PDA

View Full Version : Finally hit GOD..

Esoteric
Jul 9, 2004, 05:19 AM
Well it is official, I'm finally ranked 10:GOD. Reaching this at CLv122, about 1950 wins, and about 1050 hours of play.

Wow that took forever. I'm sure some of you have seen me around, my character is a HUmar named Apotheosis.

Skorpius
Jul 9, 2004, 05:33 AM
lol, hate to be harsh, but it's not like anyone cares anymore.
Congrats, and all, but.. you should have kept quiet, so you could say it was for the self pleasure of it. ;P

zimmk2vgc
Jul 9, 2004, 09:19 AM
just how much meseta is requiered to reach god and the other ranks?

Perfection_of_Mark
Jul 9, 2004, 12:31 PM
Yeah, cg's and all, but that's what I'm wondering too. I'm about to hit the old King threshold of 100k, but I know I'm not turning to king at 100k, there are just too many lords ahead of me (i'm about 340:lord right now) for that to be the king barier. For instance, I had to hit 56k, not 50k, to become lord in the first place. Now, I know why this is done, so that we don't ever have a persons who's like 400:god, they want to reserve those ranks for the top 10 or so.

So, simply, anyone know the ammounts (approx.) of what it takes to be eash of the ranks, specificly lord to king?

Esoteric
Jul 9, 2004, 04:20 PM
On 2004-07-09 03:33, Skorpius wrote:
lol, hate to be harsh, but it's not like anyone cares anymore.
Congrats, and all, but.. you should have kept quiet, so you could say it was for the self pleasure of it. ;P

Harsh? No that was rude and childish. If you don't care then simply don't post on it, easy enough? No need to flame my friend, be mature about it. Also, other people posted on it did they not? It seems you were wrong and that some people might care. Please, grow up. You are the one that needs to be quiet, or at least learn that people are free to post what they want as long as it is on topic and appropriate. You seem to have enough posts here, you should know that by now..

By the way, I'm not sure how much it takes now to hit LORD or KING but right now GOD is 570k because I am the requirement for GOD until I reach the 9th rank.

Myopathy
Jul 9, 2004, 08:44 PM
Don't take it personally. I think Skorpius is just saying people on EP3, for the most part, are not as concerned with rankings anymore.

I've played EP3 here and there, and there's just this general atmosphere of indifference throughout the game. It has rubbed off on me quite a bit, to tell you the truth. The F1 tourney may have killed EP3. Whether it was due to the tourney or not, EP3 sure slowed down since the event.

Esoteric
Jul 9, 2004, 11:04 PM
On 2004-07-09 18:44, Ezellaur wrote:
Don't take it personally. I think Skorpius is just saying people on EP3, for the most part, are not as concerned with rankings anymore.

I've played EP3 here and there, and there's just this general atmosphere of indifference throughout the game. It has rubbed off on me quite a bit, to tell you the truth. The F1 tourney may have killed EP3. Whether it was due to the tourney or not, EP3 sure slowed down since the event.

You seem to think I didn't understand his post, but I did. Take what personally? I didn't say tons of people care or that this was some huge step in the progress of the human race. I just told him not to tell me that I should keep it to myself when I can post it if I please.

In any case I had immense recognition for reaching the 10th spot on the game by many people online today. I don't care if most of you have never met me and would rather watch a snail cross the street. I never said I expected a party and gifts for reaching GOD either. I just wanted to post it so calm down and quit trying to defend him like I was really upset and have no clue what is going on. I was only saying my opinion to his statement. I also have friends that play nearly every single day and some can read it here that I reached GOD instead of finding out a week down the road. It doesn't matter if I take it personal or not, either way what I said is true about how he replied. This is a game is it not? Why should I even expect it to be the most popular thing since sliced bread, get a clue?

Myopathy
Jul 10, 2004, 11:09 AM
On 2004-07-09 21:04, Esoteric wrote:

On 2004-07-09 18:44, Ezellaur wrote:

In any case I had immense recognition for reaching the 10th spot on the game by many people online today. I don't care if most of you have never met me and would rather watch a snail cross the street. I never said I expected a party and gifts for reaching GOD either. I just wanted to post it so calm down and quit trying to defend him like I was really upset and have no clue what is going on. I was only saying my opinion to his statement. I also have friends that play nearly every single day and some can read it here that I reached GOD instead of finding out a week down the road. It doesn't matter if I take it personal or not, either way what I said is true about how he replied. This is a game is it not? Why should I even expect it to be the most popular thing since sliced bread, get a clue?

The only one who isn't calm in this thread is you.

And can I get some fries with that flamebait?

Malkavian
Jul 10, 2004, 01:06 PM
My opinion is that reach GOD is more bad than good.
Well the last GODs could be ok...
I really doubt the top 10th rank players play much games against humans. In my experience of the jp version, GOD players aren't really nice people. Dual GC, playing most of time in COM tourneys, using the most old&boring&cheap decks, etc.

