PDA

View Full Version : Mil lilies info

Vielka
Jul 9, 2004, 10:23 AM
I was curious if anyone has started or completed any observations on mils on waterfall tears quest. Ive been piping for mils to get my pwand lately, and noticed that my goal of 2 mils a day has been met only from 7am to around 7:40am est. Im going to a start keeping track of info such as pipe numbers, beat times, number of mils a day, etc. I was wondering if anyone has started this already so i can contribute.. P.S. i know rare enemies are random, but this is just to try to get a better idea of an average time/pipe number.. thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vielka on 2004-07-09 08:23 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Jul 9, 2004, 10:26 AM
Beat time theory was proven wrong with game data.

The estimated average is 1/512, but many are now claiming it is closer to 1/400.

To estimate the number of pipes you need to see a rare enemy, divide 512/# of enemies you are piping (512 to be safer).

Fredrick
Jul 9, 2004, 10:49 AM
On 2004-07-09 08:23, Vielka wrote:
I was curious if anyone has started or completed any observations on mils on waterfall tears quest. Ive been piping for mils to get my pwand lately, and noticed that my goal of 2 mils a day has been met only from 7am to around 7:40am est. Im going to a start keeping track of info such as pipe numbers, beat times, number of mils a day, etc. I was wondering if anyone has started this already so i can contribute.. P.S. i know rare enemies are random, but this is just to try to get a better idea of an average time/pipe number.. thanks

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vielka on 2004-07-09 08:23 ]</font>

You know what... that quest always seems to be funky... I have a feeling ST set it up somehow. After all they mention and suggest you pipe so its not like they dont know about it.

Vielka
Jul 9, 2004, 11:05 AM
yesterday was kinda odd. I piped for mils for awhile. around pipe 75 i got a mil.. then pipe 76 i got another.. both within 7am to 7:40 am.. today this morning, i had a mil around 7:30 am which happened to be on pipe 81. let me just get this info gathered up and see if there is a pattern, or a common average..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vielka on 2004-07-09 09:05 ]</font>

jspacemunkey
Jul 9, 2004, 11:11 AM
when piping for god/powers (eight in total) with my viridia HUcast i was able to pipe six mil lilies in the nine lily waterfall tears room within two hours. i then reloaded waterfall tears and went to the nine lily room again. it took twice as much time for me to pipe as many lilies. i don't think there's anything weird with waterfall tears, and i think this pattern is roughly consistent with a 1/512 or 1/400 rare enemy appearance rate. i'm going to be piping two 1975 agitos in that room within the next couple weeks and i'll keep careful track of how many ob and mil lilies i see each hour.

Vielka
Jul 9, 2004, 12:01 PM
yea.. i just wrapped up my hr lunch break.. after piping for an entire hour, i didnt see any mils.. i lost track of how many pipes i used, but it was over 140 telepipes for sure.. so 140 pipes times 9 lilies comes out to 1260 ob lilies http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

PaleKid15
Jul 9, 2004, 12:19 PM
I'm going to try to be nice about this:

I respectfully request that you let this topic die.

512/9=57 (rounded up)

514/9=58 (rounded up)

So the average appearance rate is 1 mil every 57 pipes (or 58).

So if you can do about 3 pipes a minte, that's 1 mil lily every 19 mins , or 20 mins (rounded up).

There, that's all the averages you need, and because they are based on the games coding, and not one persons experiences, they are more accurate than the averages you could come up with anyway.

Butoden
Jul 9, 2004, 12:29 PM
I happen to have seen 2 Mils today as well (both telepiped at the Addicting Food quest), trying to find the Sange katana. I found one pretty fast, my 14th pipe or something. Was around beat time 210 (my time on my gamecube isn't correct but thats ok), the second one was alot later, don't really remember what beattime because Sange was dropped and I was pretty exited (blaim me?) so I wasnt paying attention. NEwayz, Beat time is in no way related to rares being dropped, so don't thrust on it too much.