PDA

View Full Version : Red Ring Quest?

TheOneHero
Jul 9, 2004, 09:20 PM
Bah, dont yell, bah, i didn't know what to really title this, though i guess it works out. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif But since the red ring is hacked on GC and all, ive heard that a *Red Ring Quest* is going to be released sometime, have any of you heard about it?

Bah, anyway, just thought id ask.

Sef
Jul 9, 2004, 09:33 PM
On 2004-07-09 19:20, TheOneHero wrote:
Bah, dont yell, bah, i didn't know what to really title this, though i guess it works out. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif But since the red ring is hacked on GC and all, ive heard that a *Red Ring Quest* is going to be released sometime, have any of you heard about it?

Bah, anyway, just thought id ask.

Hmm...I didn't think they had any plans to make a quest where we could get the Red Ring...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

TheOneHero
Jul 9, 2004, 09:36 PM
that sucks...o well.

Sef
Jul 9, 2004, 09:38 PM
Well don't get your hopes down yet...Maybe Sonic Team will have a change of heart! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Quo
Jul 9, 2004, 09:41 PM
Eventually, Sonic Team will activate dark Falz' drop rate. It's currently in active, so the rico's items are unobtainable except for glasses and earrings in whitill. When the drop is activated; Viridia, Skyly, Redria, and Whitill have a 1/64 (I think that was the number) chance of getting the red ring. The other ID's will get either Rico's glasses or Rico's earrings.

In other words, when Sonic Team wants you to have the Red Ring, you won't need a quest. TTF or Ruins runs will be fine.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-09 19:43 ]</font>

Ketchup345
Jul 10, 2004, 09:03 AM
On 2004-07-09 19:41, Quo wrote:
Eventually, Sonic Team will activate dark Falz' drop rate. It's currently in active, so the rico's items are unobtainable except for glasses and earrings in whitill. When the drop is activated; Viridia, Skyly, Redria, and Whitill have a 1/64 (I think that was the number) chance of getting the red ring. The other ID's will get either Rico's glasses or Rico's earrings.

In other words, when Sonic Team wants you to have the Red Ring, you won't need a quest. TTF or Ruins runs will be fine.

Don't count on it 100%.

ST left many things banned from online, and never released on the DC version. They may do the same in these versions.

I believe that if/when availible, Whitill has a 1/37 chance for the Red Ring (Whitill is supposedly Rico's ID).

iamfanboy
Jul 10, 2004, 11:53 AM
Yes, Whitill is Rico's ID.

I beat Ult ep2 last night, and the credit sequence shows Red King Rico and Flowen.

I can't remember what Flowen's ID was though...

Nai_Calus
Jul 10, 2004, 12:19 PM
Er, Ketchup, hasn't it been stated/reported many, many times that if the drop rate were active, it would be 1/64? Or do you just think it would be different for WHITILL since it was Rico's ID? (And what else are you basing this off of?)

Incidentally, ST can't spell. RICO doesn't work out as a WHITILL ID, but RIKO does. Heh.

Ketchup345
Jul 10, 2004, 12:31 PM
On 2004-07-10 10:19, Ian-KunX wrote:
Er, Ketchup, hasn't it been stated/reported many, many times that if the drop rate were active, it would be 1/64? Or do you just think it would be different for WHITILL since it was Rico's ID? (And what else are you basing this off of?)

Incidentally, ST can't spell. RICO doesn't work out as a WHITILL ID, but RIKO does. Heh.

I am fairly sure that when they included it, both Sou's and HeyF00l's charts had the Whitill's drop as being lower than the other ID's that got it. This only applied to the Red Ring though.

iamfanboy
Jul 10, 2004, 01:00 PM
I saved the Ult drop charts off of Housoka's site before it went down.

Here is Whitill Ruins:

Ruins
Enemy Drop Rarity
Arlan Meteor Cudgel (15) *************** 1/1051
Merlan Red Mechgun (15) *************** 1/901
Del-D Rico's Glasses (16) **************** 1/1463
Claw Perfect/Resist (16) **************** 1/1707
Bulclaw DF Field (17) ***************** 1/2276
Bulk (No Drop) -- --
Delsaber Morning Glory (15) *************** 1/701
Indi Belra Belra's Right Arm (15) *************** 1/701
Dark Gunner Red Slicer (15) *************** 1/701
Death Gunner (No Drop) -- --
Dark Bringer Rico's Earrings (14) ************** 1/582
Gran Sorcerer Handgun:Guld (24) ************************ 1/28808
Dark Falz Red Ring (8) ******** 1/37

As you can see, 3 of Riko's items. Guess that's what we'll have to start calling her, eh?

Jason
Jul 11, 2004, 11:46 AM
On 2004-07-10 09:53, iamfanboy wrote:
Yes, Whitill is Rico's ID.

I beat Ult ep2 last night, and the credit sequence shows Red King Rico and Flowen.

I can't remember what Flowen's ID was though...

Mistake is in the bold. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Quo
Jul 11, 2004, 04:25 PM
I think Flowen's ID is whitill too. I think I remember people saying that their ID changed to Whitill when Olga Flow turns you into Flowen, but my memory is pretty hazy on that.

