, I could always be missing something painfully obvious that I just haven't found yet.... Some feedback would be appreciated.

Athian
Feb 20, 2001, 10:12 PM
Ummm they do have that feature dude you just didnt look hard enough. Go to your card list and click on the name you want to look for then hit search. If the person is online a little magnifying glass icon will appear on the top of the screen next to your health bar. After that just click search results and it will tell you ship, block etc. There is also a meet the person feature that ports you directly to the lobby of the game they are currently in.

Lugnut
Feb 20, 2001, 10:12 PM
Good point there. It does get a bit tedious having to manually search but what can ya do? Anyways! I'm fairly new to PSO World and would like to meet some of you and exchange Guild Cards. Anyone plan on being on tonite? If so I guess I'll catch ya on Puck...

LastUtopia
Feb 20, 2001, 10:13 PM
Right you are! About missing the painfully obvious part, anyway. If you choose someone's guild card and hit "search" the game will search the servers for them. If they are on, a magnifying glass will appear at the top of the screen and you can go to search result to find them.

Utherpendrgn
Feb 20, 2001, 10:15 PM
The second after I sent the post I remembered possibly seeing something about a "Search" button on the menu. Leave it to me to not see somthing as obvious as that. As God among Men Homer Simpson would say: "D'OH!" Thanks for the help. I plan to use that feature next time.

Ambrai
Feb 20, 2001, 10:17 PM
I miss the /who all friend of EQ http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_cool.gif

LastUtopia
Feb 20, 2001, 10:17 PM
Lugnut, I'll be on Puck 9 around 8:30 tonight.