PDA

View Full Version : The Jump to Linux...

Link00seven
Jul 8, 2004, 08:44 PM
Yo,

Well, this is it folks! Another person is making the jump to the all famed, linux!

As of right now I almost got all the Mandrake 10 ISO's downloaded, and once they're done, i'm backing up all my stuff, deleting all my partitions, and starting over with a duelboot XP/Linux system.

Wish me luck...while I, as Leo Laporte says, "Take the plunge to Linux!"

I wish he was still on The Screen Savers, it'd be great to be able to call in on Linux questions...oh well, we have his website, and the whole G4TechTV rant has been done so many times -_-

Aunt_Betty
Jul 8, 2004, 08:47 PM
Kinda like me going from Windows to Mac. It' was a big change. I rarely ever use a PC any more.

eRUPT
Jul 8, 2004, 11:20 PM
Leo was a moron actually. Gave horrible advice alot of times and in many cases, completely wrong advice causing major fuckups in peoples systems.

Have fun in linux and keep buggin me on AIM about it if anything.

Link00seven
Jul 9, 2004, 02:47 AM
bah, I had it up and running, but the bootloaders were screwin up, things wernt workin right (internet, anyone?) and I kept gettin mixed advice so I didnt really know what I was doing. I just restarted and got Win XP in there again...I really cant afford to screw this computer up, and i'm so damn inexperienced, I could just damn well do that.

So, I gave it up, for now.

EDIT: At least I gave it up until I get a new HDD (I realized, I need all this space (20GB: woopie) for Windows between music and games...lol. I'll mess with Linux some other time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Linkooseven on 2004-07-09 00:49 ]</font>