PDA

View Full Version : Damn rascists....probably don't know they are...

soccerdudegy
Jul 9, 2004, 03:19 PM
It seems to me that my entire town now is rascist, and half of them, or more specifically the kids at my highschool, dont even know they are. It is just "normal" now to make fun of hispanics and mexicans, and to give them a hard time and give them shit about every possible thing they can think of. A lot of my classmates are like "well geez if they dont want to be made fun of they shouldn't come up here to America." If we look at this logically for half a second, we would remember that they are ALLOWED to immigrate here if they so wish. I am not talking about illegal imegration, and that is a whole other subject entirely, but if they want to come here legally, then they are U.S. citizens and deserve every other right that we all enjoy, one of which is just a given, to be treated fairly. I have been to Mexico, and when i was in Mexico city I didn't have people making fun of me because I was an American, but rather the opposite, they treat you like a god down there. Oh well... I'm not really sure about the whole reason behind me posting this, I just had to vent some steam.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 9, 2004, 03:28 PM
On 2004-07-09 13:19, soccerdudegy wrote:
I have been to Mexico, and when i was in Mexico city I didn't have people making fun of me because I was an American, but rather the opposite, they treat you like a god down there.

Because even poor Americans can be considered wealthy in Mexico. That's not an exaggeration, either. They come up here and work for minimum wage over the summer, then return to Mexico with their earnings for the winter. Because of what they did over the summer, they have enough money to feed their entire families until summer comes around again.

You've gotta watch those poor-looking little girls in the streets down there, though. They're good at picking your wallet from your pocket, without you ever knowing. The truth is, they probably treated you so well down there because you're an American, and they figure they can get you to pay extra expensive prices.

Kadavreski
Jul 9, 2004, 03:28 PM
i am fed up with rap songs discriminating the other race *coughdrecough* and, even there own race...

all i can say is

go twista!

Kadavreski
Jul 9, 2004, 03:32 PM
On 2004-07-09 13:28, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

I have been to Mexico, and when i was in Mexico city I didn't have people making fun of me because I was an American, but rather the opposite, they treat you like a god down there.

Because even poor Americans can be considered wealthy in Mexico. That's not an exaggeration, either. They come up here and work for minimum wage over the summer, then return to Mexico with their earnings for the winter. Because of what they did over the summer, they have enough money to feed their entire families until summer comes around again.

You've gotta watch those poor-looking little girls in the streets down there, though. They're good at picking your wallet from your pocket, without you ever knowing. The truth is, they probably treated you so well down there because you're an American, and they figure they can get you to pay extra expensive prices.

thats a lie...you make out that they are all poor. fraid not mate.

Ness
Jul 9, 2004, 03:55 PM
He's not saying that all Mexicans are poor. What he's saying is that our money is wotrh so much mroe than theirs, which is true. I could go to Mexico with $10,000 and live very comfortably for quite some time.

soccerdudegy
Jul 9, 2004, 05:40 PM
Ness is correct, there is a ratio there, I am not sure of what it is, ness may have just said it, but it is like in the simpsons when homer tries to smuggle back suveniers, and he gets caught and has to pay "a fine of two american dollars." To them it is a lot of money, but to us it isn't.

Evil_Althena8
Jul 9, 2004, 06:01 PM
I live in a slightly lower-class neighborhood that is over half mexican descent people. I've lived here for 11 years, so I'm used to it, and I have many mexican friends. I live in a city called Perrysburg in Ohio. It is one of the most "perfect" cities in the U.S. It's a city of a bunch of rich kids, there are neighborhoods here that are like mansion neighborhoods. The Perrysburg Heights (which is the neighborhood i live in) is on the outskirts of the city. Everybody thinks its like the ghetto of perrysburg. Mexicans are big, bad, and scary. If you go throught the heights, "you might get shot!". Stupid people.

ABDUR101
Jul 9, 2004, 06:20 PM
Every city has their "ghetto" that they think is a horrible part of town and that it's dangerous to be there.

People in my are vary from outright racist, to closet racists. Various family members fall into those two categories, most of my family if not all.

Heh, there's a part of town where most that live there are african american, can only imagine what they call that place.

But, thats life. People can be quite ignorant if they want to be. The sad truth is, they're missing out on a lot of good people, and they're the only ones at a loss in the end.(as long as they aren't hurting anyone anyways, verbal abuse is what it mostly gets to around here, but there has been some physical confrontation every so often on both sides)

InfernoNR7
Jul 9, 2004, 06:42 PM
It seems to me that my entire town now is rascist, and half of them, or more specifically the kids at my highschool, dont even know they are. It is just "normal" now to make fun of hispanics and mexicans, and to give them a hard time and give them shit about every possible thing they can think of. A lot of my classmates are like "well geez if they dont want to be made fun of they shouldn't come up here to America." If we look at this logically for half a second, we would remember that they are ALLOWED to immigrate here if they so wish. I am not talking about illegal imegration, and that is a whole other subject entirely, but if they want to come here legally, then they are U.S. citizens and deserve every other right that we all enjoy, one of which is just a given, to be treated fairly. I have been to Mexico, and when i was in Mexico city I didn't have people making fun of me because I was an American, but rather the opposite, they treat you like a god down there. Oh well... I'm not really sure about the whole reason behind me posting this, I just had to vent some steam.

