PDA

View Full Version : Am i already for ultimate??

Ethan232
Jul 8, 2004, 06:01 PM
Im a lvl 71 HUcaseal.
Here is my gear-
----------------
Yamato +60
Virista

Holieness Armor
Elf/Arm+
Elf/Arm+
Dragon/Hp
Metal/Body

Secret Gear

Lvl 200 Mag with 140 POW

Atp- 1252
Dfp- 387
Ata- 187
Evp- 528
Lck- 18

Anything i should change?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ethan232 on 2004-07-08 16:04 ]</font>

Sitka
Jul 8, 2004, 06:07 PM
IMHO - the only real guage of whether or not you're ready for ultimate is to try it out.

If you're hitting for minimal damage and in return getting smacked to the ground by mothverts, maybe a little leveling up in VH Ruins would be in order.

Also, you should be able to accumulate better armour and units in very hard mode while leveling which will make your ult. experience more enjoyable.

On the other hand, if you can play online with a good team (over 80), you'll level up very fast and get access to good items/weps quickly which will definitely help.

As for the specific items you equip, others are probably better able to give you advice than I, so I'll leave that to them.

Have fun playing ultimate!

MT7218
Jul 8, 2004, 06:11 PM
I think you may be able to handle Ult Forest alright. If it's possible, replace those Elf/Arm+ with God/Arms or Elf/Arm++ (I know it's only two more extra ATA, but in Ult you can NEVER have too much ATA.) What Section IDs do you have that are in Ult or at the least V.Hard? If you have a Skyly in V. Hard, you could easily find God/Arms off of Forest Hildebules.

KveerRaven
Jul 8, 2004, 06:13 PM
I second that. I got into Ultimate at 74 and I asked myself the same question. I went in, regardless, tried it out, and the Hit and Ditch to the Door technique was my best strategy until I got stronger. Besides, you'll find yourself leveling up rather quickly in Ultimate the more you play in there. Get a pair of some really good Vulcans with a 50% on Hit and you should be ok. Once you get stronger, Ultimate won't be so bad except for EARLY on in the Mines and the Ruins. GOOD LUCK! *gives ya a thumbs up*

As for units, go with whatever helps you. Most say using a God/Body over an HP is useless, but thats what THEY feel about them. I use them because it actually helps in my style of playing. So, the only person who can tell you if your units, armor, or character level is good enough, is yourself. Again, good luck!

Ethan232
Jul 8, 2004, 06:23 PM
Ok, but you think i can hadel dark falz?

KveerRaven
Jul 8, 2004, 06:29 PM
On 2004-07-08 16:23, Ethan232 wrote:
Ok, but you think i can hadel dark falz?

Well, if you mean Dark Falz on V.Hard, then I'd say yes, but IMHO. My HUmar beat him for the first time on V.Hard at Level 74. At that time, I had a Metal/Body, Dragon/HP, and two Resist/Saint units on. I also carried a few Scape Dolls in the event I didn't get a chance to cast Resta after he cast Grants on my ass and smacked me right side up the face afterwards, but it never happened, so thats why they're there, just incase. Try it out, couldn't hurt to. If you can't do it, or don't get anywhere close to finishing him off before he kills you, then you know you should either find some better units or level up some more.

Sitka
Jul 8, 2004, 06:38 PM
With my twinked char., I entered the fight with Falz on VH right around level 40 and beat him.

With my first char., without the benefit of better weps/items and such, I was more like mid-50's.

In both cases, I made sure I had enough HP to survive most attacks (450 I think for VH) and I stocked up on scape dolls in anticipation.

If you take neccessary preparation (i.e. load up 10-12 scapes prior to the battle), you might have a tough fight, but he's definitely beatable.

And it's kind of fun - trust me - beating him when you're not sure is one of the best parts of the game.

Ethan232
Jul 8, 2004, 06:40 PM
what do you mean "With my twinked char"?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ethan232 on 2004-07-08 16:45 ]</font>

KveerRaven
Jul 8, 2004, 07:00 PM
On 2004-07-08 16:38, Sitka wrote:
With my twinked char., I entered the fight with Falz on VH right around level 40 and beat him.

With my first char., without the benefit of better weps/items and such, I was more like mid-50's.

In both cases, I made sure I had enough HP to survive most attacks (450 I think for VH) and I stocked up on scape dolls in anticipation.

If you take neccessary preparation (i.e. load up 10-12 scapes prior to the battle), you might have a tough fight, but he's definitely beatable.

And it's kind of fun - trust me - beating him when you're not sure is one of the best parts of the game.