Esoteric
Jul 10, 2004, 06:44 PM
On 2004-07-10 11:06, Malkavian wrote:
My opinion is that reach GOD is more bad than good.
Well the last GODs could be ok...
I really doubt the top 10th rank players play much games against humans. In my experience of the jp version, GOD players aren't really nice people. Dual GC, playing most of time in COM tourneys, using the most old&boring&cheap decks, etc.

You would think that wouldn't you. Well, I can't convince you otherwise but I will tell you the truth. The only reason I even played this game for this long and for this many tournaments and hours is because of my online friends that I have made. Some of them stem back from the Dreamcast days and that is what has made it so hard to leave them.

It is funny though, how people assume the horrible for the people who hit the GOD mark. I saw first hand people who didn't know me claiming I cheated or com bashed my way there, when in fact I did not. So yesterday I was just standing there, realizing that many of the people who knew for a fact I am by far the most human playing GOD player no longer play on Episode 3. I was lingering around the KING 15 position for over a month due to the fact of playing as many humans as I could and to be the best player with a good strategy and be a respectable player if I did hit GOD.

Once I was around 12:KING I did do some com bashing I admit, because it was sucking how I would play all day and still make less than some of the ranks lower than me and not be progressing to GOD. I will say this though. I swear on my soul that I joined an extreme amount of tournaments that had humans in them. Back when I was just a starting player, I absolutely despised playing the COM when there was so many friends I had to play with and team with. This went on for a very long time. I would even go as far as to say at LEAST 80% of my wins have come from joining human tournaments. Due to this fact my level remains fairly low in comparison to my wins. I see people around me with similar online and offline wins who have an online level 20, 30, even 40 or more levels higher because they have played on /B ships to com bash while I have been earning many 5 exp wins and some losses that drop me back from losing to human players.

Now I see that GOD is more of a position that people see and are either jealous, assume things that are not true, and rumors spread because of it. So I quit yesterday, I don't want to be part of that. Don't worry about seeing me or having to play me ever now because when I do play it will be on Ep1&2 with my friends. That is all.

Skorpius
Jul 11, 2004, 03:45 AM
Your posts prove that you cared so much. Now you have this topic, and you can't play anymore to show yourself worthy against opponents. You keep nailing into our heads that you did this with honor (human bashing), yet you kind of gloat about it as you try to defend yourself against my pointless post (and other replies). The fact remains, if you truly were not gloating about this, you wouldn't care so much to defend you integrety against those that supposedly don't matter (i.e. other players that don't know you).

I congratulated you, and offered you the harsh truth that most people probably won't care anymore. You took it personally, and lashed out, I meant no harm by it, but I guess you can't expect much from people these days.

(I'm expecting a 2 paragraph reply to this)

EDIT:
Estimating
Top 10 = GOD
11-100 = KING
101-500 = LORD
501-1000 = CHAMP

The meseta counts are there incase the positions arent filled up, which they have been already

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2004-07-11 01:56 ]</font>

Zalana
Jul 11, 2004, 11:42 AM
Hey cmon yall. Give the guy some credit he worked hard for it. I've seen him on long times a day an such playing to get that 10 spot. He finally gets it feels great about an wants his friends to know in case they don't play the game and/or come here and post.

You guys nearly tried to fucking burst his bubble an make him feel like shit for achieving it. Some of you might not have tried to be rude coming off. But it sounded like that or you was really jealous. It might've been one of his big goals in this game.

You guys have to think sometimes if the shoe was on the other foot that, if you was just achieving GOD an someone came in an shattered your accomplishment. You'd be hard pressed and upset.

All I just want to say is that everytime someone posts something good don't be all crazed to give them the bad news about it. Thx have a nice day everyone and good luck Apotheosis an I hope you still play.

Aunt_Betty
Jul 11, 2004, 05:03 PM
YAY! *gives iPods to everybody* Well at least you won't brag or boast about it.

Esoteric
Jul 11, 2004, 11:37 PM
No matter what was said, the ball has been dropped and I have quit the game completely. I realized reaching GOD was not all it was cracked up to be, at least in my mind. I knew it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but actually all the insults and such have lead me to see no viable reason to continue to play. I have in fact only played for my friends, always. Since the day I started playing PSO on Dreamcast it was for a friend. Now, most of them are actually gone and so I don't want to be around a community of players that have to question my intentions or only talk to me because of my rank. I know that wouldn't be the case for all, but for most it would be. If I offended any of you I am sorry, if you think I am a loser or want to make assumptions or make comments that neglect my actions feel free, I give up. I guess I'm weak when it comes to things like this. I not only give up on playing PSO, but trying to maintain the friendships I had or could make on it - when in fact that was the only reason I played.. It just seems too hard for me now. The more I try, the more it seems I am pushed away.

MinscTFA
Jul 12, 2004, 07:43 AM
On 2004-07-11 01:45, Skorpius wrote:

EDIT:
Estimating
Top 10 = GOD
11-100 = KING
101-500 = LORD
501-1000 = CHAMP

I'm currently around 607:LORD.