First off, I ain't know racist, though I am pretty keen at sociology, which can be mistaken for raicism.

You wouldn't believe the number of Hispanics that are in your school that are probably illegal immigrants.

Also, I live in a place with a heavy Hispanic Population, and they really don't do much to raise how they are percieved around here. (this is Generalized, and there are always exceptions to anything you say about most groups). It's not my fault if they're the ones who don't bother to learn English, don't abide by ANY of our rules, and are the ones who, to put it nicely, aren't on the honor role (or even close). Sure, many of them are nice people, but what the public percieves of them can be a lot different from how they act.

Poor Americans = Rich In Mexico, by the way.
Which does not pretain to all Mexicans being poor, because they're not. (Example: The family next to me came from Mexico, and have more money than we do. We live in a Middle-Class neighborhood).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: InfernoNR7 on 2004-07-09 16:44 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
Jul 9, 2004, 06:43 PM
On 2004-07-09 13:32, mechgun_mike wrote:

On 2004-07-09 13:28, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

thats a lie...you make out that they are all poor. fraid not mate.

I grew up in a small rural town called, "El Nido." The town was named by Juaquin Murieda, as it was one of the places he used to hide out. The population of this small town lowers drastically during the winter, as everyone with work visas go back to Mexico for the reasons I explained above. My two best friends are Mexican. One of which is the first generation of his family to be born in the United States, and he still goes back to Mexico for regular visits to see his grandparents, who own a candy store in the town they live in. My information comes from him, as well as a number of the Mexican workers that worked for my father during the summer, and returned to Mexico for the winter with their earnings. I know what I'm talking about.

It's true that Mexico has a great number of popular tourist locations. Cabo San Lucas, Tijuana, Mexico City, Cozumel, and so on. However, Mexico isn't as strict about enforcing the law as the United States is, and a great deal of the population that will come in contact with you is not strictly honest. A great deal of the people that tourists might meet there are individuals who will seek out Americans, and get from them whatever they can-- and you'd be surprised at how many children have been trained to pick pockets; especially in TJ. If a shop keeper believes that you are a foreigner, he is likely to tell you prices for things in American dollars that are not consistant with the price in Mexican pesos. Furthermore, if you get pulled over by a police officer, depending one where you are, there may or may not have been a legitimate reason, but whether there is or not, odds are, twenty-five to fifty bucks will convince the officer that you weren't doing anything wrong, and will thereby prevent you from spending a night in a Mexican jail cell. This is no exaggeration, and this is no lie. While Mexico can be a fun place to visit, simply enough, it's not a strictly safe place for tourists. It does improve as you get further from the northern border, but you've got pick-pockets infesting the tourist attractions, and you've got corrupt police in the boonies. That's just the way it is.

AUTO_
Jul 9, 2004, 07:03 PM
Would you like to buy some Chiclets?

Anyways, racism is stupid no matter what angle you take it from. We're all just people and finding physical attributes to judge a person or a group of people is lame...but convenient for idiots.

soccerdudegy
Jul 9, 2004, 11:01 PM
That is true, to quote a great movie "we all breathe the same air." there is no characteristic that makes one ethnic group or race better then another. When it all boils down to it, we are the same.

InfernoNR7
Jul 10, 2004, 12:51 AM
On 2004-07-09 21:01, soccerdudegy wrote:
That is true, to quote a great movie "we all breathe the same air." there is no characteristic that makes one ethnic group or race better then another. When it all boils down to it, we are the same.

On the same part, I beg to differ.

I think what you mean is that we should all be threated in the same manner.

If we were all the same, life would suck, I couldn't stand, for example, living with 6.5 billion of myselves, I'd go further insane.

Ness
Jul 10, 2004, 08:43 AM
By "the same" he means that we are all human beings.

Daikarin
Jul 10, 2004, 09:27 AM
"well geez if they dont want to be made fun of they shouldn't come up here to America."

(...)

You just answered their stupid quote with a fine example.

InfernoNR7
Jul 10, 2004, 01:07 PM
On 2004-07-10 06:43, Ness wrote:

I was kinda just givin 'em a hard time.

I did get it tho.

Why not say "we're all humans" instead, lolz.

Kadavreski
Jul 11, 2004, 01:43 PM
On 2004-07-10 11:07, InfernoNR7 wrote:

On 2004-07-10 06:43, Ness wrote:

I was kinda just givin 'em a hard time.

I did get it tho.

Why not say "we're all humans" instead, lolz.

because.we are surrounded by *ucks every day...

go on. listen to *uck dre by 2pac twista and dre.

i dare you.

you'll soon see why we can't stop racism...the kids look up to dre and twista...hell,i do.