I think the reason why I waited till Lvl 74 to face him was because I didn't realize you could just Quit the Game and save after beating him rather than sitting through the credit every time, (GODS that was annoying!) and also because I was busy trying to find some rares as well, without having to go through a boss battle. Otherwise, I'm sure I could have done it WAAAAAY early on.

digigram
Jul 8, 2004, 07:15 PM
twinked = your own high level character giving rare and strong items to new character... such as LVL200 mag, 4 slot brave armor, better guns/swords (Flowen replica or better), and if one has them... GOD/units.

all of my characters haven't been twinked except raising a mag on a seperate character to give to another.

Ethan232
Jul 8, 2004, 07:21 PM
When fighting falz should i use any resistants for his last form? I.E Resist/Devil Resist/Holy

doubletake123
Jul 8, 2004, 07:48 PM
hmmm if you have over 550 hp you will crush him. Just bring all your mates and try to find hit vulcons and you should do very well.

Ethan232
Jul 8, 2004, 08:09 PM
I was planning on using virista, should i switch to valcun (I'm only using a gun for his last form when he is around the loop.)

KveerRaven
Jul 8, 2004, 08:25 PM
On 2004-07-08 18:09, Ethan232 wrote:
I was planning on using virista, should i switch to valcun (I'm only using a gun for his last form when he is around the loop.)

Use the gun when he's out of range. Use a high percentage vulcan or gatling when he's close up. Also, if your mechs or guns have a special on it like Burning or Zonde, use that when his third form glows a luminescent crystal; its only effected by magic (techs). And as for units, even with 550 HP, in my experience, he can still layeth the smacketh down on ya, if your not careful. So use about 2 Resist/Saint units. As for his Megid, its NEVER killed me, mostly because when he flies high up to perform Grants, I'm ALWAYS running around the loop. Good luck

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: KveerRaven on 2004-07-08 18:26 ]</font>

Ethan232
Jul 8, 2004, 08:31 PM
Do Resist/Saints help that much? Or should i use 2 dragon hp instead 2 of them.

KAMIKAZI
Jul 8, 2004, 08:45 PM
If you do go after him make sure that you are willing to put some money into stuff after you die if your not succesful yer first try I would take 2 dragon hp's cuase resist saint wont help you much even or i may be totally wrong on that. I beat Dark Flazs VH on myf rist try but i made usre i wasnt going to die i lvl'd up 20 levels so i beta him when i was 70

Ethan232
Jul 8, 2004, 08:47 PM
dont worry about money, i got 999999 in bank and over 500000 on me http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

KveerRaven
Jul 8, 2004, 09:44 PM
On 2004-07-08 18:31, Ethan232 wrote:
Do Resist/Saints help that much? Or should i use 2 dragon hp instead 2 of them.

In MY experience, two have helped more than HP, but thats just in my experience.

Shigecki
Jul 8, 2004, 10:07 PM
On 2004-07-08 16:01, Ethan232 wrote:
Im a lvl 71 HUcaseal.
Lvl 200 Mag with 140 POW

Atp- 1252
Dfp- 387
Ata- 187
Evp- 528
Lck- 18

At level 71 with an ATP that high, first off, don't know how you did that, (my hucaseal is 96 level and only has 1026 atp) but with that high of atp, sure you are ready for Ult.

Just remember, bring every type of healing available to you, mono, di and trimates along with as many star atomizers you can, and a few scape dolls, and you should have no problem.

Ethan232
Jul 8, 2004, 10:07 PM
Well wish me luck, im going to fight him now. Only one scape doll though :-/

KveerRaven
Jul 8, 2004, 10:12 PM
On 2004-07-08 20:07, Shigecki wrote:

On 2004-07-08 16:01, Ethan232 wrote:
Im a lvl 71 HUcaseal.
Lvl 200 Mag with 140 POW

Atp- 1252
Dfp- 387
Ata- 187
Evp- 528
Lck- 18

At level 71 with an ATP that high, first off, don't know how you did that, (my hucaseal is 96 level and only has 1026 atp) but with that high of atp, sure you are ready for Ult.

Just remember, bring every type of healing available to you, mono, di and trimates along with as many star atomizers you can, and a few scape dolls, and you should have no problem.

Probably has a lot to do with TONS of mats, her POW mag level, and all that. Personaly, yeah, I know Casts get a bigger ATP increase at Level Ups, but my HUmar only has a base ATP of 989, so it more than likely has to do with mats and her mag POW level.

Ethan232
Jul 8, 2004, 11:20 PM
Just beat it! Thanks for all your help, i didnt even need a scape doll (beat it in 3 trys)

Also, my ATP is only like that WITH the yamato on, i got a typo there, without its like 900 something.

shingo
Jul 9, 2004, 07:41 AM
i eqiuped all the best stuff i had and tryed it out
and i did okay

shingo
Jul 9, 2004, 07:50 AM
heres my stuff

armor-ult frame two master abilties and angel lucks
sheild- delsabers sheild
weapon justy+15

mag devils wings