Esoteric: Congrats reaching the GOD rank. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Malkavian
Jul 12, 2004, 08:41 AM
I want to state I didnt assume or say you do the things I said about GOD rankeds.
Also I said the lower GODs, like you GOD:10, could be out of that extremely com bashing shyt. And I think US version is a bit less competitive than JP.
I recognize I was a bit rude, saying that. I was saying the truth. Considering how works the meseta system, is a fact that best ranked players must do those type of things to be there.

And anyways is just a game. Someone can be GOD:2 com bashing 6 hours a day and be a nice person.

DualHydra
Jul 12, 2004, 08:11 PM
Congrats Esoteric. Ive seen you online a lot. Your cool. Your buddy SOURCE...ugh...I hate him...

Esoteric
Jul 12, 2004, 10:07 PM
On 2004-07-12 18:11, Tidus_415 wrote:
Congrats Esoteric. Ive seen you online a lot. Your cool. Your buddy SOURCE...ugh...I hate him...

Thanks.. well SOURCE hasn't been online for a couple months now, he joined the marines. I know what you mean though, he has a big ego and a big mouth but he was one heck of a gamer and did have a good side. He was always finding ways to keep people entertained or pissed off..

Sharkyland
Jul 14, 2004, 05:05 AM
It's sad to see another person go... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif To achieve something, is a nice goal to yourself and knowing that when you sometimes get up there, there will be a lot of ppl who will be raging mad about it. It sucks that you get critized by ppl from stuff you don't do much of.

Marcian
Jul 14, 2004, 12:22 PM
Yeah know, I just joined the Phantasy Star craze BECAUSE of the card game (I love CCGs SO much!), so PSO3 is currently my life. You are truly impressive in my eyes to be able to get that far. Who do you typically play? Hunters or Arkz?

Oh yeah... Information to a certain someone:

You can only raise rank with Meseta. You can only get Meseta in tournaments. Therefore, his claim is its own proof that he played human players.

God Bless,
Marcian

Dr_Tokugawa
Jul 14, 2004, 02:41 PM
Marcian, we'll cut you a break because you're new.

You can enter a tournament with all COM's, you just won't get as much meseta per win as you would against a human opponent.

Welcome to the game!

Marcian
Jul 14, 2004, 03:40 PM
Oh yeah, heh, forgot about that part. Erm... Sorry? Anyway, yeah! HI! Marcian here! Greatest Strategist of all time! Yeah... there's my introduction. Anyway, if you want a good fight, check out the quest section, where I am posting my own home made quests!

God Bless,
Marcian

Esoteric
Jul 14, 2004, 03:41 PM
On 2004-07-14 10:22, Marcian wrote:
Yeah know, I just joined the Phantasy Star craze BECAUSE of the card game (I love CCGs SO much!), so PSO3 is currently my life. You are truly impressive in my eyes to be able to get that far. Who do you typically play? Hunters or Arkz?

Oh yeah... Information to a certain someone:

You can only raise rank with Meseta. You can only get Meseta in tournaments. Therefore, his claim is its own proof that he played human players.

God Bless,
Marcian

When I first started playing I would mostly play as a Hunter, then for over a month I was playing only as Arkz, but then by the end I completely stopped playing as Arkz and only used Hunter.

For two months or so before I quit I mostly used a Silfer deck which I made myself and it was a deck that was basically a counter deck to all that people could throw at me. That was my goal in deck creation, one deck whose weakness was basically only itself. I got about 750-1000 wins with that deck and lost only 25-50 times when using it, which did include mostly humans. It is amazing how far a simple deck with just a few S/SS rank cards can go when used to its fullest.

Marcian
Jul 14, 2004, 04:50 PM
LoL. Yeah, it is pretty easy to win on pure muscle like that. Well, the counter thing is also pretty fun, I would imagine. Sooo many people use Sil'Fer and Kranz! It takes some real originality to make an obscure character work. I saw a guy use Lura. It was really admirable that he was willing to go the distance with that character. Felt bad that he died in four turns...

Oh, yeah... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Esoteric
Jul 14, 2004, 05:09 PM
All characters work fine if used right. Arkz especially since the main objective of using an Arkz is to keep a Hunter or other creatures from reaching his story character. So unless a specialty Arkz deck is being used the idea is that you don't even want your Arkz to have to attack in the first place, which doesn't make much of a difference which one you use in that case.

Lura is actually pretty good due to her fixed range area, and can deal some heavy damage within that area in a deck with the right action cards.

The only reason I stopped playing as Arkz is because my team partner that I played with nearly every day quit and I became more of a solo player. Sil'fer isn't even my favorite SC, Stella is. But the thing is, Stella depends on high dice to be used decently and Sil'fer can come back in solo games with low dice very well due to her high AP.

Dr_Tokugawa
Jul 14, 2004, 08:03 PM
btw, Apotheosis, congrats.

I hang with Drunken Robo, who I hear is a buddy of yours, so I can assume you're a good guy. ;p