The reason why Rico doesn't work as whitill but Riko does is that in Japanese there is no "c". Her name should technically be Riko. ST screwed up on a bunch of translations "Orotiagito," "Garon/Galon" (in Japanese the character that would be "ti" is "chi" and there is no "L").

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-11 14:26 ]</font>

BladeofDarkness
Jul 11, 2004, 05:09 PM
On 2004-07-11 14:25, Quo wrote:
I think Flowen's ID is whitill too.

Yep, atleast it is on the illustration of him on the playing cards. Here's a pic (http://dynamic2b.gamespy.com/~psoworld/media/11_02_03/card/5.jpg)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BladeofDarkness on 2004-07-11 15:09 ]</font>

Miroku77
Jul 11, 2004, 05:20 PM
His ID is witill as long as the ID that you get when you get turned into him is right. I fought him earlier today. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Corey
Jul 11, 2004, 06:18 PM
On 2004-07-10 10:19, Ian-KunX wrote:

Actually, on V2 (PC version anyway) it is spelled Riko on her items... (RIKOS GLASSES, RIKOS EARINGS) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif But her name in V2 was still Rico...huh.

Nai_Calus
Jul 11, 2004, 06:58 PM
On 2004-07-11 14:25, Quo wrote:

The reason why Rico doesn't work as whitill but Riko does is that in Japanese there is no "c". Her name should technically be Riko. ST screwed up on a bunch of translations "Orotiagito," "Garon/Galon" (in Japanese the character that would be "ti" is "chi" and there is no "L").

The reason RICO doesn't work as WHITILL but RIKO does is becase of the section ID calculations. XP

And yes, I'm aware of the lack of a C, but they have other NPCs with names with Cs that they get right, or other letter combinations not even having equivalents in JP - Calus starts with a C and his name in-game is CALUS, not KALUS, and then there's Matha Grave. No 'th' in JP at all. (I have somewhere an English phrasebook written for Japanese speakers. The 'Th' combination is rendered as a non-english character that looks like a D with a cross on it.)

I like Riko better, actually. Rico is a hispanic boy's name. XP

Quo
Jul 11, 2004, 07:22 PM
I knew you knew that Ian. I was just putting it out there for everybody. Most names in PSO wouldn't work in Japanese at all. I wonder what they are in the JP version.

Nai_Calus
Jul 11, 2004, 07:31 PM
The character names as used to determine section ID are the same. Character names are rendered in the closest katakana equivalent - KARUSU, ERI PAASON, ARISHIA, etc.

Quo
Jul 11, 2004, 07:40 PM
On 2004-07-11 17:31, Ian-KunX wrote:
The character names as used to determine section ID are the same. Character names are rendered in the closest katakana equivalent - KARUSU, ERI PAASON, ARISHIA, etc.

Blaah. ST should've given them true japanese names.

iamfanboy
Jul 11, 2004, 09:02 PM
Almost all of the sci-fi or fantasy games and anime (aside from the very specifically Japanese ones) use what they would consider foreign names, or names rendered in Katakana, Quo.

I mean, hell, one guide I have for FF7 calls her Aerith, not Aeris, simply because it's based off the Japanese version and that's what the guide writer thought they would translate the katakana rendition of her name (A E Ri Tsu), and the 'tsu' is often used for a 'th' sound at the end of a word...

They use foreign names for several reasons. They sound more exotic and therefore more interesting, choosing the proper kanji for a Japanese name can be... annoying, and...

Well, they don't make names to please YOU, Quo. You sure are fussy, man. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Quo
Jul 11, 2004, 11:00 PM
On 2004-07-11 19:02, iamfanboy wrote:
Almost all of the sci-fi or fantasy games and anime (aside from the very specifically Japanese ones) use what they would consider foreign names, or names rendered in Katakana, Quo.

I mean, hell, one guide I have for FF7 calls her Aerith, not Aeris, simply because it's based off the Japanese version and that's what the guide writer thought they would translate the katakana rendition of her name (A E Ri Tsu), and the 'tsu' is often used for a 'th' sound at the end of a word...

They use foreign names for several reasons. They sound more exotic and therefore more interesting, choosing the proper kanji for a Japanese name can be... annoying, and...

Well, they don't make names to please YOU, Quo. You sure are fussy, man. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Yeah, I know. Foriegn words are written in katakana. I just like the sound of japanese better. I guess its the same reason they use romanized names.

Edit: Oh, Fanboy, I meant to ask. Did you ever find the lavis cannon?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2004-07-11 21:08 ]</font>

iamfanboy
Jul 12, 2004, 02:35 AM
Yeah, Quo, I did. A couple of weeks ago actually. 11th slime I saw dropped it.

Now, I'm piping the Magic Rock. So far I am up to 6 Torrs and no rock...

Quo
Jul 12, 2004, 01:25 PM
On 2004-07-12 00:35, iamfanboy wrote:
Yeah, Quo, I did. A couple of weeks ago actually. 11th slime I saw dropped it.

Now, I'm piping the Magic Rock. So far I am up to 6 Torrs and no rock...

Excellent. I left town just shortly after you started hunting, so I wasn't sure if you posted about it or not.

Good luck with the iritista.