PDA

View Full Version : PC Case ports and such

navci
Jul 8, 2004, 02:30 AM
So. There is this question that is prolly dumb but well. Whatever.

As some of you might know that I got a new PC with kick ass case with blue lights and such. There are 4 USB ports in the back on the motherboard, and 2 in the front, those come with the case.

Problem: None of the ports (the USB, headphone and mic) in the front are working. Bro told me I am supposed to find some sort of drivers to get it to work. Then he just refused to talk to me about that again. ... So I was wondering, is anyone able to let me know where should I start? I am quite completely lost as to how to approach this.

BrokenHope
Jul 8, 2004, 03:07 AM
On 2004-07-08 00:30, navi wrote:
So. There is this question that is prolly dumb but well. Whatever.

As some of you might know that I got a new PC with kick ass case with blue lights and such. There are 4 USB ports in the back on the motherboard, and 2 in the front, those come with the case.

Problem: None of the ports (the USB, headphone and mic) in the front are working. Bro told me I am supposed to find some sort of drivers to get it to work. Then he just refused to talk to me about that again. ... So I was wondering, is anyone able to let me know where should I start? I am quite completely lost as to how to approach this.

The front ports usually connect to headers on the motherboard, basically pins that the front ports plug onto, they are usually marked on the motherboard itself or listed in the motherboard manual. No idea if you got the manual with it, you may need to get your brother to do it for you.

Madzozs
Jul 8, 2004, 05:45 AM
That is really strange. My friend and I ordered cases from the same company a few months back, they were basically the same case aside from color, and a few others tiny details. His front hookups aren't connected. Mine worked right out of the box.

It's all hooked in by a wire or two. Find that, and you are golden.